McMullin the principled GOP rebuke to Trump

McMullin is classy, stand up guy, independent, conservative traditionally, and an absolute rebuke to Trump's shoddiness and shallowness.

"Salt Lake City, Utah--Former spy Evan McMullin is on the brink of doing what no presidential candidate has done for more than half a century – deprive the Republican nominee of winning the state of Utah. He is very unlikely to become president but his spirited stand as an independent representing traditional conservative values is a powerful rebuke to Donald Trump. It could also be the first step in a realignment on the right after a Republican takeover by the populist billionaire.
McMullin Shows Trump Is Too Wild for the West | RealClearPolitics

He's a very decent man.. no doubt. Unfortunately he's a AGW nutter, supports free trade, NAFTA, TPP, ACA, etc., etc., etc. There he loses true conservatives and is why you embrace him.
I embrace because he is an honest, decent who honors American values, unlike you.

I don't embrace people just because they are honest and decent. He embraces policies that are detrimental to our country.

Limited government, free market, strong security policies are detrimental to the nation?

McMullin is classy, stand up guy, independent, conservative traditionally, and an absolute rebuke to Trump's shoddiness and shallowness.

"Salt Lake City, Utah--Former spy Evan McMullin is on the brink of doing what no presidential candidate has done for more than half a century – deprive the Republican nominee of winning the state of Utah. He is very unlikely to become president but his spirited stand as an independent representing traditional conservative values is a powerful rebuke to Donald Trump. It could also be the first step in a realignment on the right after a Republican takeover by the populist billionaire.

He's a very decent man.. no doubt. Unfortunately he's a AGW nutter, supports free trade, NAFTA, TPP, ACA, etc., etc., etc. There he loses true conservatives and is why you embrace him.
I embrace because he is an honest, decent who honors American values, unlike you.

I don't embrace people just because they are honest and decent. He embraces policies that are detrimental to our country.

Limited government, free market, strong security policies are detrimental to the nation?
Soggy is not worried about the natiion.

And Hillary's ticket to the white house. The folks in Utah will come to regret their stupidity year one when the beast parks 1,500 Syrian refugees in their state and that beautiful tabernacle of theirs gets blown up.

And Hillary's ticket to the white house. The folks in Utah will come to regret their stupidity year one when the beast parks 1,500 Syrian refugees in their state and that beautiful tabernacle of theirs gets blown up.
Did you have nightmares as a child?

By electing McMullen in Utah and siphoning off votes from Trump you Never Trumpers you will get your wish and elect Clinton.

You will own taxpayer funded abortion up till the moment of birth. You will pay for it. And never forget Hillary has no problem with partial birth. You will own it.

You will own the next liberal Supreme Court justices and put the 1st and the 2nd in jeaopardy.

You will own the flooding of millions of ME migrants. I bet you just can't wait to be Germany paying for a man with four wives and 22 children on the dole. Rampant rape. Rampant crime. Europe is being systematically destroyed by Merkel's policies. It's not fiction. It's real.

You will own putting two of the most corrupt individuals who have ever been in American politics, the enabler wife and the sexual predator husband and serial adulterer back in the White House.

:lol:

So Never trumpers. You will own everything Hillary has promised she will do.

I understand the Utah Compact Jake. Most people don't truly understand what this is all about for the Mormon community. Since summer and the garden wrapped up I have studied LDS.

I understand you want an easy flow with your colonies in Mexico. I'm certain that there is a segment who wish to have polygamy reinstated as a legal right to multiple marriages.

Goody for you. You try to make it seem that your disdain for Trump is all "holier than thou" but that's just for show. It's all about the Utah Compact. All about your own community and it has nothing to do really with Trump.

You really do stand apart from every other religious sect. The Amish are coming out in a solid voting block for Trump as are the Hindus. You have your own agenda and to hell with the rest of America.

Clinton will give you what you want. And the rest of America be damned.

If you wanted to defeat Hillary Clinton, you would have nominated anyone but trump since he was the only candidate who she could beat. You sold out the court when you nominated trump since he is never going to give us the judges we want.

Mcmullin winning Utah or any other state does not benefit Hillary.

Besides which, I thought trump was winning with a landslide
A third party, meant to take states away from the republican candidate(because that was his job), that takes a republican state away doesn't hurt the republican candidate?

Hurting both parties doesn't help Hillary. She only benefits when she wins.

Neither of them were ever going to get my vote

Who?

What happened to your boy Gary Johnson??

Did you have nightmares as a child?

No I was a good boy. The Alt-Right never had to hide under my bed.

By electing McMullen in Utah and siphoning off votes from Trump you Never Trumpers you will get your wish and elect Clinton.

You will own taxpayer funded abortion up till the moment of birth. You will pay for it. And never forget Hillary has no problem with partial birth. You will own it.

You will own the next liberal Supreme Court justices and put the 1st and the 2nd in jeaopardy.

You will own the flooding of millions of ME migrants. I bet you just can't wait to be Germany paying for a man with four wives and 22 children on the dole. Rampant rape. Rampant crime. Europe is being systematically destroyed by Merkel's policies. It's not fiction. It's real.

You will own putting two of the most corrupt individuals who have ever been in American politics, the enabler wife and the sexual predator husband and serial adulterer back in the White House.

I understand the Utah Compact Jake. Most people don't truly understand what this is all about for the Mormon community. Since summer and the garden wrapped up I have studied LDS.

I understand you want an easy flow with your colonies in Mexico. I'm certain that there is a segment who wish to have polygamy reinstated as a legal right to multiple marriages.

Goody for you. You try to make it seem that your disdain for Trump is all "holier than thou" but that's just for show. It's all about the Utah Compact. All about your own community and it has nothing to do really with Trump.

You really do stand apart from every other religious sect. The Amish are coming out in a solid voting block for Trump as are the Hindus. You have your own agenda and to hell with the rest of America.

If you wanted to defeat Hillary Clinton, you would have nominated anyone but trump since he was the only candidate who she could beat. You sold out the court when you nominated trump since he is never going to give us the judges we want.

A third party, meant to take states away from the republican candidate(because that was his job), that takes a republican state away doesn't hurt the republican candidate?

Lol ok. I don't guess you understand how it works. Ever hear of red and blue states? Or perhaps the Electoral College?

Only in your head.

TPP, NAFTA, ACA, etc. are not in my head... they actually exist. AGW is imaginary, which makes it even worse that he believes in such nonsense.

They are... yes. The ACA, NAFTA, TPP, AGW, etc. are not.

I am gonna go out on a limb and present another scenario as to what may happen: the Clinton campaign, knowing that it cannot win Utah, through a totally legal whisper campaign, could convince it's loyal Democratic voters to simply go to the polls and decide to vote for Evan McMullin instead. With Gary Johnson still at between 7-8%, if the Clinton (D) voters do this, then Trump will indeed be robbed of those 6 EV. But the effect is wider than you think. In neighboring Idaho, in ID-02, which has a substantial Mormon population, for the first time EVER in polling by CD from that state, I and mean, EVER, Clinton is ahead of Trump in ID-02, narrowly (Emerson poll, landlines only, heavy mathematical conservative bias). Trump is going to easily win Idaho, but not be the customary +36 to +40 for an Elephant, more like +22 to +25, a sure sign of an impending national landslide defeat.

I, as a statistics guy, were I working on her team, would encourage Hillary to do just what I suggest as a possible scenario. And I want to remind: it is totally legal. Hillary could live with only getting 4% of the vote in Utah, she is already way above Obama's statistic in California and may even hit +30 (Obama won with +23 in '12), which will easily translate to about +4 million raw votes in margin. So, losing Utah with the lowet losing % a Democrat ever experienced is not going to hurt her at all: but it WILL hurt Trump.

Hillary's winning Utah.

Don't you have sock accounts to run?

I am gonna go out on a limb and present another scenario as to what may happen: the Clinton campaign, knowing that it cannot win Utah, through a totally legal whisper campaign, could convince it's loyal Democratic voters to simply go to the polls and decide to vote for Evan McMullin instead. With Gary Johnson still at between 7-8%, if the Clinton (D) voters do this, then Trump will indeed be robbed of those 6 EV. But the effect is wider than you think. In neighboring Idaho, in ID-02, which has a substantial Mormon population, for the first time EVER in polling by CD from that state, I and mean, EVER, Clinton is ahead of Trump in ID-02, narrowly (Emerson poll, landlines only, heavy mathematical conservative bias). Trump is going to easily win Idaho, but not be the customary +36 to +40 for an Elephant, more like +22 to +25, a sure sign of an impending national landslide defeat.

I, as a statistics guy, were I working on her team, would encourage Hillary to do just what I suggest as a possible scenario. And I want to remind: it is totally legal. Hillary could live with only getting 4% of the vote in Utah, she is already way above Obama's statistic in California and may even hit +30 (Obama won with +23 in '12), which will easily translate to about +4 million raw votes in margin. So, losing Utah with the lowet losing % a Democrat ever experienced is not going to hurt her at all: but it WILL hurt Trump.

Democrats in Utah?

Mwhahahaha!

Lol ok. I don't guess you understand how it works. Ever hear of red and blue states? Or perhaps the Electoral College?

I'm very much aware of how the 12th amendment and the electoral college works. Which is why I know Evan winning Utah does not help Hillary get to 270. Instead it increases the odds of the House selecting the next president. Which means we could jettison Clinton and trump and get Evan, a limited government conservative instead.

Much better than supporting evil people who are going to hurt our nation.

Hillary's winning Utah.

Don't you have sock accounts to run?

Hillary is in third in Utah.

I'm very much aware of how the 12th amendment and the electoral college works. Which is why I know Evan winning Utah does not help Hillary get to 270. Instead it increases the odds of the House selecting the next president. Which means we could jettison Clinton and trump and get Evan, a limited government conservative instead.

"limited govt" but supports amnesty? Give me a break.
It could keep trump from getting there. Which was THE POINT. Good gawd..

Democrats in Utah?

Mwhahahaha!

About 27% of them are. And if they swing toward McMullin, then Mwhahahahahah!!!

Neee. she goes well over 270 without Utah. So, uh, good luck with that...

Democrats in Utah?

Mwhahahaha!

About 27% of them are. And if they swing toward McMullin, then Mwhahahahahah!!!
The Dems will stay will Hil, of course.

But many of the mainstream LDS are voting for McMullin.

McMullin is classy, a stand up guy, independent, conservative traditionally, and an absolute rebuke to Trump's shoddiness and shallowness.

Conservatives who actually DO hold traditional conservative values have to be beside themselves that anyone in the Republican party would even consider voting for Trump when someone like McMullen is on the ballot and they could cast their vote for him. Rather than for Trump after which they would feel dirty and ashamed.

Forum List

Back