McGregor Fight

...... mma has a much greater variety of offensive and defensive moves than any single fighting art, leading to more diverse and complicated strategies.

Exactly wrong. You never studied any combat arts, did you? Professional boxing is infinitely more complex and advanced than anything you see in standup in mma. Same goes for wrestling, jujutsu, judo, and kickboxing respectively. What you see in mma is generally just a very simplified form of all of the above, for the exact reason you mentioned previously. This is why people who really know these various arts are getting a little bored with the whole mma thing. Again, this is to take nothing away from the great athletes competing in this interesting format.

However, as I said, mma is in a dangerous place right now. There is a good chance that it will be something your great-grandchildren never heard about. If some jackasses chase a couple of bucks in the short-term and become pro-wrestling, it's pretty much all over. Only a dwindling core of small, overly-tattooed white kids with inferiority complexes will be paying per view until it fades away.

You put a boxer in the ring with a well trained mix martial artist the boxer will lose every time.

In the ring to do what? A boxing match, or an mma fight?

MMA obviously. It's vastly more complex than boxing.

No, it’s just different.

How is it just different when you have to learn multiple fighting styles to win?
Boxing is one dimensional where MMA requires multiple skill sets.

Exactly wrong. You never studied any combat arts, did you? Professional boxing is infinitely more complex and advanced than anything you see in standup in mma. Same goes for wrestling, jujutsu, judo, and kickboxing respectively. What you see in mma is generally just a very simplified form of all of the above, for the exact reason you mentioned previously. This is why people who really know these various arts are getting a little bored with the whole mma thing. Again, this is to take nothing away from the great athletes competing in this interesting format.

However, as I said, mma is in a dangerous place right now. There is a good chance that it will be something your great-grandchildren never heard about. If some jackasses chase a couple of bucks in the short-term and become pro-wrestling, it's pretty much all over. Only a dwindling core of small, overly-tattooed white kids with inferiority complexes will be paying per view until it fades away.

You put a boxer in the ring with a well trained mix martial artist the boxer will lose every time.

No, it’s just different.

How is it just different when you have to learn multiple fighting styles to win?

You reveal your ignorance. You could watch 100 boxing matches and not understand what you were looking at. No knock on mma; they are different sports with different kinds of complexity. One more specialized and one more generalized.

No, it’s just different.

You reveal your ignorance. You could watch 100 boxing matches and not understand what you were looking at. No knock on mma; they are different sports with different kinds of complexity. One more specialized and one more generalized.

LOL...was a big fan of boxing right up to the ear for dinner .
Haven't paid for a fight since.

No, it’s just different.

Why do you think Mayweather refused to fight McGregor with MMA rules?
I'll go ahead and tell you....he knew he'd get his ass whipped.

No, it’s just different.

Why do you think McGregor got his ass whipped by a retired boxer who trained for about half an hour?

..... Put a boxer in a cage with an MMA fighter and lets see how well he does with his "infinitely complex stand up"......

If it's still a boxing match, the MMA guy won't enjoy himself very much. If they are playing ping-pong inside a cage, the boxer will probably have some problems.

An MMA match is an MMA match. The boxing component of any such fight is a very simplified version of what an experienced boxer brings to a boxing match. They are different sports. Why does this threaten you so much?
Boxing is a simplified version of fighting.

Im not threatened by your ignorance. I'm merely here to correct the bad information you are putting forth.

No, it’s just different.

Why do you think McGregor got his ass whipped by a retired boxer who trained for about half an hour?
Once again your ignorance is on display. He wasnt retired, he just says that so he can make more money when he comes back. He was also in phenomenal shape because he trained his ass off. Mayweather's work ethic is legendary.

..... Put a boxer in a cage with an MMA fighter and lets see how well he does with his "infinitely complex stand up"......

If it's still a boxing match, the MMA guy won't enjoy himself very much. If they are playing ping-pong inside a cage, the boxer will probably have some problems.

An MMA match is an MMA match. The boxing component of any such fight is a very simplified version of what an experienced boxer brings to a boxing match. They are different sports. Why does this threaten you so much?

Thus proving that you don’t know what you are talking about.

You never trained in any combat art/sport in your life, did you?

No, it’s just different.

Thats easy...they didnt fight MMA style.

No, it’s just different.

Yeah, they boxed, so the boxer won. If they both competed in a race in a pool against a swimmer the swimmer would have won. Get it yet?

Yeah, they boxed, so the boxer won. If they both competed in a race in a pool against a swimmer the swimmer would have won. Get it yet?

Well fuken duh....
My point is that any boxer who tries to fight MMA style is going to lose.
Just as most likely a MMA fighter will lose to a Boxer in a boxing match.

My point is in a street fight the boxer will lose which is what I want to see.
Who has the skills to win...

That's what ignorant kids say.

Nope..thats someone who wants to see the more skilled fighter.

Nope, that's someone who thinks that watching a couple of drunken bums falling down near each other behind the bar at 2:30 in the morning is "skill."

So brazilian jiu jitsu is the sport of drunken bums?
How about karate? Another drunken bum sport eh?

That's what ignorant kids say.

Nope..thats someone who wants to see the more skilled fighter.

Nope, that's someone who thinks that watching a couple of drunken bums falling down near each other behind the bar at 2:30 in the morning is "skill."

So brazilian jiu jitsu is the sport of drunken bums?
How about karate? Another drunken bum sport eh?

Who said that? Your reading skills suck.

Absolutely ive trained in martial arts. Ive also closely followed combat sports for a couple decades, and I listen to fighters talk about fighting every day of the week. Im immersed in this shit.

Absolutely ive trained in martial arts. .......

:lol: Doesn't sound like it. And it sure as hell doesn't sound like you've ever been in a street fight in your sheltered little life.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back