McGregor Fight

I guess mma doesn’t want to be a legitimate sport after all.
Too late, it already is. Hell, next year, ESPN is going to take over the UFC contract that FOX Sports had. Doesnt get more legit than that in sports.

Bullshit. Pro wrestling gets a lot of viewers and it’s just fake as it can be.
You arent making a good argument. I get the feeling you dont have faith in your claim.

Too late, it already is. Hell, next year, ESPN is going to take over the UFC contract that FOX Sports had. Doesnt get more legit than that in sports.

You arent making a good argument. I get the feeling you dont have faith in your claim.

You made the faulty argument.

No, i made the perfect argument, backed up with facts. You merely made a statement and made no effort to actually support it, but you never support your positions, so i shouldnt be surprised.

No, i made the perfect argument, backed up with facts. ....

No, you made a stupid argument that reached a false conclusion.

Nope, you implied that MMA wasnt legitimate sport. I showed how wrong you were by mentioning that MMA will soon be broadcast on the worlds top sports channel. It doesnt get any more legit than that. My conclusion is irrefutable, clearly, otherwise you would have been able to produce a counterpoint. You still cant.

Nope, you implied that MMA wasnt legitimate sport. I showed how wrong you were by mentioning that MMA will soon be broadcast on the worlds top sports channel. It doesnt get any more legit than that. My conclusion is irrefutable, clearly, otherwise you would have been able to produce a counterpoint. You still cant.

Your proof doesn’t support your claim and is therefore fallacious. Your subsequent insistence means less than nothing.

Your proof doesn’t support your claim and is therefore fallacious. Your subsequent insistence means less than nothing.
My proof is irrefutable, which is why you are unable to make an actual argument. Here, let me simplify things for you.

$7,000,000,000 deal with ESPN = Legitimate sport

Fact: The UFC is the most valuable sports franchize on earth. Its worth more than The Yankees, The Dallas Cowboys or even Manchester United.

How about the possibility of MMA going to the Olympics? If it wasnt a legitimate sport, it wouldnt even be in the running.

Why the International Mixed Martial Arts Federation likes MMA's chances for 2028 Olympics

Now, do you have an actual argument to refute that, or do you concede victory to me?

Last edited:

My proof is irrefutable.......

It has been refuted. You fail logic AGAIN.

$7,000,000,000 deal with ESPN = Legitimate sport......

Illogical conclusion. ESPN has broadcast Scrabble competitions, Dancing with the Stars interviews, comparisons between NBA stars and actual animals, and plenty of other nonsense. You fail.

The fact is that mma has not yet achieved the legitimacy of the most popular professional sports in America. It's fan base is still a small one of specialized interest. The potential still exists to grow the sport into that level of legitimacy, but it is far from certain. The novelty of the sport has lost its shine, and many fans who were drawn to the concept have started to notice that the 'mixed' martial arts actually feature a poor version of boxing, wrestling, judo, jujutsu, and kickboxing. Purists interested in a high level of competition in any of those arts won't find it in mma. That is all well and good if mma is seen as a distinct art in and of itself, but idiotic stunts and punkish nonsense like what happened after this fight will lead the average sports fan to see mma as little more than slightly less theatrical pro wrestling. As I said, a shameful waste of great effort and athleticism. But hey, pro wrestling makes a lot of money too.

I've seen brawls in baseball, football, and hockey. The occasional brawl does not make them illegitimate sports.

The novelty of the sport has lost its shine, and many fans who were drawn to the concept have started to notice that the 'mixed' martial arts actually feature a poor version of boxing, wrestling, judo, jujutsu, and kickboxing. Purists interested in a high level of competition in any of those arts won't find it in mma.

In MMA a fighter needs to be able to defend against everything. Boxing looks very different when the fighter has to defend against a take down and ground and pound. A black belt in jujutsu has to defend against getting knocked out. So mma becomes more of a chess match compared to the checker matches of any single fighting art.

I personally don't give a rat's ass about golf, but the sport will survive just fine without me.

The fact is that mma has not yet achieved the legitimacy of the most popular professional sports in America. It's fan base is still a small one of specialized interest. The potential still exists to grow the sport into that level of legitimacy, but it is far from certain. The novelty of the sport has lost its shine, and many fans who were drawn to the concept have started to notice that the 'mixed' martial arts actually feature a poor version of boxing, wrestling, judo, jujutsu, and kickboxing. Purists interested in a high level of competition in any of those arts won't find it in mma. That is all well and good if mma is seen as a distinct art in and of itself, but idiotic stunts and punkish nonsense like what happened after this fight will lead the average sports fan to see mma as little more than slightly less theatrical pro wrestling. As I said, a shameful waste of great effort and athleticism. But hey, pro wrestling makes a lot of money too.
Why does the UFC fights consistently sell more PPVs? Alverez vs Golovkin sold 1.2 million PPVs on September 21 (without Mayweather, it doesnt get really bigger than that for boxing). UFC 229 just sold approximately 2.5 million PPVs on October 6.

Last edited:

Illogical conclusion. ESPN has broadcast Scrabble competitions, Dancing with the Stars interviews, comparisons between NBA stars and actual animals, and plenty of other nonsense. You fail.
They havent aired a Scrabble championship in 15 years you moron! How on earth is that relevant to a discussion about sports legitimacy in 2018? You think ESPN paid Scrabble 7 billion dollars? :laugh:

Last edited:
I've seen brawls in baseball, football, and hockey. The occasional brawl does not make them illegitimate sports.

The novelty of the sport has lost its shine, and many fans who were drawn to the concept have started to notice that the 'mixed' martial arts actually feature a poor version of boxing, wrestling, judo, jujutsu, and kickboxing. Purists interested in a high level of competition in any of those arts won't find it in mma.

In MMA a fighter needs to be able to defend against everything. Boxing looks very different when the fighter has to defend against a take down and ground and pound. A black belt in jujutsu has to defend against getting knocked out. So mma becomes more of a chess match compared to the checker matches of any single fighting art.

You’ve got it backwards.

They havent aired a Scrabble championship in 15 years you moron! How on earth is that relevant to a discussion about sports legitimacy in 2018? You think ESPN paid Scrabble 7 billion dollars? :laugh:

Just one example of how illogical your conclusion was.

Just one example of how illogical your conclusion was.
Your example was terrible, which i clearly just demonstrated. Why does the UFC sell more PPVs than boxing, if boxing is a "legitimate sport" and MMA isnt?

UFC vs boxing: How the pay-per-view numbers compare | bwin graphic

You’ve got it backwards.
Boxing has had the worst brawls. I dont see you saying it isnt a legitimate sport. No one has had their ear bitten off in the UFC. Your arguments are terrible.

Forum List

Back