McConnell: I'll repeal Obamacare as majority leader

"Saves lives" is not an economic argument, it's an appeal to emotion.

Try and concentrate.

Who gives a shit Dude?

We choose to live in a society where people do not die at 54

Well, those of us who are not Libertarian do
I didn't invoke an economic argument that's nothing but an easily debunked leftard yapping point, which doesn't make any sense to anyone with a critical thought in their head.

How would you know what people who think critically have in their head? You seem to measure every issue by a rigid ideology; in effect a rejection of pragmatism which is a product of critical thought.

And we live in a society where the average life expectancy is well into the mid-to-upper '70s.

You really shouldn't be hitting the hard stuff so early in the day.

As usual you close with a snide attack on anyone with ideas. Best you keep pounding nails, a process which requires little critical thought.

goalposts.jpg

You want your goalposts here....or there....or over there....?

Who gives a shit Dude?

We choose to live in a society where people do not die at 54

Well, those of us who are not Libertarian do
I didn't invoke an economic argument that's nothing but an easily debunked leftard yapping point, which doesn't make any sense to anyone with a critical thought in their head.

And we live in a society where the average life expectancy is well into the mid-to-upper '70s.

You really shouldn't be hitting the hard stuff so early in the day.

Its your train of thought dude....the economic viability of preventive medicine

What was the Ron Paul response to a scenario where someone does not carry insurance? He had no issues when the audience shouted "Let him die"

Sad reality is that people who do not have insurance late in life die early......an accepted consequence by Libertarians

The dogma of libertarian utopianism will ‘fix’ all that.

What was the Ron Paul response to a scenario where someone does not carry insurance? He had no issues when the audience shouted "Let him die"

Sad reality is that people who do not have insurance late in life die early......an accepted consequence by Libertarians
The "economic viability" of testing all people for the single-digit number of people who will be detected as having a life threatening malady is not economically viable....Anyone with a shred of common sense can recognize that.

No better evidence of this exists than your having to flaccidly try to change the argument, from one of economic common sense to appeals to emotion.

Obamacare will theoretically improve ER times, but I'm no fan of it either. Both parties have completely failed in working together to improve our health care system. Both parties have been an abject failure in this area.

How will Obamacare improve emergency rooms? For example, I have had to take my wife to the ER a couple of times in the last few months because she has gotten sick when the doctor is not open. When we went to the easycare place they told us to go to the ER. Going to either place is not a free ride for me. The Easycare place will charge me 100 dollars as does the ER. Now it could alliviate the ER crowding because access to doctors are made available. But in my experience getting a doctor's office appointment doesn't happen very fast. So what is a person to do who is sick NOW? Either go to the ER or talks to a Physician Assistant over the phone or easycare places and hope they can diagnose the problem. Personally for me I have no problem with our healthcare the way it is today but I am lucky and don't get sick. The treatment my wife has recieved I would grade as good.

The issue is many people use the emergency room because they do not have any medical insurance. ACA provides a means for those who use the ER for non emergency situations.

Correct. As I said, in theory. Private coverage will open doors that are currently closed. That doesn't, however, make me a fan of the plan.

One party has failed at the working together thing. The Democrats have continued to reach out to the point of begging for the American people.

Repubs are just upset that they lose all of their arguments because they always end up on the wrong side of things.

I would definitely agree that, with the rise of the Tea Party and its simplistic absolutism, the Democrats have looked like the side that is more willing to talk and compromise. Not a GREAT DEAL more, but they have clearly been the side with its hand out.

That said, there is no excuse for this Obamacare mess. I think the Dems saw their window to produce SOMETHING, so they created this pig and crammed it through.

Half the country wants Obamacare and there was a ruling.

What I suspect half the country wants is something that is better than nothing. They settled for this pig, because at least it's something.

A "Medicare For All"/private sector hybrid is not impossible, and in fact we are in many ways not that far from it. There are significant cost and reimbursement issues that would need to be addressed, value-based insurance design would have to be at the core, tort reform would be necessary, and electronic records would need to be a helluva lot more widespread than they are now.

But it won't happen as long as the two parties can't work together.

Last edited:

The "economic viability" of testing all people for the single-digit number of people who will be detected as having a life threatening malady is not economically viable....Anyone with a shred of common sense can recognize that.

No better evidence of this exists than your having to flaccidly try to change the argument, from one of economic common sense to appeals to emotion.

Flooding your train of thought to it's logical conclusion....

Let them die!

Mammograms cost money, colonoscopies cost money, prostate exams are just fucking embarrassing

I would definitely agree that, with the rise of the Tea Party and its simplistic absolutism, the Democrats have looked like the side that is more willing to talk and compromise. Not a GREAT DEAL more, but they have clearly been the side with its hand out.

That said, there is no excuse for this Obamacare mess. I think the Dems saw their window to produce SOMETHING, so they created this pig and crammed it through.

What I suspect half the country wants is something that is better than nothing. They settled for this pig, because at least it's something.

A "Medicare For All"/private sector hybrid is not impossible, and in fact we are in many ways not that far from it. There are significant cost and reimbursement issues that would need to be addressed, value-based insurance design would have to be at the core, tort reform would be necessary, and electronic records would need to be a helluva lot more widespread than they are now.

No question Obamacare is a dog....but it opens the door

Future Congresses can fix what needs to be fixed

Going back to square one means no comprehensive healthcare for a generation....just what Republicans want

Well, that's kinda hard when one party gets to the point it won't even accept ideas it previously endorsed. It's especially hard when that same party appears to now want to privatize everything in sight.

No question Obamacare is a dog....but it opens the door

Future Congresses can fix what needs to be fixed

Going back to square one means no comprehensive healthcare for a generation....just what Republicans want

The problem is that Obamacare is so freakin' far from what I describe that it would even be tougher to get there than it is now. Unwinding this mess, I don't know. I don't know if you can get there from here.

Some issues are emotional and defy logic, others are based solely on ideology and border on the absurd. Both are flawed in terms of governance IMO, and subordinate to pragmatic leadership able to try, test and adjust as circumstances change.

Flooding your train of thought to it's logical conclusion....

Let them die!

Mammograms cost money, colonoscopies cost money, prostate exams are just fucking embarrassing
Once again, shamelessly trying to divert the topic from a baseless economic claim that anyone with any sense can see right through, to hyperbolic emotional pleas....And you're failing at it.

Point being is that you don't really give a shit about costs...You only care about cynically claiming that you care more than the next guy.

Some issues are emotional and defy logic, others are based solely on ideology and border on the absurd. Both are flawed in terms of governance IMO, and subordinate to pragmatic leadership able to try, test and adjust as circumstances change.
You're the guy who was trying to make the absurd claim of the economic benefits of testing 100% of the population, to catch a few percent of the total that may have some sort of life threatening disease....Then, when you get your ass handed to you by someone using the most basic of logic, you try and squirm out of it by claiming that the issue defies logic.

Dude, you really suck at this. :lol:

Staying healthy and going to your checkups will save you in the long run.

Hey if you don't want to go get checked up, that's your problem, but promoting that people should is a good thing.

"By using a budget process called reconciliation, a theoretical Senate GOP majority could successfully vote to repeal the law with just 51 votes, rather than a filibuster-proof 60. Republicans need to pick up four seats to win control of the Senate, or three if Romney wins the White House."

McConnell: I'll repeal Obamacare as majority leader - POLITICO.com

Although the prospect of gaining those seats is within reach, we have to keep our eye on the big ball. We have to have a president who will sign the repeal once passed, even with Democrats on board.

Staying healthy and going to your checkups will save you in the long run.

Hey if you don't want to go get checked up, that's your problem, but promoting that people should is a good thing.
Platitudes and truisms don't change the obviously flawed economic claims of the situation being discussed.

You're the guy who was trying to make the absurd claim of the economic benefits of testing 100% of the population, to catch a few percent of the total that may have some sort of life threatening disease....Then, when you get your ass handed to you by someone using the most basic of logic, you try and squirm out of it by claiming that the issue defies logic.

Dude, you really suck at this. :lol:

Nice try, well not really - the straw you used won't burn. I never suggested, "testing 100% of the population" would be cost effective, that was your inference based on your prejudice. Try to be honest Odd-dude, of course it will make your ideological arguments much weaker - if that's possible - but at least you might be taken seriously.

Age appropriate preventative medicine would likely be cost-effective in terms of cost and human misery. That means, and I'll type slowly for you, that we don't give mammograms to teenage boys or CAT scans looking for cancers when no other symptoms of disease exist.

Forum List

Back