McConnell: I'll repeal Obamacare as majority leader

We needed Obamacare to stop that problem? I seriously doubt, if what you describe actually exists to that extent, Obamacare is going to stop it. Matter of fact it might make it worse. But maybe I am being pessimistic. Look how well medicaid and medicare run and fund themselves, I doubt there will be major problems funding Obamacare. Not as long as we hold a Chinese credit card.

Obamacare will theoretically improve ER times, but I'm no fan of it either. Both parties have completely failed in working together to improve our health care system. Both parties have been an abject failure in this area.

One party has failed at the working together thing. The Democrats have continued to reach out to the point of begging for the American people.

Repubs are just upset that they lose all of their arguments because they always end up on the wrong side of things.

I would definitely agree that, with the rise of the Tea Party and its simplistic absolutism, the Democrats have looked like the side that is more willing to talk and compromise. Not a GREAT DEAL more, but they have clearly been the side with its hand out.

That said, there is no excuse for this Obamacare mess. I think the Dems saw their window to produce SOMETHING, so they created this pig and crammed it through.

President Obama will leave office on 20Jan17.

The continued wingnut stance of the present GOP insures that.

lets hope you don't have to eat crow like some others predicting the Walker recall..

well actually we do hope you have to eat CROW

The Koch brothers are wealthy but they are not wealthy enough to outspend those they wish to suppress by nearly 2.5 to one nationally. If the same amount of money had been spent on both sides of the Wisconsin recall Walker would have lost in a landslide. Walker survived the recall by just a few percentage points. That fairly narrow margin of "victory"? cost his supporters almost 44 million dollars, the vast majority being outside money, to Barret's 17 million. It is projected that Obama's camp will gather a warchest of up to a billion dollars. Romney doesn't inspire America 2 and a half billion's worth. That is what it would take to polute enough minds with Romney ads to even make the November election close.

You might want to double check your figures for WI.

Okay..we've established that you made a mistake in your post.

Well lets dig down a bit.

What lie?

you didn't establish anything

Sure I did. You posted that Obama said the election was just about Jobs. I posted the debates to illustrate that wasn't correct.

Hence..your post was incorrect.

But enough of that.

What lie?

Hence, I don't have time to answer because I have to get ready for work to pay for our new obamacare

I feel so lucky

Obamacare will theoretically improve ER times, but I'm no fan of it either. Both parties have completely failed in working together to improve our health care system. Both parties have been an abject failure in this area.

One party has failed at the working together thing. The Democrats have continued to reach out to the point of begging for the American people.

Repubs are just upset that they lose all of their arguments because they always end up on the wrong side of things.

I would definitely agree that, with the rise of the Tea Party and its simplistic absolutism, the Democrats have looked like the side that is more willing to talk and compromise. Not a GREAT DEAL more, but they have clearly been the side with its hand out.

That said, there is no excuse for this Obamacare mess. I think the Dems saw their window to produce SOMETHING, so they created this pig and crammed it through.

Half the country wants Obamacare and there was a ruling.

So you admit you just posted something that was incorrect.

Right?

good now the people in the 8% unemployed can cheer ANOTHER government run program we can't afford, and cheer all the NEW taxes coming their way compliments of this liar

Okay..we've established that you made a mistake in your post.

Well lets dig down a bit.

What lie?

he said it wasn't a tax. he lied, there are 22 taxes embedded in the bill that no one read, but he stood there and lied anyway.

absolutely, the half that doesn't pay FEDERAL INCOME TAX. why wouldn't they?

so now it minority rules

The problem with the ACA is it threatens the status quo; there is nothing conservatives fear more than change. The dumber members of the echo chamber will shout TAXES from now until November, no pair of glasses has yet been invented to cure intellectual myopia.

There is no mystery behind McConnell's promise to repeal ACA; McConnell's goal that the elected POTUS fail is well known and McConnell hopes to facilitate such an outcome no matter how many of our citizens suffer. Along with Boehner and Cantor, the three stooges of the GOP, individuals who put themselves and their party ahead of the American citizenry, no essential legislation has passed the Congress since they assumed power in January 2009.

Myriad problems exist in our country today and most of them are the result of putting ideology first. It's time for an honest and pragmatic approach. Is that too much to ask?

The GOP has done a shitty job of offering a clear alternative that covers most people.

Right now it's too easy for the Dems to say "they want you to be on your own."

The GOP had their chance, oh well.

I think putting everyone to work is the most logical of alternatives.

This "freedom" and "liberty" thing as they pertain to health care is pretty shallow thinking.

What about my "freedom" to not to have to wait in the ER with my daughter behind people who flood the place because they have/can afford/can qualify for no other coverage? What about my "freedom" to not have to pay extra to businesses for products & services that cost more because that company is stuck with paying for their employees' health care? What about my "freedom" to start a business with some kind of health insurance if I have a pre-existing condition? What about my "freedom" to not pay MUCH higher medical costs in general to COVER the services provided those who can't get coverage?

I wonder how many people who shout about their "freedoms" like trained seals have actually spent a few precious moments to actually think this through. I'm not a fan of Obamacare for the most part either, but this two-dimensional thinking and sloganeering is getting old.

Your "freedoms" don't trump mine.

Indeed, Obamacare is massive, bloated fucking mess, but the system the Right is so eager to continue is also a disaster. Neither side of this argument has anything to brag about.

We needed Obamacare to stop that problem? I seriously doubt, if what you describe actually exists to that extent, Obamacare is going to stop it. Matter of fact it might make it worse. But maybe I am being pessimistic. Look how well medicaid and medicare run and fund themselves, I doubt there will be major problems funding Obamacare. Not as long as we hold a Chinese credit card.

How will Obamacare improve emergency rooms? For example, I have had to take my wife to the ER a couple of times in the last few months because she has gotten sick when the doctor is not open. When we went to the easycare place they told us to go to the ER. Going to either place is not a free ride for me. The Easycare place will charge me 100 dollars as does the ER. Now it could alliviate the ER crowding because access to doctors are made available. But in my experience getting a doctor's office appointment doesn't happen very fast. So what is a person to do who is sick NOW? Either go to the ER or talks to a Physician Assistant over the phone or easycare places and hope they can diagnose the problem. Personally for me I have no problem with our healthcare the way it is today but I am lucky and don't get sick. The treatment my wife has recieved I would grade as good.

The GOP has done a shitty job of offering a clear alternative that covers most people.

Right now it's too easy for the Dems to say "they want you to be on your own."

The GOP had their chance, oh well.

I think putting everyone to work is the most logical of alternatives.

Yep. Jobs, jobs, jobs. But, the GOP represents the business class and both understand that high unemployment makes it much easier to cut wages and benefits. It's no surprise the GOP never solved the illegal immigration problem when they controlled the White House, The Congress and had five fairly certain votes on the Supreme Court - cheap labor benefits the few and not the many.

How will Obamacare improve emergency rooms? For example, I have had to take my wife to the ER a couple of times in the last few months because she has gotten sick when the doctor is not open. When we went to the easycare place they told us to go to the ER. Going to either place is not a free ride for me. The Easycare place will charge me 100 dollars as does the ER. Now it could alliviate the ER crowding because access to doctors are made available. But in my experience getting a doctor's office appointment doesn't happen very fast. So what is a person to do who is sick NOW? Either go to the ER or talks to a Physician Assistant over the phone or easycare places and hope they can diagnose the problem. Personally for me I have no problem with our healthcare the way it is today but I am lucky and don't get sick. The treatment my wife has recieved I would grade as good.

The issue is many people use the emergency room because they do not have any medical insurance. ACA provides a means for those who use the ER for non emergency situations.

The problem with the ACA is it threatens the status quo; there is nothing conservatives fear more than change. The dumber members of the echo chamber will shout TAXES from now until November, no pair of glasses has yet been invented to cure intellectual myopia.

There is no mystery behind McConnell's promise to repeal ACA; McConnell's goal that the elected POTUS fail is well known and McConnell hopes to facilitate such an outcome no matter how many of our citizens suffer. Along with Boehner and Cantor, the three stooges of the GOP, individuals who put themselves and their party ahead of the American citizenry, no essential legislation has passed the Congress since they assumed power in January 2009.

Myriad problems exist in our country today and most of them are the result of putting ideology first. It's time for an honest and pragmatic approach. Is that too much to ask?

The real problem, in my opinion, is that the ACA actually maintains the status quo. The cost of medical is not going to go down because of ACA and the money that the US spends has to increase, there is no alternative. More people, more cost. Maybe it will short term reduce the cost to some people but the overall cost for the "people" will be much greater then it is today. Of course if we are covering more people that could be good if we give up the principle that people are more or less responsible for themselves.

How will Obamacare improve emergency rooms? For example, I have had to take my wife to the ER a couple of times in the last few months because she has gotten sick when the doctor is not open. When we went to the easycare place they told us to go to the ER. Going to either place is not a free ride for me. The Easycare place will charge me 100 dollars as does the ER. Now it could alleviate the ER crowding because access to doctors are made available. But in my experience getting a doctor's office appointment doesn't happen very fast. So what is a person to do who is sick NOW? Either go to the ER or talks to a Physician Assistant over the phone or easycare places and hope they can diagnose the problem. Personally for me I have no problem with our healthcare the way it is today but I am lucky and don't get sick. The treatment my wife has received I would grade as good.

The issue is many people use the emergency room because they do not have any medical insurance. ACA provides a means for those who use the ER for non emergency situations.

I think that is wrong but that is OK to disagree. I think people will still be using the ER because it is easy and hospitals WANT people to use the ER. It is a big money maker.

BTW, the effect this has already had on me is that my company, which is fairly large, has told its non-union employees that in 2014 we are on our own. We will have to buy healtcare coverage on Obamacare exchanges. So for ME Obamacare is a big net loss. I am thinking that is why those on the 53 percent side of paying taxes don't see Obamacare as much of an improvement. Maybe that is being selfish but I think everyone measures things in how it effects them.

Last edited:

The real problem, in my opinion, is that the ACA actually maintains the status quo. The cost of medical is not going to go down because of ACA and the money that the US spends has to increase, there is no alternative. More people, more cost. Maybe it will short term reduce the cost to some people but the overall cost for the "people" will be much greater then it is today. Of course if we are covering more people that could be good if we give up the principle that people are more or less responsible for themselves.

No one knows if the costs to provide actual medical care will go up or down. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Many serious medical conditions diagnosed early can be treated successfully and at less cost - both in terms of dollars spent and human misery.

No one knows if the costs to provide actual medical care will go up or down. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Many serious medical conditions diagnosed early can be treated successfully and at less cost - both in terms of dollars spent and human misery.
So we'll test 100% (or close to it) of the people for serious medical conditions, to screen out the scant few percent who may have said nondescript maladies ?

Yeah...That'll save heaps of dough! :rolleyes:

images

Forum List

Back