McChrystal: Whistle Blower Hero Or Insubordinate? What Say You?

Dante hasn't payed attention.

no, Dante looked at the nuances of your generalization and caught you parading around your ignorance.

Always with the nuances with you Statists isn't it?

Votes while he was in the US Senate:

9/20/07: Obama did not bother to vote on a Senate amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act which condemned a Move-on ad referring to General Petreaus as "General Betray us." The amendment was adopted by a vote of 72 to 25 with more than half of the Democrats (including Clinton) opposing the amendment. Roll Call 344

SOURCE<A Nice Record Of Obama's "Votes"...Bookmark this Folks...

SOURCE<The Senate Record

Obama however chose to speak with Patreus about the Surge Strategy during his Confimation in the SEnate that made him USCENTCOM Commander...And Obama was later forced to admit that the surge in Iraq worked...

So you can look for nuances all you like...but learn to deal with facts...Nuances are crap...as are your posts.

You could fight an effective war if you asked for troops and got half as many 3 months late, were told not to go where any fighting might be?

Neither Obama nor Bush know how to fight a war.

Churchill knew. They have to kill everyone. And it sucks but that's what war is and you can't fight a half assed war.

I do find it pretty distasteful observing all the Hopey Changey butt-sniffers rejoicing in the man's demise. I'm sure if this man had spoke out against a Republican President,these same butt-sniffers would be hailing him as a brave Whistle Blower Hero. These people are very dishonest and shouldn't be trusted on anything.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxmpTMGhU0]YouTube - I Am Sick And Tired - Hillary Clinton[/ame]

Dissent is the highest form of pat...SHUT THE FUCK UP OBAMA IS PRESIDENT!

You could fight an effective war if you asked for troops and got half as many 3 months late, were told not to go where any fighting might be?

Neither Obama nor Bush know how to fight a war.

Churchill knew. They have to kill everyone. And it sucks but that's what war is and you can't fight a half assed war.

This is what happens when National Security goes out of focus, and Politicians take over...

I do find it pretty distasteful observing all the Hopey Changey butt-sniffers rejoicing in the man's demise. I'm sure if this man had spoke out against a Republican President,these same butt-sniffers would be hailing him as a brave Whistle Blower Hero. These people are very dishonest and shouldn't be trusted on anything.

It would have been bad policy under Bush to have left McChrystal in place. Its worse policy now. Allowing the Military to drive the policy is a bad maneuver, and one Obama is already guilty of allowing to happen in Afghanistan. Allowing it to happen again would have been even worse. At least he didn't make the same idiotic mistake twice.

Well, he can't be a whistle blower. Why?

We already knew Obama was an incompetent president in way, way over his head and had no clue how to lead a military or dictate foreign policy.

Now, if we needed him to protest something, sue somebody, or staple some ACORN fliers up, hell yeah Obama is the man for the job!!!!!

McCrystal voted for Obama according to the Rolling Stone article, and not very many in the military voted against McCain. 20% range historically if that.

I'd say McCrystal told the truth, and pretty much mimicked the concern of many of us here. That we have no business in Iraq or Afghanistan, and that our government is a complete clown show stuffed with corrupt characters.

And our good men and women in the military are at risk because of our clown government.

McCrystal voted for Obama according to the Rolling Stone article, and not very many in the military voted against McCain. 20% range historically if that.

I'd say McCrystal told the truth, and pretty much mimicked the concern of many of us here. That we have no business in Iraq or Afghanistan, and that our government is a complete clown show stuffed with corrupt characters.

And our good men and women in the military are at risk because of our clown government.

There are people who say they voted for this person or that just to place an exclamation point behind their partisan ramblings. I don't believe he voted for Obama, he's simply lying about that.

Look, if McChrystal wasn't acting like a bufoon, he would still be in A'stan.. Obama did nothing wrong here, it was all McChrystal..

The EXPOSED MONUMENTAL FRAUD, i.e. The Black Racist MARXIST Palestinian Guardian and Muslim PC Protector Obami Salaami is a TOTALLY INCOMPETENT Political Charlatan.

Gen McChrystal has a record that is, until this incident in question, as perfect a record as one could possibly have.

Consider the abovementioned paragraphs.

Clearly, in spite of an overall traditionally correct Military Doctrine, one should CONSIDER an option without, IN THIS CASE, blindly and unquestionally, following the given Doctrine.

Let's suppose that instead of Obami Salaami, the EXPOSED MONUMENTAL FRAUD, we had a deranged ruler (like England's King George III ) who CONTINUED to rule even though he had porphyria. Would the Nation's interests be better served by a whackjob rather than a brilliant general with the present scenario's faux pas ?

IMO, The EXPOSED MONUMENTAL FRAUD, i.e. the Black Racist MARXIST Palestinian Guardian and Muslim PC Protector Obami Salaami BECAUSE OF HIS OBVIOUS ACTIONS AND CASTASTROPHIC
AGENDA is equivalent to a WHACKJOB.

Not a MENTALLY DERANGED WHACKJOB ........ but a POLITICALLY DERANGED WHACKJOB.

To me, CLEARLY, the VERY important traditional Military Doctrine should be set aside in favour of the Nation's need for the services of the BRILLIANT General McChrystal. However, The MONUMENTAL FRAUD Obami Salaami got lucky: The Obamarrhoidal General Betrayus is NOW Obama's SAVIOUR...General Petraeus

Last edited:
Of course you would... and you'd be 180 degrees out of phase with reality... yet again. Unless of course you have something that demonstrates that BP has caused 40+ million to remain unemployed?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

OK, please show me what Obama did specifically to cause 40 MILLION + people to remain unemployed?

Why dont you tell me what BP did to cause many to be unemployed? And dont say "let their rig blow up".

Actually, Obama is the one who took that accident and created a substantial amount of people to become unemployed with his off shore moratorium.

And I am curious...what was the reason for the moratorium?

And now we have testimony that the blowout preventors do not work 40% of the time. Yet you wish to continue drilling with equipement like that?

OK, please show me what Obama did specifically to cause 40 MILLION + people to remain unemployed?

Why dont you tell me what BP did to cause many to be unemployed? And dont say "let their rig blow up".

Actually, Obama is the one who took that accident and created a substantial amount of people to become unemployed with his off shore moratorium.

And I am curious...what was the reason for the moratorium?

And now we have testimony that the blowout preventors do not work 40% of the time. Yet you wish to continue drilling with equipement like that?

Sorry folks.......BUT YOU ARE OFF-TOPIC !!!!

bullshit. I never have applauded any active duty military professional who spoke out publicly against his or her chain of command. never.

in answer to your original question, he was insubordinate. period. If he had an issue with Obama's direction, he knew what avenue he needed to use to address those concerns. He made a major error in judgment by choosing to ignore that avenue. That's why Obama canned him.

Whistle Blower Hero Or Insubordinate?

Before the Space Shuttle Columbia reentered the atmosphere, engineers asked to check the shuttle for damage. Their requests were denied. The shuttle broke up on reentry. Complaints were ignored. Even after shuttle wreckage was being collected NASA still denied that the ice could have damaged the shuttle. Later it was found out that there was a fear if the shuttle was damaged that it would cause a delay in the space station construction. Before the disaster, the engineers were considered insubordinate. After the disaster, they were considered whistle blowers.

McChrystal is a soldier&#8217;s soldier. He eats once a day, runs 5 miles every morning, and has an outstanding record. This soldier at one time was responsible for all covert operations in the region. This soldier is a very intelligent and wise individual.

The Rolling Stone article, which as of today is not even on the newsstands as of the date I am posting, is insubordinate; however, in my opinion is more Obama&#8217;s fault than anyone. Before judging me, please read.

President Obama has created a culture of closed mindedness in his administration. He is always right and everyone else is wrong. His agenda has to be done his way or else. Put yourself in McCrystal&#8217;s work environment. Could you work for President Obama? Could you do what the President told you to do even if you did not totally agree with him? Could you spend a weekend with the Vice President? Talk about someone who should not be next to a reporter. What if you had a good idea that would save money or even lives and the President would not listen to you. You might grow very frustrated.

Was the interview improper? Most likely! Did McCrystal know that there would be blowback? He had to! In my opinion, I think that McCrystal knew exactly what would happen. He knew that he could or would lose his job and it did not matter. Frustration can drive people to do the most unpredictable things. In the end, Obama should have listened and showed interest. McCrystal most likely saw the writing on the walls; he knew that the way the policy was being dictated to him and his soldiers was going to result in failure. As a soldier, I believe that he saw this as his best option. He could expose what is happening, save face by being strong, and return responsibility for Afghanistan to President Obama.

He's neither. He's a proud soldier who was asked to resign for a legitimate reason. End of story.

I still haven't read the article so can't say but I have more respect for him now than when I first heard the news. At first (through my ignorance) I assumed he was just one of those retired generals preparing for a book tour and hyping his product.

Whistleblower. And like most of our military have a very DIM view of Democrats. Ask them.

The military are our people, not some hack Democrat public worker raping our nation.

Forum List

Back