McChrystal: Whistle Blower Hero Or Insubordinate? What Say You?

Why can't he be both an insubordinate AND a whistleblower?

In fact I don't know how one could be a whistleblower and NOT be an insubordinate.

Don't you people actually know what words mean?

No wonder this world is filled with dupes.

Words have meaning.

If you don't know what they mean, you're incapable of thinking through things.

I don't give a flying fuck how much math you have, how much of a science genius you are, if you can't think in words, if you can't think metaphorically and logically using your mother tongue, you are bound to be a DUPE of those who can!

Words are MAGIC, folks.

They empower you to be able to THINK.

Last edited:
Why can't he be both an insubordinate AND a whistleblower?

In fact I don't know how one could be a whistleblower and NOT be an insubordinate.

Don't you people actually know what words mean?

No wonder this world is filled with dupes.

Words have meaning.

If you don't know what they mean, you're incapable of thinking through things.

I don't give a flying fuck how much math you have, how much of a science genius you are, if you can't think in words, if you can't think metaphorically and logically using your mother tongue, you are bound to be a DUPE of those who can!

Words are MAGIC, folks.

They empower you to be able to THINK.

excellent post.

I think that, in this case, many people put shaded connotations on those words....

insubordinate has somewhat of a negative connotation.... you are being unprofessional or inappropriate or disloyal by acting in an insubordinate manner especially in an organization that requires subordinate fealty.

whereas...

whistle blower has something of a positive, almost noble connotation.... you are bravely exposing the faults of an inherently flawed organization and your bravery will somehow benefit mankind by shining the light of truth on the evil hiding in the darkness.

So... either you see Stan as a good guy or a bad guy.... and that tips the scale as to which term fits better, I would imagine.

Forum List

Back