McCarthy summons GOP factions to counter threat of a new conservative rebellion

The Republican Party is a fractured party unable to pass simple legislation
They cant get along with themselves let alone with the other party
Did you hear about the black gal in GA who switched to the GOP?

Even democrats know when too much woke is more than enough

The Republican Party is a fractured party unable to pass simple legislation

They cant get along with themselves let alone with the other party
What the hell is "simple legislation"? Democrats control the other legislative branch and the presidency. The point is that the democrat party is really in disarray but the media pretends that the drooling head of the democrat party is fine and in good mental and physical health. With the cooperation of the mainstream media democrats have such control over party representatives that the slightest breach in loyalty would end their political careers. Hence the reluctance to criticize the president.

Hardline Republicans are stonewalling the defense bill as part of their war on “wokeness." Will the House speaker be able to hold his narrow majority together?

OK, the link I just posted seems to agree with the OP. McCarthy has his work cut out for him if he wants to pass legislation.
I agree with the members who say that the money needs to have strings promoting "readiness" over "wokeness".

I have active duty family members, so I do have a serious interest in promoting readiness.

Of course they're going to put important stuff out there to get people to support it. Instead of focusing on things that actually needs to be cut. They ram both important and unimportant things to get, so it's harder to vote against the unimportant stuff.
All of that unimportant stuff is one reason we're $32 trillion in the hole. Because no one has the balls to vote against bills with retarded stuff in it.

Well, the fiscal conservatives vote against those kind of bills. But there's not enough of them to make much difference. Maybe that's why they're holding things up now, because McCarthy needs every vote he can get.

Good, maybe this will slap some fiscal conservatism into him.

Of course they're going to put important stuff out there to get people to support it. Instead of focusing on things that actually needs to be cut. They ram both important and unimportant things to get, so it's harder to vote against the unimportant stuff.
All of that unimportant stuff is one reason we're $32 trillion in the hole. Because no one has the balls to vote against bills with retarded stuff in it.
Well, the fiscal conservatives vote against those kind of bills. But there's not enough of them to make much difference. Maybe that's why they're holding things up now, because McCarthy needs every vote he can get. Good, maybe this will slap some fiscal conservatism into him.
1. McCarthy realized that only about 11% of the Budget can be cut at all.
“The majority driver of the budget is mandatory spending. It’s Medicare, Social Security, interest on the debt,” he said. “So you only have 11 percent to look at this budget.”

2. You want to cut spending, but don't say what to cut. Please be specific. I'd start with cutting ALL foreign aid, unless there is a return on investment.
Hint: you can only cut non-defense discretionary spending. (why is foreign aid in w/Defense???)
2021 Federal Budget
Outlays $4.88T
Receipts $3.86T
Deficit $1.02T

Discretionary Spending
Defense $753b
Non-defense $733b
Total $1.49T

Mandatory Spending
Social Security $1,115b
Medicare 746b
Medicaid 452b
Other 660b
Interest on Debt 379b
Total $3.39T

1689246398300.png

To get out of the fiscal mess we're in because the government stole the SS surplus, we need to raise taxes. My solution to get back to a surplus is:
1. Add a 4% Federal sales tax for 10-years. After 10-years it must be passed or it dies. (gains ~$1T a year)
2. Add a 0.5% transaction tax on all financial transactions for stocks, bonds, and derivatives, etc. (gains a lot)
3. Add a 1% Remittance Tax on all money transferred out of the US. (Gains ~$150b /yr)

Last edited:
You can't believe anything on Politico.....
How convenient for you to pick and choose the reality you accept while rejecting that which conflicts with your beliefs. The process goes like this. Politico writes an article highlighting the batshyte Crazy extremism of the Freedom Caucus. You don't like this particular bit of truth so you simply refuse to believe it. Rinse and repeat for anything you read that you don't want to hear about from any source.

1. McCarthy realized that only about 11% of the Budget can be cut at all.
“The majority driver of the budget is mandatory spending. It’s Medicare, Social Security, interest on the debt,” he said. “So you only have 11 percent to look at this budget.”

2. You want to cut spending, but don't say what to cut. Please be specific. I'd start with cutting ALL foreign aid, unless there is a return on investment.
Hint: you can only cut non-defense discretionary spending. (why is foreign aid in w/Defense???)
2021 Federal Budget
Outlays $4.88T
Receipts $3.86T
Deficit $1.02T

Discretionary Spending
Defense $753b
Non-defense $733b
Total $1.49T

Mandatory Spending
Social Security $1,115b
Medicare 746b
Medicaid 452b
Other 660b
Interest on Debt 379b
Total $3.39T

View attachment 804071

To get out of the fiscal mess we're in because the government stole the SS surplus, we need to raise taxes. My solution to get back to a surplus is:
1. Add a 4% Federal sales tax for 10-years. After 10-years it must be passed or it dies. (gains ~$1T a year)
2. Add a 0.5% transaction tax on all financial transactions for stocks, bonds, and derivatives, etc. (gains a lot)
3. Add a 1% Remittance Tax on all money transferred out of the US. (Gains ~$150b /yr)

What to cut......... A TON of things.

100% of the crap spending. Like gender studies, DEI spending, etc etc etc. You know, crap that's put into bills that don't affect 90% of Americans. Things most Americans don't need or even care about.
Start with that, then line by line cuts to everything else.

Or government is bloated with too many people. I'm sure every single government agency has 10% too many people. One of the biggest reasons the debt is too high right now, is all those retarded things they've been spending on since at least Reagan.

There's like 15 Departments. And within those, there's hundreds of other things like "The Department of Aging, The department of Quarry.

100% of the crap spending. Like gender studies, DEI spending, etc etc etc. You know, crap that's put into bills that don't affect 90% of Americans. Things most Americans don't need or even care about. Start with that, then line by line cuts to everything else.
Or government is bloated with too many people. I'm sure every single government agency has 10% too many people. One of the biggest reasons the debt is too high right now, is all those retarded things they've been spending on since at least Reagan.
There's like 15 Departments. And within those, there's hundreds of other things like "The Department of Aging, The department of Quarry.
I agree that there is a lot of waste and duplication in the Federal government. The democrats protect their union turf at all costs, so its not as easy to cut things as you might think. That said:
1. I would have another Grace Commission to streamline government and save $billions, like the one in 1982, but this time follow their recommendations. I'm amazed that government NEVER gets studied to save money??????????????

2. The Department of Defense just had an audit and failed miserably. They can't find more than half the equipment they paid for???

3. Even if you fix the Federal government to eliminate "waste fraud and abuse" that is NOT a big dollar amount, say $50b-100b when the budget deficit is ~$2T. There is a massive budget deficit since they stole the SS surplus that needs to be covered by new taxes. They better get busy before the interest on the Debt consumes the Budget.

4. To get out of the fiscal mess we're in because the government stole the SS surplus, we need to raise taxes. My solution to get back to a surplus is:

This Trump backed liberal Republican needs to be unseated. I'm sick of these liberal Republicans. They're getting as bad as the democrats.

Can you help me understand what a liberal republican looks like?

These terms are somewhat nebulous and I am not that good at keeping track.

What has he done to gain your ire?

100% of the crap spending. Like gender studies, DEI spending, etc etc etc. You know, crap that's put into bills that don't affect 90% of Americans. Things most Americans don't need or even care about.
Start with that, then line by line cuts to everything else.

Not to say wasteful spending, if identified, should be ignored. But the items you mentioned are really just things Repubs like to whine about. Not things that are going to move the needle on the deficit.

Can you help me understand what a liberal republican looks like?

These terms are somewhat nebulous and I am not that good at keeping track.

What has he done to gain your ire?
Most Repubs from 40+ years ago would be considered liberal by today's standard. Of course that was before the party began to radicalize in response to the advent of right wing talk radio and Faux. Reagan's repeal of the Fairness Doctrine being one of the more damaging policy decisions he made for the country and for civil discourse.

This Trump backed liberal Republican needs to be unseated. I'm sick of these liberal Republicans. They're getting as bad as the democrats.

McCarthy summons GOP factions to counter threat of a new conservative rebellion

But several hard-right Republicans left the speaker’s meeting less than satisfied, with several must-pass bills hanging in the balance.

Speaker Kevin McCarthy is working furiously to prevent another House floor takeover by his hardest-right conservatives as the GOP prepares to tackle some of the year’s biggest bills.

With the House back for a final stretch before its August recess, McCarthy on Tuesday afternoon summoned a group of leaders from multiple corners of his conference to shape a strategy for staving off further right-wing revolts — which his team can’t afford this summer. Underscoring the urgency of their task, the group of GOP lawmakers met in the shadow of what could become a new right-flank rebellion over the rule for debating a must-pass Pentagon policy bill.

“The speaker has called these meetings...........
:popcorn:

Most Repubs from 40+ years ago would be considered liberal by today's standard. Of course that was before the party began to radicalize in response to the advent of right wing talk radio and Faux. Reagan's repeal of the Fairness Doctrine being one of the more damaging policy decisions he made for the country and for civil discourse.

Thank you for the response.

Can you give me your thoughts on what some of the characteristics were of the republicans from 40 years ago.

I'd also be interested to know what consider to be the key components of the current "radicallized" gop.

Forum List

Back