McCain Was NO War Hero; He Collaborated with the VietCong

Contumacious

Radical Freedom
Aug 16, 2009
Adjuntas, PR , USA
In the fall of 1967, Navy pilot John McCain was routinely bombing Hanoi from an aircraft carrier in the South China Sea. On October 26, he was trying to level a power plant in a heavily populated area when a surface-to-air missile knocked a wing off his jet. Banged-up John McCain and what was left of plane splashed into Truc Bach Lake.

A compassionate Vietnamese civilian left his air raid shelter and swam out to McCain. McCain’s arm and leg were fractured and he was tangled up in his parachute underwater. He was drowning. The Vietnamese man saved McCain’s sorry ass, and yet McCain has nothing but hatred for “the gooks” who allegedly tortured him. As he told reporters on his campaign bus (The Straight Talk Express) in 2000, “I will hate them as long as I live.” (1)

In any event, the man who rescued McCain tried to ward off an angry mob, which stomped on McCain for a while until the local cops turned him over to the military. McCain was in pain, but suffering no mortal wounds. He was, however, in enough pain to break down and start collaborating with the Vietnamese after three days in a hospital receiving treatment from qualified doctors – something no other POW ever enjoyed.

The above facts were confirmed by Sidney Schanberg’s massively documented expose about McCain’s role in the POW/MIA cover up, a vastly greater scandal.

Obabble is collaborating with Iran as you post your drivel. I'd be more concerned with that.

In late September 2008 another fascinating story appeared in my morning New York Times. An intrepid reporter decided to visit Vietnam and see what McCain’s former jailers thought of the possibility that their onetime captive might soon reach the White House, that the man they had spent years brutally torturing could become the next president of the United States. To the journalist’s apparent amazement, the former jailers seemed enthusiastic about the prospects of a McCain victory, saying that they hoped he would win since they had become such good friends during the war and had worked so closely together; if they lived in America, they would certainly all vote for him. When asked about McCain’s claims of “cruel and sadistic” torture, the head of the guard unit dismissed those stories as being just the sort of total nonsense that politicians, whether in America or in Vietnam, must often spout in order to win popularity. A BBC correspondent reported the same statements.

In early September 2008, someone discovered archival footage from a Swedish news crew which had filmed the return of the POWs, and uploaded it to YouTube. We see a healthy-looking John McCain walking off the plane from Vietnam, having a noticeable limp but certainly without any need of crutches. After returning home he had eventually entered Bethesda Naval Hospital for corrective surgery on some of his wartime injuries, and that recent American surgery was what explained his crutches in the photo with Nixon.

According to retired Army Colonel Earl Hopper, McCain divulged classified information North Vietnam used to hone their air defense system, including “the package routes, which were routes used to bomb North Vietnam. He gave in detail the altitude they were flying, the direction, if they made a turn … he gave them what primary targets the United States was interested in.” As result, Hopper claims, the U.S. lost 60 per cent more aircraft, and in 1968 “called off the bombing of North Vietnam, because of the information McCain had given to them.”

The Phoenix Times

* McCain accepted special favors.

For proof, the Hoppers offer the U.S. News article and interviews McCain granted the French, Spanish and Vietnamese.
"The other POWs did not get the medical treatment that McCain got," Earl says. "Shortly after he was shot down, as you know, he was in a military hospital that was reserved for North Vietnamese officers. Clean sheets, nice soft bed, cast on his arm.
"Other POWs who came into the system like that had to endure broken bones sitting or lying in a cell. Many of them had broken backs, had no treatment whatsoever. If they gave them any treatment, it would be an aspirin."

* McCain was never tortured.

Patty: "There are a lot of little nuances, dealing with John McCain. He claims that he was tortured . . . or he implies it. That's a lie."
The Hoppers have located two former POWs who claim they were senior ranking officers at the time McCain says he was tortured in solitary confinement. Ted Guy and Gordon "Swede" Larson both tell New Times that while they could not guarantee that McCain was not physically harmed, they doubted it.
"Between the two of us, it's our belief, and to the best of our knowledge, that no prisoner was beaten or harmed physically in that camp [known as "The Plantation"]," Larson says. ". . . My only contention with the McCain deal is that while he was at The Plantation, to the best of my knowledge and Ted's knowledge, he was not physically abused in any way. No one was in that camp. It was the camp that people were released from."

A hero is someone who accomplishes brave deeds. Not every one in the military is a hero. Not every citizen is a hero. Not everyone who dies is a hero. We throw the word around like we do hater, which now through over use means anyone that disagrees with you.

A hero is someone who accomplishes brave deeds. Not every one in the military is a hero. Not every citizen is a hero. Not everyone who dies is a hero. We throw the word around like we do hater, which now through over use means anyone that disagrees with you.

IS SINGING LIKE A CANARY TO CHARLIE CONSIDERED HEROIC?

Anyone who who is imprisoned, spat on, mistreated and tortured deserves our respect.
I don't know how Ivana Trump held on so long.

Nope. And neither is dying while in the military. I listened to a grieving mom of one of the Marines that was gunned down, and she kept calling him a hero. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time does not a hero make. If he shielded others at the expense of his life, then that is a heroic deed. There is nothing heroic in being captured. Bergdahl would be considered a hero if that is the criteria.

In the fall of 1967, Navy pilot John McCain was routinely bombing Hanoi from an aircraft carrier in the South China Sea. On October 26, he was trying to level a power plant in a heavily populated area when a surface-to-air missile knocked a wing off his jet. Banged-up John McCain and what was left of plane splashed into Truc Bach Lake.

A compassionate Vietnamese civilian left his air raid shelter and swam out to McCain. McCain’s arm and leg were fractured and he was tangled up in his parachute underwater. He was drowning. The Vietnamese man saved McCain’s sorry ass, and yet McCain has nothing but hatred for “the gooks” who allegedly tortured him. As he told reporters on his campaign bus (The Straight Talk Express) in 2000, “I will hate them as long as I live.” (1)

In any event, the man who rescued McCain tried to ward off an angry mob, which stomped on McCain for a while until the local cops turned him over to the military. McCain was in pain, but suffering no mortal wounds. He was, however, in enough pain to break down and start collaborating with the Vietnamese after three days in a hospital receiving treatment from qualified doctors – something no other POW ever enjoyed.

The above facts were confirmed by Sidney Schanberg’s massively documented expose about McCain’s role in the POW/MIA cover up, a vastly greater scandal.
You are a chickenshit liar. End of story.

I could get you to crack under interrogation in about two minutes or less.

I hate to burst your bubble:

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/heroes-john-mccain-on-vietnam/
McCain’s 1997 interview with Mike Wallace 60 Minutes

I despise McCain, but he did not collaborate. He was a tortured POW. Ya have to respect the man for his service. So it was a low blow by Trump. But i understand why he attacked. McCain started the war of words. Trump just decided to deliver the beat-down on em. All's fair in love & war. It is what it is.

I hate to burst your bubble:

McCain’s 1997 interview with Mike Wallace 60 Minutes

Here's the thing stupid fuck: There were no POWs who didn't crack under torture. Anyone who says they didn't is simply lying.

Anyone who who is imprisoned, spat on, mistreated and tortured deserves our respect.
I don't know how Ivana Trump held on so long.

Really?

Hummmmmmmmm

Do that includes Khalid Sheikh Mohammed?

220px-Khalid_Shaikh_Mohammed_after_capture.jpg

McCain isn't a hero. He's a guy who survived being a POW in Vietnam like countless others.

McCain used his "hero" status to launch his way into Congress where he's been for to damned long.

Nope. A hero John McCain ain't.

Forum List

Back