McCain States that:

Couldn't higher healthcare costs be associated with new technological advances in medicine rather than some pseudo explaination? Candian patients are less likely to receive the benefits of new technological advances in medicine than are American patients.

No, because the study, among other areas, was about the amount of money spent by the US and Canadian governments per person.

It had nothing to do with technological advancements. R&D is a separate category all together.

Ok, I'll entertain the notion that perhaps I misunderstood your position.

My understanding was that you were claiming that it was a FACT that access to free pre-care was the reason for observed differences in health related issues.

Go on record right now to the contrary and I'll gladly concede.

My post is as clear as it can be. I do not need to re-write or re-word it.

No, because the study, among other areas, was about the amount of money spent by the US and Canadian governments per person.

It had nothing to do with technological advancements. R&D is a separate category all together.

So you don't think costs associated with R&D are passed down to medical treatments....:rofl:

My post is as clear as it can be. I do not need to re-write or re-word it.

Fine, be a coward.

But I'm still going to help you out.

Wrong again. It's because Canadians have access to "free" pre-care, so they do not develop preventable diseases at the rate Americans do. That saves billions in drugs and treatments that would have otherwise severely impacted the Canadian health budget.

This was your post that I attacked as speculation and not factual. You repeatedly insisted that it was a fact.

Now run away with your tail between your legs like a good little coward.

Fine, be a coward.

Now run away with your tail between your legs like a good little coward.

The tactics and weapons of desperation - name calling and insults.

It's a sure fire way to separate the civil and composed, from the silly and divisive.

I apologize for losing my temper and calling you bad names.

So no name calling, no attacks, just a simple question. Does this post of yours contain any "facts?" If so, could you please point them out?

Wrong again. It's because Canadians have access to "free" pre-care, so they do not develop preventable diseases at the rate Americans do. That saves billions in drugs and treatments that would have otherwise severely impacted the Canadian health budget.

OK, let's see. I found one fact. That Canadians have access to free pre-care. No argument here.

The effects of this free pre-care access (lower rates of diseases and billions in savings), now that's the bit that just doesn't qualify as factual. :eusa_whistle:

Please explain what that topic, has to do with this one?

This is not speculation. My facts come from a prestigious study authored by the leading academics in the Health policy field. The study is found in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Link? That should help in this 'debate.'

Candians have longer wait times and don't benefit alot of times from the latest in technology. Yes Candians enjoy a longer lifespan but is it due to access to healthcare or lifestyle choices? I'm betting on lifestyle choices.

America is home to the most obese people in the world. According to the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention), obesity in adults has increased by 60% within the past twenty years and obesity in children has tripled in the past thirty years. A staggering 33% of American adults are obese and obesity-related deaths have climbed to more than 300,000 a year, second only to tobacco-related deaths.
http://www.downtoearth.org/articles/obesity_america.htm

It's because the fat lazy fucks having kids (who have no business even HAVING kids), sit on their asses througout the entire childhood of their kids while they hit McDonalds and cook tater tots in the microwave to feed their kids, instead of actually GIVING a fuck about their health.

This country has already BEEN invaded by an outside aggressor, and it's name is LAZINESS. We're fucked as a population. The citizenry of the U.S. is saturated with fat ass lazy fucks who will eventually be the downfall of our civilization.

/rant OFF

The fattening food is the cheapest, and when you don't have any money, that's what you eat.

And people aren't motivated to be go-getters when everywhere they turn, they hear that they have the "right" to behave in an irresponsible way, and the government has the obligation to take care of them.

Add that to the fact that being dirt poor is depressing, you get treated like shit when you walk out the door, and all your choices are essentially bad choices (like choosing between paying the rent, or paying the electric bill. Not fun.) you lose the ability to really plan for the future.

I heard something at a DV group once that made a lot of sense to me...."Accountablity is power." Make people accountable for their decisions, stop justifying their bad choices and you'll see people climbing out of the gutter.

It's because the fat lazy fucks having kids (who have no business even HAVING kids), sit on their asses througout the entire childhood of their kids while they hit McDonalds and cook tater tots in the microwave to feed their kids, instead of actually GIVING a fuck about their health.

This country has already BEEN invaded by an outside aggressor, and it's name is LAZINESS. We're fucked as a population. The citizenry of the U.S. is saturated with fat ass lazy fucks who will eventually be the downfall of our civilization.

/rant OFF

I concur....:rofl:

[QUOTEAnd you wonder why people dismiss you as a partisan loon.][/QUOTE]

Right, I worked in Healthcare for fourteen years and I am a loon. Please show me your stats that contradict what I posted on the US being 37 in quality healthcare.

It is amazing. If anyone on the left dares to point out a flaw in our system, they are loons and traitors. I guess some people here have the ostrich as their role model.

The argument that because we already have the best healthcare in the world, we should not consider any form of universal health care is bogus.

Screw the partisan remarks. We have the capability to create a better healthcare system. If you don't want that, fine. I do.

A recent study has established a clear link between poor quality and patient outcomes. Colleagues from RAND and the UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine developed a method similar to ours to evaluate the quality of care delivered to vulnerable elderly persons. They found that, after three years, 28 percent of those who had received an average of 44 percent of recommended care had died, compared with 18 percent of patients who had received on average about 62 percent of recommended care.[3]

What’s Needed to Improve Care?
This study provides the best estimates ever available about the quality of health care in the United States. The study reveals substantial gaps between what clinicians know works and the care actually provided. These deficits persist despite initiatives by both the federal government and private health care delivery systems to improve care.

Our study is not the first to identify poor-quality care. Studies stretching back over more than four decades have documented similar levels of poor performance. However, most people still do not believe that there is a quality problem. Many think that the care delivered by their doctor or in their community is better than the care delivered in the nation as a whole. Our study shows that everyone is at risk of receiving poor care, no matter what their condition, where they live, from whom they seek care, or what their gender, race, or financial status is.

http://www.rand.org/pubs/research_briefs/RB9053-2/index1.html

The argument that because we already have the best healthcare in the world, we should not consider any form of universal health care is bogus.

Screw the partisan remarks. We have the capability to create a better healthcare system. If you don't want that, fine. I do.

http://www.rand.org/pubs/research_briefs/RB9053-2/index1.html

No I am saying that the US numbers would be even worse if we had to wait for healthcare, which is common of a universal healthcare system. Also if the US didn't receive start of the art medicine our nation's lifespan would drop through the floor.

Still waiting and still willing to see what it says...

I figured the posters in this message board would show initiative and exercise what pathetic research skills they thought the good Lord equipped them with.

I dropped enough keywords like Canada, U.S., health care and New England Journal of Medicine for all posters.

Instead they chose to sulk,wait and have someone do it for them.

Well, I'm not going to do your homework for you.

I figured the posters in this message board would show initiative and exercise what pathetic research skills they thought the good Lord equipped them with.

I dropped enough keywords like Canada, U.S., health care and New England Journal of Medicine for all posters.

The 'ole' I'm not doing the research for them claim...when I make the claim in the first place....

Uh huh, bye to you.

Nobody is asking you to. At least I'm not. I'm encouraging you to do some for yourself. Namely, to first go read and understand that correlation doesn't factually prove causation. And then to do whatever it takes to understand that if you are going to hold others to some ridiculous standard of only presenting evidence for which they were an eye-witness to the fact, then you should at least hold yourself to the same standard of ridiculousness...lest you be branded a hypocrite and your opinions immediately dismissed per standard operating procedure.

Forum List

Back