mccain pulls out of MI

I didn't either. I suspect it means his money is drying up. That could change after tonight if Palin does ok. So I'm not sure it's a death knell there. It doesn't look good, though.

There is very little chance of Palin doing well enough to raise McCain any substancial amount of money. Heck, there is little chance that she will even do well.

I'm frankly not surprised , especially in MI. John McCain didnt have a hope in hell of winning MI. I also think, he did this to concentrate on the red states he is having trouble holding onto that Bush carried in 04. So in one repect jillian is right it is a money thing. I honestly don't think it matters much though, John McCain gave this one away yesterday when he put his yes vote on the "bailout" bill.

:clap2: Would you take over an economy that is going to collapse? Let's pray :eusa_pray: that Obama won't be the next Hoover.
Yeah, if I planned on being president. I guess it's a good thing he's giving up if he thinks he's not up for the task. Amen to that, he might be, but his sidekick would be a disaster if he kicked the bucket.

:clap2: Would you take over an economy that is going to collapse? Let's pray :eusa_pray: that Obama won't be the next Hoover.

Bush is the next Hoover. 2 worst presidents in American history.

Remember you guys used to say, "well he isn't worse than Carter". Think again dumb bitches.

I'm frankly not surprised , especially in MI. John McCain didnt have a hope in hell of winning MI. I also think, he did this to concentrate on the red states he is having trouble holding onto that Bush carried in 04. So in one repect jillian is right it is a money thing. I honestly don't think it matters much though, John McCain gave this one away yesterday when he put his yes vote on the "bailout" bill.

The McCain of 2000 would have won Michigan. But we don't even know who this McCain is. This McCain clearly sold out.

The McCain of 2000 would have won Michigan. But we don't even know who this McCain is. This McCain clearly sold out.

Has it escaped anyones notice that yesterday he voted for a 850 Billion dollar spending bill? The same guy that said he was completely against Earmarks was giving 16M to rum makers in a bailout bill? I believe your right on that one though MI. is hurting from a loss of Mfg. Base. and the McCain 2000 would have held a lot more appeal. However, I will say this, the democrats year after year elected in that state have not done too good a job for MI. you would think on a local basis they would at least start voting for some new people there too.

Has it escaped anyones notice that yesterday he voted for a 850 Billion dollar spending bill? The same guy that said he was completely against Earmarks was giving 16M to rum makers in a bailout bill? I believe your right on that one though MI. is hurting from a loss of Mfg. Base. and the McCain 2000 would have held a lot more appeal. However, I will say this, the democrats year after year elected in that state have not done too good a job for MI. you would think on a local basis they would at least start voting for some new people there too.
I think he had no choice but to vote for that bill. Though I'm not sure how much good it will do, listening to the radio and hearing all the world wide doom and gloom with the credit markets.

Obama might be the next FDR instead.... Bush is Hoover....

and I said a few days ago that I think McCain is intentionally trying to lose this election and this just adds more evidence to my theory.

I think he had no choice but to vote for that bill. Though I'm not sure how much good it will do, listening to the radio and hearing all the world wide doom and gloom with the credit markets.

I understand all the doom and gloom on the radio and TV, you do see what the Senate passage has done for the Stock Market today don't you? At this moment down 400. If McCain has been true to his convictions he would have voted NO on this. I do think this pull out of MI. is partly a money thing too, when he has 84 million to spend and Obama is spending 39 million in one state alone Fl. He has to fight just to hold onto the states Bush held, and I do think, that his vote yesterday seperated him from quite a few Republicans.

I understand all the doom and gloom on the radio and TV, you do see what the Senate passage has done for the Stock Market today don't you? At this moment down 400. If McCain has been true to his convictions he would have voted NO on this. I do think this pull out of MI. is partly a money thing too, when he has 84 million to spend and Obama is spending 39 million in one state alone Fl. He has to fight just to hold onto the states Bush held, and I do think, that his vote yesterday seperated him from quite a few Republicans.
Well, Martinez in FL also voted for this bill...

McCain would have won Michigan had he picked Romney too. Idiot.

Stabinow, Levin & Granholm are doing everything they can in light of the fact that the Federal Republicans have given tax breaks to companies for leaving the United States. I'd like to see how you would handle that.

So Granholm at least cut spending and it attracting movies and green jobs. Plus we are seeing as the Big 3 goes, so does the National Economy, so the Democratic Congress just gave the Big 3 billions to help them. That's something Bush refused to do.

He met with the exec's of the Big 3 one time right after the 04 election. He didn't do shit for them. If you think the Big 3 can complete on an uneven playing field, think again.

So we here in Michigan know what is going on. The Dems aren't killing manufacturing and unions, the GOP are.

PS. The two state houses were controlled by Republicans. The Dems took control of one of those houses in 2004 or 2006, i forgot. But we still have to deal with Republicans, who pull the same shit that the Federal Republcans pull. I went to high school with one of them. His name is Craig Derouche. He was the speaker of the house when the GOP controlled that particular house but now he's the minority leader. And I hope he stays in the minority. Nice guy, I just don't agree with him. Actually, he may be one of those "good" Conservatives. He sent a pamphlet to my home once and everything on it made sense to me. Hopefully he isn't all talk like the Federal Republicans.

Seriously, everything they say they are about, they did NONE of those things while in office. I remember Bush Sr. didn't keep one campaign promise. And this Bush is the biggest hypocrite. In my mind, he is a criminal and he and Chaney should be in jail.

Well, Martinez in FL also voted for this bill...

Well at least the folks in Fl. were lucky enough to have one Senator that voted no. I'm pretty sure Bill Nelson voted No. Our Senators Kyl and McCain both voted yes, and I was watching the news last night here and ASU conducted a Poll on the rescue plan and over 81% of people here in Arizona don't support it. So much for listening to the people that you represent.

Obama might be the next FDR instead.... Bush is Hoover....

and I said a few days ago that I think McCain is intentionally trying to lose this election and this just adds more evidence to my theory.

Did you see this? I got this from a conservative who sends me emails.

Opposition to the $700 billion Wall Street bailout is the conservatives’ path toward winning control of Congress in the 2010 elections, Richard A. Viguerie, Chairman of ConservativeHQ.com, said.

“Conservatives will challenge, in primaries and general elections, both Republicans and Democrats who vote for the bailout. In the next election, you will see the election of a new generation of principled conservative leaders – a change that will remake Congress,” he said.

You can read the complete release and express your views online at

Richard Viguerie's Conservative HQ | show

Forum List

Back