Virginia Teachers Union Sparks Outrage With 'Obama Blue Day'

Discussion in 'Congress' started by KMAN, Oct 2, 2008.

1. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
  2. user_name_guest

user_name_guest Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43
    The Dems are following a formula that has worked in the Middle East (teaching JiHad to kids), and was used in other unpopular regimes in the 1930s (Superiority). Education of the children towards an ideology that will cause instability for future years. If we can program computers, we damn well can program a society. Take the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Equality. Then here comes social welfare reforms. Roadblock. Now take African Americans in poverty = 24%. You take the Asian American in poverty = 9%. We hear of the black vote, never of the Asian vote. We vote them in because they make campaign promises. Have we learned to recognize, they say the things that gets them elected, but their actions speak less than their words.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  3. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,103
    One more reason to home school your kids

4. plt42

plt42 A Constitutionalist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    "much ado about nothing"

Will the media never cease!

It ranks right up there with those saying gay teachers are trying to "turn" students!

Only my opinion, of course.

5. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted....Quotes by Vladimir Lenin.

This is a tried and true formula however you need to take into consideration that the teachers union has been a huge supporter of the democratic party for years.

Teachers at Soquel High School have agreed not to wear "Educators for Obama" buttons in the classroom after a parent complained that educators were attempting to politically influence his daughter US NEWS

"You teach some of them” is an observation made in an e-mail to Virginia teachers from union headquarters, urging them to register potential voters and wear blue on ‘Obama Tuesday’… among other strategies.

The Virginia Education Association, of course, denies any wrong-doing.

It is important to start building citizens that follow the democratic process and will vote in the future or now if they are seniors and 18.

I have been playing every second of the Obama convention in all of my history classes. What better way to study history than to witness history?

We have also been doing the get out the Obama vote campaign. My students make signs, phone calls, and wear buttons, talk to parents about the key issues and others. We also held a rally in town.

The kids get really excited and buy into it. What are other teachers doing, make a difference.

This has no place in the classroom, I know its been debated hotly on here but to influence a child to your political beliefs they have a word for that, it's called "indoctrination"

6. user_name_guest

user_name_guest Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43
    These kids will witness history. Take a look at the stock market. Time is ticking.

7. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    As a teacher, I wish I could say that this wasn't a problem in most schools - but in my experience, it is a BIG problem - I'm not at all surprised that these teachers saw nothing wrong with their Obama support in the classroom.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    My kids go to Private Schools.

9. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    are they not allowed to express themselves? would you be outraged if it were support McCain day?

Do you think that suddenly these kids will go home and force their parents to vote for Obama because their teacher supports him?

It's ridiculous the shit the right will complain about. Of course teachers are for Obama... The no child left behind bullshit from Bush has stripped them of their ability to effectively teach our children anything more than how to pass a standardized test.

Teachers HATE the no child left behind law...mainly because Bush never fully funded it...

10. jusstyjonesy

jusstyjonesy Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes because there never will be one. And that is the problem. Monolithic opinion is never good. I'd prefer NO politics. Only civics, history, and citizenship.