McCain Out Of Touch or out of his mind

Mohican83

Rookie
Jun 9, 2008
John McCain’s comments this morning in an interview on NBC’s TODAY in which he told Matt Lauer it was “not too important” when American forces could come home from Iraq and that, “What’s important is the casualties in Iraq. Americans are in South Korea; Americans are in Japan, American troops are in Germany. That’s all fine.”

Not too important. You think the troops in Iraq feel that way. Are the troops in South Korea, Japan and Germany facing the same threats they are in Iraq?

Are the troops in South Korea, Japan and Germany facing the same threats they are in Iraq?

That... sounds like his point. What's important is getting the treat level in Iraq down to the threat level in South Korea.

There will be US troops in Iraq for a long, long time. No matter who's president. You can bank on that.

Well that is a problem since we probably shouldn't have been there to begin with. I'm not comfortable with out troops staying in Iraq with the neighboring hostile countries there. It seems we are in a hole we will never get out of

Well that is a problem since we probably shouldn't have been there to begin with. I'm not comfortable with out troops staying in Iraq with the neighboring hostile countries there. It seems we are in a hole we will never get out of

I agree. It's a nasty situation and it made me ill when we got involved in it, mainly because I knew how long we'd be stuck there.

But we're in it, now, and we're staying in it, with McCain or Obama. That's my prediction, anyway; it just seems to be the way these things work; presidents can start them but they don't really seem able to end them.

This reminds me of Hubert Humphrey, who was too senile and goofy to survive against George McGovern in the democratic primary. Of course, Obama is in no way McGovern. (Obama survives financially in a world that McGovern never could have, without changing his ways; McGovern faced no race barrier.)

This reminds me of Hubert Humphrey, who was too senile and goofy to survive against George McGovern in the democratic primary. Of course, Obama is in no way McGovern. (Obama survives financially in a world that McGovern never could have, without changing his ways; McGovern faced no race barrier.)

McGovern also only won one state.

Obama is a shoe in. He's black, people think he is something new, and he ain't Bush. Dems are already in the process of rationalizing how good he is. Just like the Repubs did for George. Blah blah blah------------

Forum List

Back