McCain doesn't know who Iraq borders?

CharlestonChad

Baller Deluxe
Jul 2, 2006
Charleston, SC
ABC News: Obama Gets Benefits, Not Blame, of Troop Surge

And it was McCain who owns the first big gaffe of the trip -- appearing to confuse Iraq and Afghanistan.

Asked by ABC's Diane Sawyer Monday morning whether the "the situation in Afghanistan in precarious and urgent," McCain responded:

"I think it's serious. . . . It's a serious situation, but there's a lot of things we need to do. We have a lot of work to do and I'm afraid it's a very hard struggle, particularly given the situation on the Iraq/Pakistan border," said McCain, R-Ariz., said on "Good Morning America."

Iraq and Pakistan do not share a border. Afghanistan and Pakistan do.

And it was McCain who owns the first big gaffe of the trip -- appearing to confuse Iraq and Afghanistan.

Asked by ABC's Diane Sawyer Monday morning whether the "the situation in Afghanistan in precarious and urgent," McCain responded:

"I think it's serious. . . . It's a serious situation, but there's a lot of things we need to do. We have a lot of work to do and I'm afraid it's a very hard struggle, particularly given the situation on the Iraq/Pakistan border," said McCain, R-Ariz., said on "Good Morning America."

FOX NEWS will just laugh it off as a "Senior Moment"

We can play this game, I notice all the gaffes made by Obama have all been laughed off by the press. He has made some real big ones too.

We can play this game, I notice all the gaffes made by Obama have all been laughed off by the press. He has made some real big ones too.

I think it is silly to fault either of them, for what are clearly just mis statements. If you had to talk as much as they do, you would make some pretty bad gaffes to I suspect.

I think it is silly to fault either of them, for what are clearly just mis statements. If you had to talk as much as they do, you would make some pretty bad gaffes to I suspect.

Not knowing where Pakistan is and not knowing the difference between Shi'a and Sunni are more than gaffes. They go to the heart of our mideast policy. McCain has shown that he has almost no understanding of who is on what side there. That's dangerous.

Not knowing where Pakistan is and not knowing the difference between Shi'a and Sunni are more than gaffes. They go to the heart of our mideast policy. McCain has shown that he has almost no understanding of who is on what side there. That's dangerous.

I wouldn't go that far. But I would say McCain is far inferior to Obama on foreign policy and possibility his lack of understanding of the region may be a factor.

Always the partisan.

This guy has some real serious issues, and the other side is resorting to slanderous attacks like, "obama won't sollute the flag". What a joke.

Unfortunately, dumb voters give McCain a pass for being unqualified and they swallow the patriotic crap hook line and sinker. I can't wait to see what Charley has to say.

You think it's ok for McCain not to understand the significance of these issues?

I'd say THAT'S partisan.

LOL,

re read my post my dear, I said no such thing. I said I think it is silly to fault either of them for what I think were slips of the tounge.

I did not say one word that could be thought to favor Either one of them. I leave that to you.

If McCain actually does not know the difference between Sunni and Shia. That would clearly be a big problem.

Last edited:

LOL
Democrats still do not know that Iranian border is the main problem in Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Sorta like OBGYN's can't practice their love on women? LOL.

Just admit you give McCain a pass on things you would never let Obama get away with.

Would you have been ok if Clinton lied us into a war? How about double the debt? How about 9-11 happen on his watch?

And you are so easily fooled that you are willing to give a guy who voted with Bush 95% the title of maverick. More like sell out.

You are so fooled you think the mainstream/corporate media is liberal. Boy did Karl Rove pull one over on you nephew.

LOL,

re read my post my dear, I said no such thing. I said I think it is silly to fault either of them for what I think were slips of the tounge.

I did not say one word that could be thought to favor Either one of them. I leave that to you.

If McCain actually does not know the difference between Sunni and Shia. That would clearly be a big problem.

And I don't believe it's a slip of the tongue. I believe it's lack of knowledge from the man who finished Annapolis fifth from the bottom of his class and who has admitted he doesn't understand economics.

And I don't believe it's a slip of the tongue. I believe it's lack of knowledge from the man who finished Annapolis fifth from the bottom of his class and who has admitted he doesn't understand economics.

Like I said if it was not a slip of the tongue that would be a problem indeed. I am not going to vote for McCain anyways, so I could care less what he knows and does not know, I do not want him for my president.

As far as him not understanding economics, Do you think every president we have ever had understood economics? The have advisers for a reason. I Actually think it was big of him to Admit he dose not understand economics, I would prefer a man who can admit when he does not know something , over one that thinks he knows everything.

And before you jump in with another post, I am not trying to imply Obama thinks he knows everything. I just think it is a plus to be able to admit your shortcomings.

AMEN.

Jillian, all you need to remember is they voted for Bush. So clearly they don't care if he is smart, has a good plan, knows how to spell or does a good job.

Just as long as he keeps their taxes down, they are fine. As long as he bans gay marriage, stem cell and abortion, they don't care about the economy or soldiers lost or even innocent iraqi lives.

Screw the debt.

So McCain can be a dumb shit. They don't care as long as he pushes their agenda. And he will. That's why I laugh at the idea he is a maverick. LOL.

They aren't all that smart themselves. They like that Bush spent a trillion dollars on defense and they ignore that half of the money was stolen. No big deal.

They don't want tax dollars spent on 90% of us. They want money spent on the top 10% and they are just waiting for it to trickle down. 8 years later, we are still waiting.

The economy sucks, but yet there is a 3 year waiting list for yachts. AND THEY DON"T OWN YACHTS THEMSELVES!!!

Maybe they make Yachts?

AMEN.

Jillian, all you need to remember is they voted for Bush. So clearly they don't care if he is smart, has a good plan, knows how to spell or does a good job.

Just as long as he keeps their taxes down, they are fine. As long as he bans gay marriage, stem cell and abortion, they don't care about the economy or soldiers lost or even innocent iraqi lives.

Screw the debt.

So McCain can be a dumb shit. They don't care as long as he pushes their agenda. And he will. That's why I laugh at the idea he is a maverick. LOL.

They aren't all that smart themselves. They like that Bush spent a trillion dollars on defense and they ignore that half of the money was stolen. No big deal.

They don't want tax dollars spent on 90% of us. They want money spent on the top 10% and they are just waiting for it to trickle down. 8 years later, we are still waiting.

The economy sucks, but yet there is a 3 year waiting list for yachts. AND THEY DON"T OWN YACHTS THEMSELVES!!!

Maybe they make Yachts?

ah more wonderful generalizations for Bobo, nothing new here.

ah more wonderful generalizations for Bobo, nothing new here.

You deny that most voters choose based on who they would like to drink a beer with? Probably because that's how you decide.

I can see you and Bob Barr sitting there, gazing into each others eyes, each of you wondering who will be the wife in the relationship....:eusa_whistle:

You deny that most voters choose based on who they would like to drink a beer with? Probably because that's how you decide.

I can see you and Bob Barr sitting there, gazing into each others eyes, each of you wondering who will be the wife in the relationship....:eusa_whistle:

LOL, you clearly do not read anything I actually say. You know like the part where I said a lot of Bobs and the Libertarians ideas are INSANE, and if I thought he had a chance to win, I would rethink my vote?

No point in any further discussion with you.

Forum List

Back