McCain advisor pines for an election altering terrorist attack

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
McCain Adviser: Terror Attack Would Benefit Candidate
A top advisor for Sen. John McCain is causing him some media grief. The Washington Post reports this morning that Charlie Black, in an interview with Fortune, said "a fresh terrorist attack 'certainly would be a big advantage to him.'" Black also "said that the December assassination of former Pakistani prime minister Benazir Bhutto, while 'unfortunate,' helped McCain win the Republican primary by focusing attention on national security." Black said, "His knowledge and ability to talk about it reemphasized that this is the guy who's ready to be Commander-in-Chief. And it helped us."

USNews.com: Political Bulletin: Tuesday, June 24, 2008

You mean a terrorist attack would benefit McCain, a guy who wants to piss on terrorists graves, than a guy that wants to suck terrorist dick and reveres despots like Castro?

Gee, say it ain't so.

In other news, we just found out that humans need oxygen.

You mean a terrorist attack would benefit McCain, a guy who wants to piss on terrorists graves, than a guy that wants to suck terrorist dick and reveres despots like Castro?

Gee, say it ain't so.

Because Obama's been so supportive of terrorist causes.... dayum, you guys are so desperate you don't care what rumors you spread or what lies you tell. It's really pathetic.

:cuckoo:

Gee, say it ain't so.

Yes, it would benefit McCain. So would a couple of the faux red alerts that
Bush so enjoyed.

Who reveres Castro? No one.

• Banned
It wouldn't change my vote.

And unlike the rest of you lot, I usually try to stick to speaking only for myself. :eusa_whistle:

No offense, but it would only change an idiot's vote.

Actually, only an idiot would not change their vote if they place it in the broader Obama narrative. The proverbial camel was cutting an Atlas-like silhouette long before this.

Last edited:
Since everyone knows that terrorists the world over emphatically support Obama, wouldn't they be foolish to do anything before the election?

And consequently, if indeed an attack does take place, would it not be prudent to at least consider the possibility of it being an inside job?

:eusa_think:

Since everyone knows that terrorists the world over emphatically support Obama, wouldn't they be foolish to do anything before the election?

And consequently, if indeed an attack does take place, would it not be prudent to at least consider the possibility of it being an inside job?

:eusa_think:

IMO, the terrorists more likely prefer McCain since he will more than likely continue Bush's asinine GWOT -- probably the best thing that's ever happened for their cause.

IMO, the terrorists more likely prefer McCain since he will more than likely continue Bush's asinine GWOT -- probably the best thing that's ever happened for their cause.

My thoughts exactly. I'll see if I can rep you yet.

true dat.

I almost hate to say, this but I suspect that Charlie Black might pine for a terrorist attack in much the same way the Franklin Delanor roosevelt pined for an attack by the Japanese.

That's why the despots and terrorist leaders of the world have come out in support of Obama, eh?

That's why the despots and terrorist leaders of the world have come out in support of Obama, eh?

In a word...yes.

Reverse psychology is an awesome tool. I don't know if you guys know about it, but, basically, you make someone think the opposite of what you believe. And that tricks them into doing something stupid. Works like a charm. - Michael Scott

Forum List

Back