McCain addresses rally...."My fellow prisoners"

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
WTF??

Washington Wire - WSJ.com : McCain Addresses 'My Fellow Prisoners'

In a campaign with plenty of gaffes to go around, John McCain added one to the mix Wednesday. The Republican vice-presidential candidate addressed a crowd in Pennsylvania as “my fellow prisoners.”

McCain made the slip while discussing his plans for the economy, including health care and energy policies. “Across this country, this is the agenda I have set before my fellow prisoners,” he said. The prepared remarks, which the campaign distributed during the speech, showed he meant to say “citizens.” The Arizona senator was a prisoner of war, spending nearly six years in Vietnam. He often talks about his experiences on the campaign trail, albeit briefly.

Last edited:
It still amazes me that this is the best the republicans could do, it has to be obvious to all except the moonie followers that the republican party has become a sect of the far religious and economic right.

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to continue the same economic policies that are destroying the middle class in America.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j56i15Wdgok]YouTube - Mccain Caught Lying(exposed on youtube) Worst Nightmare[/ame]
Keating Economics

WTF??

In a campaign with plenty of gaffes to go around, John McCain added one to the mix Wednesday. The Republican vice-presidential candidate addressed a crowd in Pennsylvania as “my fellow prisoners.”

McCain made the slip while discussing his plans for the economy, including health care and energy policies. “Across this country, this is the agenda I have set before my fellow prisoners,” he said. The prepared remarks, which the campaign distributed during the speech, showed he meant to say “citizens.” The Arizona senator was a prisoner of war, spending nearly six years in Vietnam. He often talks about his experiences on the campaign trail, albeit briefly.

Maybe he went off his Adovan and Prozac and had a flashback?:eusa_whistle:

Maybe he knows something we don't?

My replacement keyboard, thanks Chris, will be a Logitech wireless, one of those little wavey ones would be nice. The one I have overdosed on caffeine when I sprayed my coffee into it.

Oh, I don't care about keyboard colour, just not pink, okay?:lol:

Has McCain acknowledged that this was a gaffe. Because this isn't the first that I have heard him use that language.

Either that or his crystal ball shows him being bundled up with everyone else when BushCheney declare martial law.

Talking about Darth, anyone see him lately?

WTF??

hard to take a blogger seriously when he/she doesn't know what office mccain's running for.

carry on, chrissie.

Hey there are slips and there are slips. McCain - whoever he is - said this. Yes or no?

beats me, don't really care.
i only read far enough into the link to confirm that the writer didn't know what office mccain was running for. i assumed it was chrissie's fuckup, but i was mistaken.
strangely, i've got more important issues on my mind; don't know if you heard, but the economy's fucked.

feel free to obsess about it, though; i'm sure it's quite meaningful in some context.

beats me, don't really care.
i only read far enough into the link to confirm that the writer didn't know what office mccain was running for. i assumed it was chrissie's fuckup, but i was mistaken.
strangely, i've got more important issues on my mind; don't know if you heard, but the economy's fucked.

feel free to obsess about it, though; i'm sure it's quite meaningful in some context.

Yep, economies are being gang-raped all over the planet, good of you to acknowledge that, I feel better already.

Forum List

Back