McCain abandoned GOP principles?

McCain doesn't have any principles. He had rhetoric that he was constantly fine tuning to grab the support of different bases that he was losing touch with along the campaign trail.

He is not a man of principle, or honor, or even decency. What he once was, he is no longer. He sold himself out to be a career politician. There's no other way to describe it. He deserved to lose.

I kept saying that from the primaries onward, but I kept getting screamed at.

From where I sit, I blame the Republican Party for Obama's election even more than I blame the Democrats and the roadkill . . . I mean, moderates. And I have every intention of rubbing the noses of those spineless wonders in it for the next four years.

Well, after all, McCain had SUCH a lock on the support of his conservative base. :eusa_angel:
oh yeah, we all loved him when he was part of that "gang of 14" BS
and just LOVED his amnesty plan
oh yeah
McCain was just too conservative
LOL

I think the GOP's problem is they were not far enough to the right!

They need to move even further, and make sure to be more vocal about

their stance on immigration, and let us know where pro america is again.

These are the keys to the gop winning again. :D
The GOP will never be vocal about immigration because of the coveted Hispanic vote.

McCain doesn't have any principles. He had rhetoric that he was constantly fine tuning to grab the support of different bases that he was losing touch with along the campaign trail.

He is not a man of principle, or honor, or even decency. What he once was, he is no longer. He sold himself out to be a career politician. There's no other way to describe it. He deserved to lose.
McCain is a has-been. He may have been something in 2000, but now he's has-been. Actually, he was that way when the campaign began. Romney or Ron Paul would've done the job.

Interesting. I never really knew McCain to embrace GOP principles until he became their candidate. Seems to me he was running on his own program as often as not prior to that.

I didn't notice him embracing GOP principles AFTER he became their candidate. I was by turns amazed and disgusted with the GOP's slavish willingness to kiss ass for a man who took so much glee for so long in treating them like garbage in order to suck up to the left. It was like watching a battered wife sitting in the ER, with her black eye and broken arm, explaining to the cops that her abusive husband is "really a good man and a good father".

I thinks it's funny how quickly mccain gets thrown under the bus. Nevermind that he was elected to that role by the republican party. Sure, his "mavricky" persona included finding compromise with dems.. but that was one thing that I appreciated about him even if he had to move to the right in order to lure the base. Sure, he eats crow now about Palin but she did appeal to the base and energized his game THEN. You know, when you were all telling us how great she (and HE) would be for the nation. To be honest, if you wanted Romney then you should have put Romney in the role. It's unfortunate that what could have been a republican party headed by members willing to reach across the isle will now slingshot the other direction in some post-election wound licking. And you do yourself no favors talking shit on mccain for your own democratic fault.

Republicans and (run for the hills) conservatives i'm talking to you.

Last edited:
I didn't notice him embracing GOP principles AFTER he became their candidate. I was by turns amazed and disgusted with the GOP's slavish willingness to kiss ass for a man who took so much glee for so long in treating them like garbage in order to suck up to the left. It was like watching a battered wife sitting in the ER, with her black eye and broken arm, explaining to the cops that her abusive husband is "really a good man and a good father".

Well, the GOP actually quit embracing GOP principles. But yeah, all I ever really remember hearing of him was whenever he broke ranks with the GOP in voting.

Well, the GOP actually quit embracing GOP principles. But yeah, all I ever really remember hearing of him was whenever he broke ranks with the GOP in voting.

What really amazed me was how contemptuous they were of him for most of Bush's last term, and then he surged ahead in the primaries, and suddenly the same people were brownnosing him to beat the band and trying to bully me into voting for him, and NOW the exact same bunch of dickless weasels are going on about how they "always knew" he was a bad choice.

Makes me glad to say I'm not a Republican, I'll tell you that much.

I thinks it's funny how quickly mccain gets thrown under the bus. Nevermind that he was elected to that role by the republican party. Sure, his "mavricky" persona included finding compromise with dems.. but that was one thing that I appreciated about him even if he had to move to the right in order to lure the base. Sure, he eats crow now about Palin but she did appeal to the base and energized his game THEN. You know, when you were all telling us how great she (and HE) would be for the nation. To be honest, if you wanted Romney then you should have put Romney in the role. It's unfortunate that what could have been a republican party headed by members willing to reach across the isle will now slingshot the other direction in some post-election wound licking. And you do yourself no favors talking shit on mccain for your own democratic fault.

Play nice. Some of us have been tossing him under the bus repeatedly for a LONG time. He did not have the support of traditional conservatives. His mavericky persona did not appeal to the party faithful and he burned more than a few bridges. Selecting Palin was his shot at garnering that party faithful support.

There is no criticism of McCain from me today that I wasn't posting BEFORE he was selected as the GOP nominee.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
What really amazed me was how contemptuous they were of him for most of Bush's last term, and then he surged ahead in the primaries, and suddenly the same people were brownnosing him to beat the band and trying to bully me into voting for him, and NOW the exact same bunch of dickless weasels are going on about how they "always knew" he was a bad choice.

Makes me glad to say I'm not a Republican, I'll tell you that much.

LMAO! Dickless weasels. I usually call them spineless pussies.:lol:

But yeah, I know what you mean. Maybe they should be asking what they did wrong instead.

Play nice. Some of us have been tossing him under the bus repeatedly for a LONG time. He did not have the support of traditional conservatives. His mavericky persona did not appeal to the party faithful and he burned more than a few bridges. Selecting Palin was his shot at garnering that party faithful support.

There is no criticism of McCain from me today that I wasn't posting BEFORE he was selected as the GOP nominee.

You are right.. he didn't have the support from the traditionals.. but who elected him? With Palin he gambles and lost... but she wasn't without utility. for those who can rise above throwing him under the bus I applaud you. For those who believe mccain should eat his shit sandwich alone... well... im just sayin..

Hey, I actually voted for that putz the last time he ran for the Senate, which I'm betting is more than most people here can say. And let me tell you, it WASN'T because I was dying for someone to "reach across the aisle", let alone the rest of the crap he turned around and pulled. That backstabbing, self-absorbed political hack threw ME under the bus LONG before I got the chance to return the favor. I have been consistent all along in hating his guts on a very personal level, and plan to continue to do so for as long as he remains in politics.

As far as I'm concerned, the ones who "cut and run" are the ones who abandoned their outrage at his untrustworthy behavior and drank the Kool-Aid to become rabid McCainiacs, not those of us who swore not to vote for him and stuck to it.

LMAO! Dickless weasels. I usually call them spineless pussies.:lol:

But yeah, I know what you mean. Maybe they should be asking what they did wrong instead.

They should ask ME what they did wrong. I'll be happy to tell them, although I might have to give most of the lecture in sign language and pictograms, since the first few sentences would likely dissolve their eardrums.

You are right.. he didn't have the support from the traditionals.. but who elected him? With Palin he gambles and lost... but she wasn't without utility. for those who can rise above throwing him under the bus I applaud you. For those who believe mccain should eat his shit sandwich alone... well... im just sayin..

You mean who nominated him? Cast your mind back to the primaries, and recall, if you will, which states he did well in initially, giving him enough of an appearance of an edge over his competitors for the limp, testosterone-challenged GOP to fall slavering upon him, proclaiming him "electable". You will see that the states in question were ones where - surprise! - Republican primaries are not restricted to actual Republicans.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
You mean who nominated him? Cast your mind back to the primaries, and recall, if you will, which states he did well in initially, giving him enough of an appearance of an edge over his competitors for the limp, testosterone-challenged GOP to fall slavering upon him, proclaiming him "electable". You will see that the states in question were ones where - surprise! - Republican primaries are not restricted to actual Republicans.

gimme a break. your primary was not hijacked by ninja liberals trying to sabotage you nominee. for real.

ninja_day1.jpg

gimme a break. your primary was not hijacked by ninja liberals trying to sabotage you nominee. for real.

ninja_day1.jpg

Not MY primary, Jack. I'm not a Republican, and proud of it.

However, you're mistaken if you think John McCain was nominated by the conservative party faithful. The primary process WAS influenced heavily by non-Republicans, like it or not. This is not a matter of opinion. It's documented. Go look it up.

If that is your "election was stolen" excuse for what happened so be it. enjoy hiding behind that strand of hair.

If that is your "election was stolen" excuse for what happened so be it. enjoy hiding behind that strand of hair.

Who said "stolen"? I said "influenced". The GOP lost because it was stupid enough and testicularly-challenged enough to listen to that influence instead of standing firm and believing that its principles were worthy, admirable, and noble enough to win an election. They caved in, wimped out, and went for an "electable candidate" instead of holding out for a "good President".

Where were you a few minutes ago when I said I blame the GOP for Obama's election far more than I blame anyone else, and fully intend to torture them over it for the next four years?

Forum List

Back