Like Mac, Bobby Jindal Doesn't Get It

SwingVoter

VIP Member
Aug 30, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
Was watching Bobby Jindal give an interview the other night, and he pulled out a lot of McCain lines on the budget, including the earmark one.

Problem with this is that earmarks are less than 1% of the fed budget, and like other GOPers, he won't go near cutting the 85% of the recurring budget which consists of defense, interest, soc security, medicare, medicaid, etc. Until a GOPer is willing to take on the big budget items, which they themselves expanded with Medicare Part D, then they need to STFU about being in favor of small government.

Was watching Bobby Jindal give an interview the other night, and he pulled out a lot of McCain lines on the budget, including the earmark one.

Problem with this is that earmarks are less than 1% of the fed budget, and like other GOPers, he won't go near cutting the 85% of the recurring budget which consists of defense, interest, soc security, medicare, medicaid, etc. Until a GOPer is willing to take on the big budget items, which they themselves expanded with Medicare Part D, then they need to STFU about being in favor of small government.

Tackling the budget by slashing 0.6% of it? :lol:

I highly doubt Jindal is stupid enough to run his entire campaign on stupid crap like that. I've seen a few interviews with him... he's a smart dude. I like him. I'd like to see him gain a little more experience before he runs for president. I definitely hear LEAERSHIP in his voice, though. If I had to pick between him, Palin and Romney, I'd pick Jindal. If Obama does a shitty job, I'd vote for Jindal if he has good foreign policy ideas. Definitely sounds like a really smart guy.

Forum List

Back