Like Mac, Bobby Jindal Doesn't Get It

Discussion in 'Congress' started by SwingVoter, Nov 15, 2008.

1. SwingVoter

SwingVoter VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Was watching Bobby Jindal give an interview the other night, and he pulled out a lot of McCain lines on the budget, including the earmark one.

Problem with this is that earmarks are less than 1% of the fed budget, and like other GOPers, he won't go near cutting the 85% of the recurring budget which consists of defense, interest, soc security, medicare, medicaid, etc. Until a GOPer is willing to take on the big budget items, which they themselves expanded with Medicare Part D, then they need to STFU about being in favor of small government.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. bk1983

bk1983 Off too Kuwait..

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Tackling the budget by slashing 0.6% of it? :lol:

3. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    I highly doubt Jindal is stupid enough to run his entire campaign on stupid crap like that. I've seen a few interviews with him... he's a smart dude. I like him. I'd like to see him gain a little more experience before he runs for president. I definitely hear LEAERSHIP in his voice, though. If I had to pick between him, Palin and Romney, I'd pick Jindal. If Obama does a shitty job, I'd vote for Jindal if he has good foreign policy ideas. Definitely sounds like a really smart guy.