McAllister, Smith among players reportedly testing positive

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Fuckin' water pills? Are you fuckin' kiddin' me? Why is this even an infraction?

A number of NFL players -- including Deuce McAllister and Will Smith of the New Orleans Saints -- have tested positive under the NFL's steroid policy as a result of taking water pills to lose weight, according to a report from Fox 31-Denver reporter Josina Anderson.

Anderson's report cited "a rash of positive tests." The number of players with positive tests is more than 10 and might exceed 15, but league and union sources insist to ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen that the number of cases pending are between six and eight.

Attorney David Cornwell told Mortensen he has been retained by "a number of players" to represent them in the NFL appeals process, but Cornwell wouldn't say who those players were or the exact number.

"The recent reports about pending appeals by players who are alleged to have used weight loss supplements reflect the most egregious violation of the NFL steroid policy," Cornwell said in a statement. "The foundation of the policy is both a player's right to appeal and an absolute right to confidentiality. By leaking this story, the 'source' is clearly attempting to put their thumb on the scale justice and harm these men."

Houston TV station KRIV later reported Texans long snapper Bryan Pittman also tested positive and would appeal.

ESPN - Deuce McAllister, Will Smith among players reportedly testing positive

Fuckin' water pills? Are you fuckin' kiddin' me? Why is this even an infraction?

what i heard is that there's something in the water pills that can ve used to mask steroid use. i also heard that there are so many postive results across the league that the league won't really be able to hand out suspensions, because it would leave some teams 7 or 8 players short. don't know how true this i , it was on the radio in the car.

we should get Diuretic's take on this for sure.

I'd love to give a professional opinion but I can't cos I'm not a professional anything :lol:

I did hear about this on the BBC World Service, they were saying it was a bit of a downer for the game in London this weekend.

I am now going to ask that nice Mr Gunny if I can change my nick to "water pill" and here I was thinking a Diuretic was all about taking the piss :lol:

I'd love to give a professional opinion but I can't cos I'm not a professional anything :lol:

I did hear about this on the BBC World Service, they were saying it was a bit of a downer for the game in London this weekend.

I am now going to ask that nice Mr Gunny if I can change my nick to "water pill" and here I was thinking a Diuretic was all about taking the piss :lol:

have you ever stayed at a Holiday Inn? that qualifies you here in the states for everything up to and including open heart surgery.

have you ever stayed at a Holiday Inn? that qualifies you here in the states for everything up to and including open heart surgery.

Does a Holiday Inn Express count? Stayed in one in Yuma, AZ. But wait, I stayed at a couple of Howard Johnson's - one on Katella I think it is in Anaheim right near Disneyland and the other in SLO (couldn't get into the Madonna Inn) :D

Does a Holiday Inn Express count? Stayed in one in Yuma, AZ. But wait, I stayed at a couple of Howard Johnson's - one on Katella I think it is in Anaheim right near Disneyland and the other in SLO (couldn't get into the Madonna Inn) :D

you're good to go.
where should we send the license?

Forum List

Back