Maybe its time to rethink RIO and the Olympics, eh?

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
Australian Paralympic Athlete Robbed At Gunpoint In Rio As Olympics Nears
The country’s Olympic Committee demanded Brazil step up security in the city ahead of the games.

CNN did a report where 80% of the country anticipation is all based on how many visitors they can role. The water sucks, the environment not healthy, the people are poor as hell and ready to rumble and people are afraid of the Ezika virus....although I had plans to attend....(not really), If I were a fan of the Big O, I'd stay home and watch this shit on TV!!
images
images
This is what happens to all the beautiful nations that allow white tourist, american business and capitalism in on their good thang...your country becomes a open sewer

These Olympics are going to be a shit show. I wonder how many lives will be lost before it's all over.

• Banned
These Olympics are going to be a shit show. I wonder how many lives will be lost before it's all over.
Although Rio could use the money, you couldn't pay me to attend!! So sad what's become of this country, so sad....but this is what happens to all these once beautiful countries that buy into the dollar, rich and tourism.

The country’s Olympic Committee demanded Brazil step up security in the city ahead of the games.

CNN did a report where 80% of the country anticipation is all based on how many visitors they can role. The water sucks, the environment not healthy, the people are poor as hell and ready to rumble and people are afraid of the Ezika virus....although I had plans to attend....(not really), If I were a fan of the Big O, I'd stay home and watch this shit on TV!!
images
images
This is what happens to all the beautiful nations that allow white tourist, american business and capitalism in on their good thang...your country becomes a open sewer

This Olympics should have been changed from Rio de Janiero and Brasil, as soon as the Zika thing exploded. The sinister WHO (of course the medical section of the UN) says no everything is okay....um, NO everything ISN'T okay.

It's insane to have the Olympics in a Zika Zone.

This is without the general criminal elements that prowl about Rio de Janiero.

Now the largest public hospital has been attacked by 20 gunmen with assault rifles and hand grenades attempting to spring a Drug Lord.

Hospital attack sparks new security concerns in Rio de Janeiro

"Rio de Janeiro (CNN) Rio de Janeiro's largest public hospital and one of the five designated to treat tourists during the upcoming Summer Olympic Games was attacked by armed gunmen during the weekend, leaving one person dead and two injured.

The attack deals another blow to a city struggling to show it's ready to host the games.

The raid took place early Sunday morning at the Souza Aguiar hospital. According to local authorities, the group was trying to free an alleged drug kingpin known as "Fat Family," who had been taken to the hospital a week ago following a shootout with police and was under police surveillance.

According to state news agency Agencia Brasil, more than 20 men broke into the hospital carrying assault rifles and hand grenades and wearing masks to cover their faces."

Here's the rest of the article.

Rio de Janeiro hospital attack sparks new security concerns - CNN.com

• Banned

images
images

This Olympics should have been changed from Rio de Janiero and Brasil, as soon as the Zika thing exploded. The sinister WHO (of course the medical section of the UN) says no everything is okay....um, NO everything ISN'T okay.

Now the largest public hospital has been attacked by 20 gunmen with assault rifles and hand grenades attempting to spring a Drug Lord.

"Rio de Janeiro (CNN) Rio de Janeiro's largest public hospital and one of the five designated to treat tourists during the upcoming Summer Olympic Games was attacked by armed gunmen during the weekend, leaving one person dead and two injured.

The attack deals another blow to a city struggling to show it's ready to host the games.

The raid took place early Sunday morning at the Souza Aguiar hospital. According to local authorities, the group was trying to free an alleged drug kingpin known as "Fat Family," who had been taken to the hospital a week ago following a shootout with police and was under police surveillance.

According to state news agency Agencia Brasil, more than 20 men broke into the hospital carrying assault rifles and hand grenades and wearing masks to cover their faces."

(sigh)....damn, does the mayhem ever end there?

images
images

(sigh)....damn, does the mayhem ever end there?

No, it seems it's 24/7 or something.

When will it all stop? I am so sick and tired of humans attacking animals that should be left alone in the first place. Lions and tigers and bears ....oh my....when fuckin with humans, then they must die!!

Such beautiful creatures should be treated with respect, they're not on this earth for people to hunt and shoot at, they belong in their natural habitats or in the sort of safari parks where they're cared for, can roam around and people can visit in a safe environment for all.

The use of animals for entertainment and also zoos are just disgusting.

images
images

And the Zika angle is especially troubling since Obungles gave all that money we had budgeted to fight it to the global warming nuts...

Now we could have a public health disaster in the making...

images
images

And the Zika angle is especially troubling since Obungles gave all that money we had budgeted to fight it to the global warming nuts...

virus amid Obama veto threat
Published May 19, 2016
Associated Press
Facebook71 Twitter178 livefyre29 Email Print

Never autoplay videos
WASHINGTON – House Republicans on Wednesday pushed through a $622 million bill to battle the Zika virus, setting up challenging negotiations with the Senate and the White House.

The 241-184 House vote broke mostly along party lines as Democrats lined up in opposition, heeding a White House veto threat and a warning from a top government health official that the bill wouldn't do enough to respond to the growing threat from Zika.

"It's just not enough," Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Tom Frieden said of the House measure. "It doesn't give Americans the protections they deserve, and with every day of delay it gets harder to do this." He added that he's "optimistic that at the end of the day they're going to do the right thing on Zika."

Overall, President Barack Obama requested $1.9 billion three months ago for the fight against Zika, which is spread by mosquitoes and sexual contact and can cause severe birth defects.

The Senate is moving ahead this week with a $1.1 billion plan and agreed with Obama that the money should be added to the budget deficit rather than be "offset" with cuts to other programs.

Democrats and the White House have been hammering at Republicans for dragging their feet on Zika, but the political tempest in Washington hasn't been matched by fear among the public, at least according to recent polling. But GOP leaders see a political imperative to act as the summer mosquito season heats up.
Get your facts straight next time before you come here with lies....we're not all GOP morons, k?

images
images

virus amid Obama veto threat
Published May 19, 2016
Associated Press
Facebook71 Twitter178 livefyre29 Email Print

Never autoplay videos
WASHINGTON – House Republicans on Wednesday pushed through a $622 million bill to battle the Zika virus, setting up challenging negotiations with the Senate and the White House.

The 241-184 House vote broke mostly along party lines as Democrats lined up in opposition, heeding a White House veto threat and a warning from a top government health official that the bill wouldn't do enough to respond to the growing threat from Zika.

"It's just not enough," Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Tom Frieden said of the House measure. "It doesn't give Americans the protections they deserve, and with every day of delay it gets harder to do this." He added that he's "optimistic that at the end of the day they're going to do the right thing on Zika."

Overall, President Barack Obama requested $1.9 billion three months ago for the fight against Zika, which is spread by mosquitoes and sexual contact and can cause severe birth defects.

The Senate is moving ahead this week with a $1.1 billion plan and agreed with Obama that the money should be added to the budget deficit rather than be "offset" with cuts to other programs.

Democrats and the White House have been hammering at Republicans for dragging their feet on Zika, but the political tempest in Washington hasn't been matched by fear among the public, at least according to recent polling. But GOP leaders see a political imperative to act as the summer mosquito season heats up.
Get your facts straight next time before you come here with lies....we're not all GOP morons, k?

Wasn't 500 million of stolen money enough to give to the global warming scammers???
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...enator-obama-used-zika-money-for-climate-fund

images
images

"Now we could have a public health disaster in the making..."

Well Brasil could, it's almost like it's deliberate or something.

Rio should have never been given the Games in the first place.
They are over their heads.

Way to go South America, this was your first EVER Olympic Games as a host on your continent, and now we see you simply are not up to the job !

Rio should have never been given the Games in the first place.
They are over their heads.

Way to go South America, this was your first EVER Olympic Games as a host on your continent, and now we see you simply are not up to the job !
Thats laughablle. The games havent even started yet.

images
images

Well the Golf Tournament at the Olympics is down another player, Rory McIlroy not going now, same reason as the others, the Zika Virus and it's not worth the risk.

What a clusterfuck of a decision not to move the Olympics to a Non-Zika Virus Zone.

Rory McIlroy withdraws from Olympic Games amid Zika fears

"Rory McIlroy has decided not to compete at this summer's Olympics in Rio because of fears about the Zika virus.

The world No. 4, who had pledged his allegiance to Ireland for the Games, announced in a statement that he will not be available.

McIlroy is one of a number of high-profile golfers to pull out, with Adam Scott,Louis Oosthuizen, Charl Schwartzel, Marc Leishman and Vijay Singh having already said they will not travel to Brazil, while world No. 6 Rickie Fowler has also cast doubt on his participation.

McIlroy said in a statement: "After much thought and deliberation, I have decided to withdraw my name from consideration for this summer's Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.

"After speaking with those closest to me, I've come to realise that my health and my family's health comes before anything else.

"Even though the risk of infection from the Zika virus is considered low, it is a risk nonetheless and a risk I am unwilling to take.

"I trust the Irish people will understand my decision. The unwavering support I receive every time I compete in a golf tournament at home or abroad means the world to me.

"I will continue to endeavour to make my fans and fans of golf proud with my play on the course and my actions off it."

McIlroy pulls out of Olympics amid Zika fears

Forum List

Back