May 13 Walk Out

JohnDB

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2021
OK...
For those who haven't been following the healthcare system there is a disaster in the making.

Nurses have a bit of a rough time of it. They are the final check for the doctor's orders for what is given to a patient. And they are the first ones to get the blame for when something goes wrong.
Errors do happen and nurses have a self reporting system to help with situations where something has gone wrong. They go before a board of nurses and they usually determine if the nurse was truly at fault or not.

As a result of a whole list of comedy of errors a nurse at Vanderbilt Medical Center has been charged with manslaughter and is going to be sentenced on May 13. The circumstances surrounding the whole thing are dubious at best. People (including the attending physician) have lied, covered up the truth, and obfuscated the whole situation. The ONLY person being transparent and telling the truth is the nurse being charged with a crime.

This isn't the only case like this...there are many.

AS a result...ALL NURSES are expecting to have a walk-out on May 13.

If you are in an accident, sick, hurt, or need something from a nurse...I really wouldn't try to go to a hospital or doctor's office on that day....it's going to be a disaster. I don't blame them one stinking bit. They try their best...and sometimes it isn't good enough to save the day. 12hr days are the norm. 16-22hr days are becoming more commonplace. They aren't getting any more pay...in fact hospitals are not following minimum staffing guidelines and overworking and underpaying while experiencing record profits...even at "Not-for-profit" hospital systems.

here's an article from USA Today.

No sympathy. My husband was killed by a mistake made by an ARNP. It's what they sign up for when they decide to make a career of administering dangerous drugs.

Well...
Just avoid needing any medical treatment. You won't get any. There's talk of related trades walking out too...including pharmacy techs and pharmacists.

Forum List

Back