Maureen Dowd-New Dem. Talking Points on Axis of Evil

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I cannot abide Maureen Dowd and I'm not alone. She has a way of pissing people off, but the left actually uses her for talking points. I would expect to see some of the rants from the likes of Bully today.

This article sort of argues, not that she's that coherent, that the WOT should have been fought in the order of danger ie., invade: 1. N. Korea 2. Iran 3. Iraq

Stephen Green Fisks Dowd at:

http://www.vodkapunit.com

Some excerpts that may be 'talking points':

Alright, I'll be a little less flippant and actually explain. We were never told, "Saddam was behind 9/11, and now we're going to go get him." We were told that "if Saddam Hussein does not fully disarm, for the safety of our people and for the peace of the world, we will lead a coalition to disarm him."

Nothing about 9/11 there.

It's like Emily Latella - "What's all this fuss I hear about making Puerto Rico a steak?" - except the U.S. can't simply shrug "Never mind" because 900 American troops are dead.
And 25 million Iraqis are free. And a dictator is in jail awaiting trial. And the US Central Command now commands a central position bordering tyrants in Syria, Saudi Arabia, and – yes – Iran.

Sorry, Mo – what were you saying?

The Bush administration had no good intelligence, so it decided to invade the Ira- that was weaker.
From time to time, Dowd really ought to read a newspaper she doesn't get a paycheck from. She'd discover that the intelligence was about as solid as intelligence ever gets.

Now American forces are so depleted that the Pentagon is pulling forces out of South Korea to go to Iraq.
Fine by me – the South Koreans no longer want us there, and are well able to defend themselves.

And, given the huge National Guard deployment in Iraq, states say they don't have enough manpower to guard prisoners, fight wildfires or police the streets.
The primary duty of the National Guard is to fight wildfires?

Maureen, let me explain something to you. There's a difference between "what you usually do" and "what you're supposed to do." The National Guard is supposed to help the regular Army fight wars. That's why they have all those guns and tanks and blowy-up things. But we aren't usually at war – and so the Guard often finds itself doing emergency work, like fighting wildfires. (And since when, other than in extreme riots, does the Guard police the streets? And since when, other than in your imagination, does the Guard guard prisoners? Just because they have "Guard" in their title, doesn't make them actual guards.)

Just as the invasion of Iraq was "a Christmas gift" to Osama, as the C.I.A. official who wrote a book as "Anonymous" put it, in terms of recruiting in the Muslim world and diverting the U.S., so it may be a gift to Iran. U.S. military officials say Iranian agents have been helping Iraqi insurgents as a way to shape Iraq into a Shiite fundamentalist satellite.
"Anonymous" also called for leveling Arab cities, burning Arab farms, and causing civilian casualties on a scale not seen since WWII. If Mo is really in support of such things, then she's even a sluttier cheerleader than I'd hoped.

Meanwhile, if Iran is helping Iraqi insurgents, then we have two things going for us. One, we get to kill Iraqi insurgents. Two, we get to harm Iranian interests while doing so.

Forum List

Back