Ready.....Set......SPIN!

Merlin1047

Mar 28, 2004
AL
Well this was certainly predictable. Caught with their pants down, libs are scurrying like cockroaches to deflect blame and muddy the issue. Here comes the parade of excuses, irrelevant accusations and outright lies which have characterized the conduct of the Democratic party's top operatives for the last ten years.

Keep your Pepto Bismol handy for the next few weeks or you'll be losing your lunch listening to this crap.

link for complete article.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5463586/

Democrats denounce allegations against Berger
Congress to investigate ex-Clinton official’s handling of documents

Mark Wilson / Getty Images file
Former national security adviser Sandy Berger testified before the 9/11 commission on March 24. FREE VIDEO

July 21: President Bush would not talk about the investigation, but Democrats and other Republicans were putting their best political spin on it. NBC’s Andrea Mitchell reports.
Nightly News

NBC News and news services
Updated: 8:02 p.m. ET July 21, 2004WASHINGTON - Democrats assailed Republicans who suggested Wednesday that former White House national security adviser Sandy Berger sought to hide embarrassing materials when he removed classified documents related to the investigation of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

The presidential campaign of Democratic Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts accused the Bush White House of disclosing the existence of a criminal investigation for political advantage. After news of the investigation surfaced, Berger, who served in the Clinton administration, quit as an informal adviser to the Kerry campaign Tuesday to limit the political fallout.

The investigation of Berger began in October, but it came to light only this week as the independent commission investigating the attacks was preparing to issue its final report on Thursday.

“The timing of this leak suggests that the White House is more concerned about protecting its political hide than hearing what the commission has to say about strengthening our security,” the Kerry campaign said in a political memo distributed by email.

Meanwhile, Rep. Tom Davis, R-Va., chairman of the House Government Reform Committee, said Wednesday that his committee would also investigate Berger.

“At best, we’re looking at tremendously irresponsible handling of highly classified information — some of which, I understand, has not yet been located,” Davis said. “At worst, his actions suggest an intentional effort to keep critical information away from the commission and the American public.”

Clinton: ‘Interesting timing’ in disclosure
Many other Democrats, including former President Bill Clinton himself, suggested that politics were behind disclosure of the probe only days before the release of the Sept. 11 commission report, which is expected to be highly critical of the government’s response to the growing al-Qaida threat.

The Democratic National Committee filed a request Wednesday under the Freedom of Information Act for all correspondence between the Justice Department and the White House regarding the investigation.

“It’s interesting timing,” Clinton said in Denver at a autograph session for his book “My Life.” Berger was national security adviser for all of Clinton’s second term.

John Podesta, Clinton’s White House chief of staff, was more blunt. “I think a lot of people are skeptical that this wasn’t engineered by people some place in the government,” he said Wednesday.

But Republicans said the matter raised questions about whether Berger sought to hide embarrassing materials.

David Gergen, who was an adviser to Clinton and worked with Berger for a time in the White House, said, “I think it’s more innocent than it looks.”

Appearing Tuesday on “Today,” Gergen said: “I have known Sandy Berger for a long time. He would never do anything to compromise the security of the United States.”

Gergen said he, too, thought that “it is suspicious” that word of the investigation of Berger would emerge just as the Sept. 11 commission was about to release its report, because “this investigation started months ago.”

Spoke to a couple of guys about this yesterday.

The best they could come up with when I shot the timing thing down was "Well, what do you think about Ollie North? Look at him! HE did ........"

Fill in the blank with everything including actions with barnyard animals.

I came back with: "Why is it every time I say something is wrong and a person needs to step down for it or be impeached -or even TRIED, YOU say that someone else in the other party did it FIRST? When will you get a spine and stand up for right and oust the people who do wrong? Quit making excuses because 'Oh!, HE DID IT FIRST!' Like a little kid! Get off your high horse and impeach those bastards and show the nation it won't be tollerated by ANYONE."

The sissy changed the topic.

Berger - 9/11 Report; 9/11 Report Berger.

Eh, I don't get it.

One should not be political and it is; the other should be political but isn't 'cause it is just downright laughable.

Merlin1047 said:
Well this was certainly predictable. Caught with their pants down, libs are scurrying like cockroaches to deflect blame and muddy the issue. Here comes the parade of excuses, irrelevant accusations and outright lies which have characterized the conduct of the Democratic party's top operatives for the last ten years.

[/COLOR]

Right, more of the same BS. Now we have a Socks Gate to add to all the other Gates of the past.
....hmmm - didn't Clinton have a cat named Socks? :tng:

I wonder what Clinton is trying to hide (again) from the public this time to protect his so-called "legacy".

Also wonder what he has over on Burglar for the guy to risk his whole career by sneaking documents. Do we have another fall guy winding up in prison for the great Clinton?

Perhaps a detailed review of documents read by Berger may provide some insight into the content of those that were "lost".

Perhaps those documents had nothing to do with Clinton, or perhaps there was nothing incriminating contained therein.

Personally, I wouldn't bet on it.

The Winds of Change website link has a very interesting story on all her. The interesting thing is, note the date (13 April) now note this comment in the story:

And I've got to believe that if Clarke is taking credit for it now - claiming that good senior staff work foiled the Millennium Plot - either he's puffing like a freaking blowfish, or there's some data out there that hasn't made it to the public record.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9255&highlight=Diana

Forum List

Back