Maui Burning

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Well, this sucks. Lahaina is gone..or so news sources say and people that live there. ALL boats in the harbor are destroyed. People jumping in the ocean to escape the flames. Dead people laying in the street (that were not checked to see if they were dead and PRESUMED to be so. What if they just passed out from smoke inhalation?) . No no..just drive by and say "she can't be helped" without getting out of their car as they film. Jeez.
Anyway..shades of Paradise. I love that island, and especially that town. Gone. And the oldest tree on the island probably gone too...the famous Banyan tree. So many good memories...gone, like Paradise. So damn sad.

Didn't show her on that vid ^. Other vids did. I guess they cut that part out. She was laying in the street, NOT burned. Just laying there. Saw the original vid. Scroll the link above and you will probably run across it. Someone else said a dog was running wildly, but....that camera was more important to film instead of HELPING.:mad:

Well, this sucks. Lahaina is gone..or so news sources say and people that live there. ALL boats in the harbor are destroyed. People jumping in the ocean to escape the flames. Dead people laying in the street (that were not checked to see if they were dead and PRESUMED to be so. What if they just passed out from smoke inhalation?) . No no..just drive by and say "she can't be helped" without getting out of their car as they film. Jeez.
Anyway..shades of Paradise. I love that island, and especially that town. Gone. And the oldest tree on the island probably gone too...the famous Banyan tree. So many good memories...gone, like Paradise. So damn sad.

I used to buy coffee online from a farm on Maui.

It's been burning...actually, almost the whole island...yet I only found out about it via twitter. (I refuse to call it X). Lame stream media finally decided to comment only a few hours ago.

I've been there about 15 times. Last visit was about 10 years ago. Cheeseburger In Paradise is probably gone too. And all those art galleries. Homes, other businesses. Oh yes...shades of Paradise. Not fun, and full of sadness.

Didn't show her on that vid ^. Other vids did. I guess they cut that part out. She was laying in the street, NOT burned. Just laying there. Saw the original vid. Scroll the link above and you will probably run across it. Someone else said a dog was running wildly, but....that camera was more important to film instead of HELPING.:mad:
It's like that a lot nowadays, the chance of going viral supercedes actually doing something to help someone in need.

going viral supercedes actually doing something to help someone in need.
My van blew a hose escaping Paradise. Bumper to bumper, we all were trying to escape. Dennis got the hose back on but every car that passed us or were behind us STOPPED and asked if we needed help. People running down the street...those in cars made room for them.

My van blew a hose escaping Paradise. Bumper to bumper, we all were trying to escape. Dennis got the hose back on but every car that passed us or were behind us STOPPED and asked if we needed help. People running down the street...those in cars made room for them.
So all is not lost for humanity yet. Ofc that was a couple years ago..

I know this news today hits home for you.

So all is not lost for humanity yet. Ofc that was a couple years ago..

I know this news today hits home for you.
I've been up since 3am. Yes, its hitting home for me big time, double whammy. Dennis and I loved Maui and enjoyed romping thru Lahaina....then what happened in Paradise. So yeah..its bugging me very much.

Let me guess, Trudy took a vacation there.

trudeau_fire.jpg

Forum List

Back