Matt Taibbi: Fuck the business community!

He holds Goldman Sachs in contempt and isn't waiting on them to provide jobs or any of the other bullshit you pretended he was about. You know, this bs:

Goldman Sachs isn't the business community so you pretty much whiffed 3 times.
So that explains why he said, "Fuck Goldman Sachs!"

You really are remarkably stupid, awesomely stupid, some kind of stupidity champion no doubt. I tip my hat and feel completely unworthy in the shadow of your towering and insurmountable stupidy.

But your question is pure crap, a complete waste of bandwidth.

Saying "Fuck Goldman Sachs!" simply does not =
Oh, yes, because the attitude that demands the business community provide jobs despite the left's anti-business attitude AND gratefully accept leftist abuse is so well-grounded. :clap2:

It just isn't at all the same thing, mega dumbotron.

Oh, wait...

Say, I found something that illustrates your view of the role of government in the economy:
I am a Democrat because I believe a healthy economy depends on good jobs at good wages. So fork 'em over, you fat bastard boss man.

I am a Democrat because I believe the government should step in to create good jobs when that fat bastard boss man moves my good job to Mexico. Hey, I know! Maybe we can take all the money that boss man spends on non-job-creating stuff, like solid gold yachts and mink spats, and use that money to create jobs.​

I am not a democrat a liberal or even a partisan, Uber stupid one.

Rub your brain cell, talk nice to it, take it out to dinner. Maybe you can coax it into reproducing, you know some kinky cell division!

And please don't bother me with your less than asinine babble anymore. You really are not worthy.
:lol: Man, you really can't tolerate disagreement, can you? What a sissy bedwetter.

And if the government encouraged Fat Bastard Boss Man to move "his" jobs to Mexico through tax bias, does that solid gold yacht come from the government?
George, I hate to break this to you, but the author was using hyperbole. There really aren't any solid gold yachts.

shut up and eat your mink spat you little pervert!
:lol: It's funny the way you think I should follow your orders. Is there any particular reason you're convinced of your own superiority?

daveman:

Is the "free market" never more than a generation away from extinction?

If so which "free market" are we talking about?

The market that the classical economists designed to be free from rent and interest, or the Chicago Boy's version of a market free from all government regulation?

btw, since I spent ten (of the longest) days of my life in the military, I hope I'm qualified to disturb your august presence with my humble query.

Thank you.

I don't generally take anyone seriously when they prove themselves disconnected from reality.

Oh the irony!
Oh, yes, because the attitude that demands the business community provide jobs despite the left's anti-business attitude AND gratefully accept leftist abuse is so well-grounded. :clap2:

Would you at least agree that when they kill the market they're selling to (by starving them of the means to buy) that they aren't the most astute businesspeople in the whole world? That part is so obvious it should go without saying, but the thing is, so few ACT on it. Ford did, and he wasn't exactly a friend to labor or in any way progressive, but he did recognize the need to keep the labor base in enough doh re mi to continue being a consumer base.

It's barely possible these "businessmen" are astutely putting in play an agenda that still gets laughed out of many forums.

Namely that "globalization" was never about elevating the rest of the world's standard of living to that of the (1970s) US, but, rather, to gradually pull the US down to the level of what we used to call the "third world."

Should the Fed begin monetizing the US debt in earnest, (hyper?) inflation might yet get us there.

:lol: Man, you really can't tolerate disagreement, can you? What a sissy bedwetter.

Asked and answered already. You aren't qualified to disagree because you have never read Matt Taibbi. You don't have an opinion about him.

Interesting "logic". Have you ever been in the military?

I was born and raised in the military, mental midget. Members of my family tree were officers in every US war between the revolution and Vietnam.

daveman:

Is the "free market" never more than a generation away from extinction?

If so which "free market" are we talking about?

The market that the classical economists designed to be free from rent and interest, or the Chicago Boy's version of a market free from all government regulation?

btw, since I spent ten (of the longest) days of my life in the military, I hope I'm qualified to disturb your august presence with my humble query.

Thank you.
According to loosecannon, since you've never been a participant in the free market, you're not allowed to have an opinion on it.

Oh the irony!

Would you at least agree that when they kill the market they're selling to (by starving them of the means to buy) that they aren't the most astute businesspeople in the whole world? That part is so obvious it should go without saying, but the thing is, so few ACT on it. Ford did, and he wasn't exactly a friend to labor or in any way progressive, but he did recognize the need to keep the labor base in enough doh re mi to continue being a consumer base.
"Starving them of the means to buy..." Ummm, the worker agreed to that salary, did he not?

Look at Flint, Michigan, for an example of what happens when workers demand pay and benefits greater than what the market can sustain.

Asked and answered already. You aren't qualified to disagree because you have never read Matt Taibbi. You don't have an opinion about him.

Interesting "logic". Have you ever been in the military?

I was born and raised in the military, mental midget. Members of my family tree were officers in every US war between the revolution and Vietnam.
I didn't ask what your family did, moron. I asked if YOU served. And the answer is no.

So, by your "logic", you are not qualified to disagree with my views on the military. You don't have an opinion about it.

"Starving them of the means to buy..." Ummm, the worker agreed to that salary, did he not?

Look at Flint, Michigan, for an example of what happens when workers demand pay and benefits greater than what the market can sustain.
If we look at Flint, Michigan and the role unions played in the demise of GM, we should also examine government's tax bias in favor of debt financing and also CEO pursuits:

"Every time a new CEO arrived in Detroit, Flint or Grand Rapids, jobs were slashed, tens of thousands put on the streets in the name of a more efficient operation.

"The mindless pursuit of the bottom line has inflicted a heavy human toll on the people of Michigan."

Return of the Native

Worker demands didn't include a tax bias for debt rather than equity investment. Workers and their unions haven't called for loading down the US economy with debt through corporate raiding with junk bonds.

"This subsidy for debt leveraging also is the government’s largest giveaway to the banks, while causing the debt deflation that is locking the economy into depression – violating every precept of the classical drive for 'free markets' in the 19th-century.

"(A 'free market' meant freedom from extractive rentier income, leading toward what Keynes gently called 'euthanasia of the rentier.'”

Along with worker demands we have to look at rentier (FIRE sector) entitlements today and which side commands the politicians' attention more.

Michael Hudson

If we look at Flint, Michigan and the role unions played in the demise of GM, we should also examine government's tax bias in favor of debt financing and also CEO pursuits:

"Every time a new CEO arrived in Detroit, Flint or Grand Rapids, jobs were slashed, tens of thousands put on the streets in the name of a more efficient operation.

"The mindless pursuit of the bottom line has inflicted a heavy human toll on the people of Michigan."

Return of the Native

Worker demands didn't include a tax bias for debt rather than equity investment. Workers and their unions haven't called for loading down the US economy with debt through corporate raiding with junk bonds.

"This subsidy for debt leveraging also is the government’s largest giveaway to the banks, while causing the debt deflation that is locking the economy into depression – violating every precept of the classical drive for 'free markets' in the 19th-century.

"(A 'free market' meant freedom from extractive rentier income, leading toward what Keynes gently called 'euthanasia of the rentier.'”

Along with worker demands we have to look at rentier (FIRE sector) entitlements today and which side commands the politicians' attention more.

Michael Hudson
Pretending the unions aren't complicit in the companies' failures doesn't make it true.

compensation is competitive with toyota and the prevailing wage, but the contract obligations which dont allow firms the flexibility to manage production relative to demand are a farce.

compensation is competitive with toyota and the prevailing wage, but the contract obligations which dont allow firms the flexibility to manage production relative to demand are a farce.

It certainly wasn't competitive before bankruptcy. Before bankruptcy, the companies were managed to fund the healthcare and retirement trusts. It is staggering to think of some of the compensation to this day autoworkers receive.

wages.jpg

Last edited:

It certainly wasn't competitive before bankruptcy. Before bankruptcy, the companies were managed to fund the healthcare and retirement trusts. It is staggering to think of some of the compensation to this day autoworkers receive.

wages.jpg

eek. i stand corrected.

i was just thinking about the nightmare of needing to decide how many 2015 aveos you plan to make at the behest of your labor force... at those prices to boot!

Forum List

Back