Massive pro-reform protest in Tehran, Iran

Yes, Volokh has worries. But the ridiculous assertion by you that using it would get one laughed out of court is nonsense. Numerous lawyers have used it, as have numerous courts. And these aren't in the court of first instance, either. Those 300 cases were at the appellate level.

You can use it sure but is a judge going to give it must credence?

Some are, some aren't. Judges who have cited it probably will give it credence.

Yep like the 8th circuit

I can be an attorney and not subscribe to westlaw. As I thought though you won't provide the case citations.:eusa_whistle:

Those aren't cases, they are briefs.

You had said opinions also correct? The briefs are part of cases correct?

Notice the 2009 next to most of them? That means most of them don't have opinions yet.

You said lawyers would be laughed out of the court room if they did such a thing. I proved you wrong.

Those aren't cases, they are briefs.

Notice the 2009 next to most of them? That means most of them don't have opinions yet.

You said lawyers would be laughed out of the court room if they did such a thing. I proved you wrong.

You proved nothing...

The 8th circuit did laugh it out of court....:lol:

You proved nothing...

The 8th circuit did laugh it out of court....:lol:

And its been cited in numerous other circuit decisions. So, yes, I proved something as much as you, surely, will continue to deny it.

Or the 7th, which recently cited Wiki themselves.

a link would be nice.....

I used your link :lol:

Did you even read the shit you posted?

So the WL citations was from my link...that's what I was asking links for....

You know even cases that are active, can be identified by 'such and such vs. such and such'? Of course I don't expect this from you...:cuckoo:

Some are, some aren't. Judges who have cited it probably will give it credence.

Yep like the 8th circuit

Oh yeah, btw....

Here's how the 7th circuit used the wiki....

"Wear and tear is a more specific phrase that connotes the expected,
often gradual, depreciation of an item."

proffered definition | Dictionary.com
connotes - 1. to signify or suggest (certain meanings, ideas, etc.) in addition to the explicit or primary meaning: The word “fireplace” often connotes hospitality, warm comfort, etc.

So the wiki link in the ruling wasn't proffered as proof but only as a suggestion of how the meaning of wear and tear could be interpreted.

a link would be nice.....

I used your link :lol:

Did you even read the shit you posted?

So the WL citations was from my link...that's what I was asking links for....

You know even cases that are active, can be identified by 'such and such vs. such and such'? Of course I don't expect this from you...:cuckoo:

Really? You were asking for links to a WL citation? I thought you didn't get westlaw, how would a link to a Westlaw citation be helpful?

And you asked for the Opinions, which don't exist yet.

And do tell, if you were asking for a link for the WL citations, why did you quote me saying

Riddle me that, eh?

Yep like the 8th circuit

Oh yeah, btw....

connotes - 1. to signify or suggest (certain meanings, ideas, etc.) in addition to the explicit or primary meaning: The word “fireplace” often connotes hospitality, warm comfort, etc.

So the wiki link in the ruling wasn't proffered as proof but only as a suggestion of how the meaning of wear and tear could be interpreted.

And?

By the way...since when are message boards courtrooms?

Oh yeah, btw....

And?

This is the post of yours I was responding to...

"I am in a field where research matters a TON"

You are in law school right?

Oh yeah, btw....

And?

This is the post of yours I was responding to...

"I am in a field where research matters a TON"

You are in law school right?

Thats correct.

Just FYI though. This is Iran. The 'reform movement' does not mean chicks running around the streets in miniskirts, with all sorts of new freedoms for the people. It's all relevant. "reform" there means not
extreme right supressive. Their version of reform is definitely not liberal, just a bit more moderate.
Hopefully the reformists will succeed to bring about a bit more social freedoms which are sorely lacking.

Very true, but incremental is better than revolutionary anyway.

And since the contest was between two guys who were, to us, undistinguishable, does not mean that since Tweedledumb stole the election from Tweedledee there is no real interest anymore. The Iranian people expressed a desire for Tweedledee, and we should put all the pressure can can to make sure the people's voice is respected.

Forum List

Back