Massive new Immigration Bill. 1 day to discuss.

IlarMeilyr

Liability Reincarnate!
Feb 18, 2013
undisclosed bunker
Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, faulted Senate Judiciary Chairman Pat Leahy, D-Vt., for limiting the committee review of the gang of eight’s immigration proposal to just one hearing, scheduled for next week.

“A single hearing scheduled so quickly to discuss legislative language that is not yet even available is completely inadequate for Senators or the American people to get answers to the many questions a bill of this magnitude will inevitably raise,” Lee said in a statement. “We could not possibly have a meaningful hearing with a substantive discussion of what will surely be over 1,000 pages of provisions we haven’t even yet seen.”

Leahy initially told Republicans that he would not allow any hearings on the legislation to take place, but instead rush the bill to the Senate floor within two weeks. Leahy argued that hearings conducted by past Congresses would suffice.

Sen. Lee: One hearing to discuss 1,000 page immigration bill is ?inadequate? | WashingtonExaminer.com

Well, we DO have some precedent. We were assured by Nancy Pelousy that we would have to pass the ObamaCare Bill to find out what was in it.

That worked out just great, didn't it?

President Barack "committed to transparency" Obama and his hench-Dims just cannot tell the American people to "go fuck themselves" enough to suit their agenda.

Last edited:
You see who your Government works for? Corporations and Bankers.

What you Americans need to do is just shut up.

Oh nozies. They may have released it too soon:

Some congress-persons are actually having their staffs <<gasp>> LOOK at what it says:

Rep. Lamar Smith: Immigration Bill 'Worse Than We Thought,' Legalizes Relatives and Previously Deported
April 17, 2013
-- Rep. Lamar Smith: Immigration Bill 'Worse Than We Thought,' Legalizes Relatives and Previously Deported | CNS News

Wait. Did I read that correctly? Legalizes RELATIVES?

Rep. Smith says the Senate immigration bill shreds current immigration laws:

"And the Senate proposal offers amnesty to far more illegal immigrants than we thought. In addition to most of the 11 million illegal immigrants already in the country, the bill offers to legalize the relatives of illegal immigrants outside the U.S. and even others who have already been deported back home. So current immigration laws are shredded.
-- id.

Oh fucksies.

That massive ONE whole day hearing is going to be interesting.

Brief. But interesting.

The dems want millions of lazy illegals to get citizenship cuz they know they will then go on welfare and vote dem the rest of their life.

The dems want millions of lazy illegals to get citizenship cuz they know they will then go on welfare and vote dem the rest of their life.

Yep. But they forget the wisdom of the late Maggie Thatcher.

The problem with their political philosophy is that 'sooner or later you run out of other people's money.'

If the punishment for entering the country illegally does not fit the crime it will not be a punishment. And it will be blanket amnesty with a K-Mart type layaway plan to pay the fine and to pay back taxes or they will claim &#8220;hardship&#8221; and be exempt. And nothing in the bill to stop women from entering and dropping an anchor with all the expense of prenatal and delivery, welfare, green card and a path to citizenship and family re-unification.

I did not sign up to sponsor any of them or the bill? Who signed me up?

Last edited:
If the punishment for entering the country illegally does not fit the crime it will not be a punishment. And it will be blanket amnesty with a K-Mart type layaway plan to pay the fine and to pay back taxes or they will claim “hardship” and be exempt. And nothing in the bill to stop women from entering and dropping an anchor with all the expense of prenatal and delivery, welfare, green card and a path to citizenship and family re-unification.

Are you suggesting the prospect of attempting to MODIFY this proposed legislation?

Come on. Be REASONABLE.

They have already allotted a FULL day of hearing(s) to it.

NOW, all of a sudden, you want them to make changes to it too, before they get to voting on it?

Vexing. That's what your call for modification is. Vexing. If Congress were to heed your words, in fact, some of them would have to actually

work.

Unthinkable! And vexing. And vexatious, too.

You see who your Government works for? Corporations and Bankers.

What you Americans need to do is just shut up.
Abraham Lincoln once said, &#8220;To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards out of men.&#8221;
Americans fought and died for the right to speak out and speaking our made this great country the greatest country on earth. and my mama never taught me how to shut up. :eusa_whistle:

We have people in congress tagging alone with this bill just because they are cowards.

Last edited:
If the punishment for entering the country illegally does not fit the crime it will not be a punishment. And it will be blanket amnesty with a K-Mart type layaway plan to pay the fine and to pay back taxes or they will claim “hardship” and be exempt. And nothing in the bill to stop women from entering and dropping an anchor with all the expense of prenatal and delivery, welfare, green card and a path to citizenship and family re-unification.

Are you suggesting the prospect of attempting to MODIFY this proposed legislation?

Come on. Be REASONABLE.

NOW, all of a sudden, you want them to make changes to it too, before they get to voting on it?

Vexing. That's what your call for modification is. Vexing. If Congress were to heed your words, in fact, some of them would have to actually

work.

No, I say kill the bill.

Come on. Be REASONABLE.

work.

No, I say kill the bill.

WHA!?!?!?!

Kill it?

As in DEAD?

But

but but but

What about the CHILDREEEEEEN?

No, I say kill the bill.

That's what i say. They need to start over and the new bill should contain no amnesty and should make things much tougher on illegals. For openers, congress needs to ban any public school from allowing illegals to use the school. Actually they already have such a law - it's jut not enforced.

Section 1113 seems to suggest that it's up to Democrats to decide which illegals get to stay in America.

Forum List

Back