Massachusetts town going to vote on our rights.

What a fucking stupid title, "Massachusetts town going to vote on our rights." On every ballot issue, someone believes their rights are being voted on. And, at most, this town is voting on their rights, not our rights.

I'm all for banning the f-word in public. Cursing in public shouldn't be protected speech. If the law is well-worded, it would stand up in court.

I don't agree with this law at all, but there's no reason to be dishonest about it. Merely uttering curse words wouldn't make one subject to the fine, you'd have to actually 'accost' someone verbally using vulgar language.

Lots of stuff gets passed in the name of public decency.

Laws against fornicating in public.. yeah.. I can see that..

Laws because I am walking down the street and drop 3 f-bombs and a sonofabitch?? Nah, that is pretty clearly in violation of free speech if you ask me

There is no clear line between being decent and being a blue nose busybody is there?

Wait, I thought "conservatives" were in favour of the public voting and passing any law.

Funny how that changes when it's something you don't like.

Try being for the constitution, you ignorant fuck

You know.. that thing that upholds rights, prevents tyranny of the masses, and protects against an overpowering government by strictly limiting the specific powers it is granted..

Vote on or pass legislation on all the laws you won't that do not violate the rights given in the constitution.. Hell, if Mass wants to pass a law about dogs being required to wear muzzles when walked, or wants to pass a law fining people who wipe boogers on the seats of public buses, so be it.. but this is a direct violation of free speech and is a horrible precedent to set

Lots of stuff gets passed in the name of public decency.

Laws against fornicating in public.. yeah.. I can see that..

Laws because I am walking down the street and drop 3 f-bombs and a sonofabitch?? Nah, that is pretty clearly in violation of free speech if you ask me

There is no clear line between being decent and being a blue nose busybody is there?

Well.. in this case there is a line directly drawn as we have the right of free speech in this country, as long as you do not use that speech to slander, cause harm to others (yelling fire in a theater) etc...

But nice try

Wait, I thought "conservatives" were in favour of the public voting and passing any law.

You know.. that thing that upholds rights, prevents tyranny of the masses, and protects against an overpowering government by strictly limiting the specific powers it is granted..

Vote on or pass legislation on all the laws you won't that do not violate the rights given in the constitution.. Hell, if Mass wants to pass a law about dogs being required to wear muzzles when walked, or wants to pass a law fining people who wipe boogers on the seats of public buses, so be it.. but this is a direct violation of free speech and is a horrible precedent to set

so you agree we shouldn't be voting on rights....

like my right to reproductive choice...

or to use contraceptives...

or for my gay friends to get married...

cool.

I don't agree with this law at all, but there's no reason to be dishonest about it. Merely uttering curse words wouldn't make one subject to the fine, you'd have to actually 'accost' someone verbally using vulgar language.

That should not matter either... now, stating something slanderous or libelous.. that is one thing.. me berating an occupy wall streeter and calling him a stupid fucking asshole and telling him his mother smells of platypus sperm and elderberries, is still covered by free speech

Not surprised this is coming out of Mass, I'm actually surprised it's not California. I dont see this law being upheld even if it passes a vote. It's a free speech violation.

in my State unless you know the cuss words in Spanish it wont do you any good passing a law like that....

cool.

When you show me the fetus you want to abort is your DNA, you can carve it out like a wart....

you can choose to have no kids, 1 kid, or 50 kids for all I care... nobody is forcing you to have or not have kids

You can use all the contraceptives you want.... do not expect anyone else to be forced to pay for them

I am for government out of marriage all together except in areas where government should be.. taxation, inheritance law, power of attorney for family medical decisions, or whatever... but you already knew this.. I am for equal treatment whether people be gay, straight, or whatever

That should not matter either... now, stating something slanderous or libelous.. that is one thing.. me berating an occupy wall streeter and calling him a stupid fucking asshole and telling him his mother smells of platypus sperm and elderberries, is still covered by free speech

That depends. Could be considered assault depending on the circumstances.

Which of course only serves to prove even further why this law is unnecessary, but regardless...

cool.

When you show me the fetus you want to abort is your DNA, you can carve it out like a wart....

you can choose to have no kids, 1 kid, or 50 kids for all I care... nobody is forcing you to have or not have kids

You can use all the contraceptives you want.... do not expect anyone else to be forced to pay for them

I am for government out of marriage all together except in areas where government should be.. taxation, inheritance law, power of attorney for family medical decisions, or whatever... but you already knew this.. I am for equal treatment whether people be gay, straight, or whatever

it doesn't work that way, honey...

YOU don't get to choose others' rights.

i think that's the point.

but you were on the right track.

as for being forced to pay for contraceptives. i have every right to expect my insurance company to pay for prescription medication. and i have every right not to ask my employer's permission or disclose my use of contraceptives.

see how that works?

cool.

as for being forced to pay for contraceptives. i have every right to expect my insurance company to pay for prescription medication. and i have every right not to ask my employer's permission or disclose my use of contraceptives.

see how that works?

you have no right to kill a human, though you have a right to all the cosmetic surgery you want

No you do not have every right to force your insurance company or employer to pay for your entertainment for casual sex

I agree that no company should be spouting out medical information on you... if you have a company disclosing that you are using the pill, I would take them to court if you so choose

cool.

see how that works?

DNA technology is advancing so fast that in a few years people will likely be able to abort gay babies if they want to. That should solve a lot of the Gay Marriage argument.

DNA technology is advancing so fast that in a few years people will likely be able to abort gay babies if they want to. That should solve a lot of the Gay Marriage argument.

Except, no one is born a fag. But, there may be some genetic traits which may predispose someone to being a fag, like having a small dick.

Oh yes, people would abort the shit out of fag babies, if possible. Even liberals don't want children who are fags. And, conservatives know that God's own law calls for fags to be killed, and abortion would be a legal way to do it.

Forum List

Back