Massachusetts: This Is The Nation’s Toughest Gun Law

Massachusetts 1.2% gun murder rate - one of the absolute lowest in the Nation.... maybe they know what is sensible laws for their own State?

Maybe they just have a lower number of gang bangers, and suicides?

I believe all gun owners should be required to have a permit and undergo the same requirements as outlined in the OP. Anyone not willing to undergo such requirements should not be allowed to have guns. It's a small inconvenience to help make us all more secure from gun violence.
Should we require the same of people wanting to buy a car? Let's see if you're consistent.
I put out a loooooong list before and forgot a bunch
for buying a car/driving a car/transferring plates in my very pro-gun state:
you need proof of personal property tax paid
certificate of title
Application for title and license form108
odometer disclosure statement
notarized lien release if applicable
---emissions inspection
---car inspection
---proof of insurance
---written driver's test
---practical driver's test
---eye exam
birth certificate
SSN
residential address
work history
am I forgetting anything???

Last edited:
I believe all gun owners should be required to have a permit and undergo the same requirements as outlined in the OP. Anyone not willing to undergo such requirements should not be allowed to have guns. It's a small inconvenience to help make us all more secure from gun violence.
Should we require the same of people wanting to buy a car? Let's see if you're consistent.
I put out a loooooong list before and forgot a bunch
for buying a car/driving a car/transferring plates in my very pro-gun state:
you need proof of personal property tax paid
certificate of title
Application for title and license form108
odometer disclosure statement
notarized lien release if applicable
---emissions inspection
---car inspection
---proof of insurance
---written driver's test
---practical driver's test
---eye exam
birth certificate
SSN
residential address
work history
am I forgetting anything???
I knew I forgot something--duh!
safety belts MANDATORY
speed limits
age requirement

Well, it is according to the obsolete 2nd Amendment. Eventually, a Liberal Supreme Court will clean that mess up.

Is the First Amendment obsolete too, and all the other ones? The 2A is a Natural Right we have as humans. Government can not take that away.
Inalienable rights cannot be ‘taken away’ – they can only be regulated consistent with Constitutional case law.

Consequently, residents of Massachusetts are at liberty to regulate firearms as they see fit – provided those regulations comport with Second Amendment jurisprudence.

And current Massachusetts firearm regulatory measures are perfectly consistent with the Second Amendment, in no manner violating the rights enshrined in the Amendment.

That some might perceive such measures as being ‘bad’ or ‘useless’ doesn’t render them un-Constitutional.

We don't require licensing to exercise other Rights, so Massachusetts laws and other state laws are unconstitutional. Firearm law under the Constitution is Federal, not state. What does NOT BE INFRINGED mean?

NEWTON, Mass. ― A thirtysomething man sought to buy a rifle here last September, and if he had been living in almost any other part of the country, he could have done so easily.

His record was free of arrests, involuntary psychiatric commitments or anything else that might automatically disqualify him from owning firearms under federal law. He could have walked into a gun store, filled out a form and walked out with a weapon in less than an hour.

But he couldn’t do that in Massachusetts because the state requires would-be buyers to get a permit first. That means going through a much longer process and undergoing a lot more scrutiny.

Each applicant must complete a four-hour gun safety course, get character references from two people, and show up at the local police department for fingerprinting and a one-on-one interview with a specially designated officer. Police must also do some work on their own, searching department records for information that wouldn’t show up on the official background check.

More: This Is The Nation’s Toughest Gun Law

I salute Massachusetts for passing commonsense gun laws! Thankfully, we have states like Massachusetts that are moving forward on gun control. Hopefully more will follow their lead.

You said what, squaw? Guns scare you?

We don't require licensing to exercise other Rights, so Massachusetts laws and other state laws are unconstitutional. Firearm law under the Constitution is Federal, not state. What does NOT BE INFRINGED mean?

Well, then you should report Massachusetts to SCOTUS.

Massachusetts 1.2% gun murder rate - one of the absolute lowest in the Nation.... maybe they know what is sensible laws for their own State?

Maybe they just have a lower number of gang bangers, and suicides?
nope, maybe they just know what works in their State...
And other states see fit to enact fewer firearm regulatory measures.

Both Massachusetts and states with few firearm regulatory measures equally support the Second Amendment and acknowledge the Second Amendment rights of their respective residents.

When we get 2 more real Justices on the court we will......we have 4 social justice warriors pretending to be actual justices and one moron named kenndy who sticks his finger in the wind to decide cases........we need 2 more real justices...

"REPORT" it? I see you have a grasp on how everything works...I'd be careful with that wish list of yours, [that court is no longer rigged in your favor] it will eventually be heard by the SCOTUS and the 2nd amendment will be affirmed and ensconced as the founders had intended, you may want to "report" some abortion dissent to the SCOTUS while your in the mood, they are going to be just as friendly in that area as well...and lets just hope they don't treat the first amendment the way left treats the second amendment

The Supreme Court has already incorporated (affirmed) the Second Amendment as an Individual Right. It is obvious by reading the amendment what it means by "The People".

Feel free to argue that cars should be more heavily restricted given that more people die from them.

Are you unaware of speed limits and abundant traffic laws to license and use a motor vehicle on our public roads and highways - including insurance requirements?

Are you unaware that driving a car is a privilege and not a right, we have a right to own a gun, it is a privilege to drive a car. Of course the driving laws should be stricter.

You have a right to vote. Doesn’t stop righties from putting up all these voter ID laws .

It doesn't stop the left for wanting all to pay a tax to own a gun.

Isn't gun safety worth the price?

You haven’t correlated the laws to guns being any safer. We have asked however you provide absolutely nothing.

Are you unaware of speed limits and abundant traffic laws to license and use a motor vehicle on our public roads and highways - including insurance requirements?

Are you unaware that driving a car is a privilege and not a right, we have a right to own a gun, it is a privilege to drive a car. Of course the driving laws should be stricter.

You have a right to vote. Doesn’t stop righties from putting up all these voter ID laws .

It doesn't stop the left for wanting all to pay a tax to own a gun.

Isn't gun safety worth the price?

You haven’t correlated the laws to guns being any safer. We have asked however you provide absolutely nothing.

Mass has some of the toughest laws , and in turn , Lowest gun crimes .

What does “well regulated “ mean.

Easy to cherry pick lines huh?

Sure - if they want to drive it in public.
So you're not being consistent. You said "all gun owners." When asked about cars, you limited it to those wanting to drive it in public.

Funny. It's hard to be consistent when an idiot is trying to compare apples and onions.
Feel free to argue that cars should be more heavily restricted given that more people die from them.

Vehicle ownership is a privilege not an right, firearm ownership is an absolute right till someone fucks it up for themselves. Fact

So you're not being consistent. You said "all gun owners." When asked about cars, you limited it to those wanting to drive it in public.

Funny. It's hard to be consistent when an idiot is trying to compare apples and onions.

You have a right to own a musket.
Technically a musket is not an Firearm

Forum List

Back