Massachusetts: This Is The Nation’s Toughest Gun Law

Funny. Tell that to authorities...

Don't have to I don't waste my time voting for inept, corrupt candidates and since that's all we ever seem to have to choose from I find a better use for my time on election day

If you don't vote - what right do you have to complain?

I have a right to complain because I didn't put the assholes in office so I am not responsible for their fuck ups

YOU have no right to complain if you voted.

No one has a right to complain if they don't participate in democracy.

I pay my taxes ergo I participate.

I pay the salaries of the crooks you vote into office. I sure as hell do have the right to complain

Paying your taxes doesn't help legislate policy.

Don't have to I don't waste my time voting for inept, corrupt candidates and since that's all we ever seem to have to choose from I find a better use for my time on election day

If you don't vote - what right do you have to complain?

I have a right to complain because I didn't put the assholes in office so I am not responsible for their fuck ups

YOU have no right to complain if you voted.

No one has a right to complain if they don't participate in democracy.

I pay my taxes ergo I participate.

I pay the salaries of the crooks you vote into office. I sure as hell do have the right to complain

Paying your taxes doesn't help legislate policy.

Of course it does

If we didn't pay the crooks in government they wouldn't be able to pass any legislation would they? But it is a proven fact that Congress doesn't give a flying or any other kind of fuck what the people think. so we shouldn't be paying them anyway

I can't be wrong; i am resorting to the fewest fallacies
Behold, the fallacy of Argument from Fallacy.

Argument from fallacy - Wikipedia

"Argument from fallacy is the formal fallacy of analyzing an argument and inferring that, since it contains a fallacy, its conclusion must be false."

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

The 2nd Amendment says that felons get machine guns.

:banana:
You have nothing but fallacy. The unorganized militia is subject to the police power.
...provided it breaks the law first. Until that happens, the right of the people to keep and bear arms cannot be infringed.

the right of the people shall not be infringed.
You have to consider any conflict of laws. The unorganized militia is not expressly declared Necessary; it really is that simple.

Very simple, the right of the people shall not be infringed. The 2nd Amendment allows me to purchase a gun if I so choose.

That doesn't prevent states from regulating it.

Who said differently? The right of the people shall not be infringed. The 2nd Amendment allows me to purchase a gun if I so choose.

Buy all you want. States can still regulate them.

Interesting the left isn't concerned about states rights when Arizona wanted to enforce their immigration laws, nor are they for states rights concerning marriage, abortion and lax gun control. I believe the states have those rights including gun control, marriage, abortion, immigration and so on.

You have to consider any conflict of laws. The unorganized militia is not expressly declared Necessary; it really is that simple.

Very simple, the right of the people shall not be infringed. The 2nd Amendment allows me to purchase a gun if I so choose.

Who said differently? The right of the people shall not be infringed. The 2nd Amendment allows me to purchase a gun if I so choose.

Interesting the left isn't concerned about states rights when Arizona wanted to enforce their immigration laws, nor are they for states rights concerning marriage, abortion and lax gun control. I believe the states have those rights including gun control, marriage, abortion, immigration and so on.

Funny. Tell it to the federal government. Give Trump a call...

Funny. Tell it to the federal government. Give Trump a call...

I know you nuts only want states rights when it benefits your agenda and hate states rights when it hurts your agenda. I may not like a states laws however I respect their rights. You not at all, you are a hypocrite.

Natural rights are in State Constitutions and available via Due Process; so, yes, possession is, nine-tenths of the law.

Well regulated militia are People, too.

Our Second Amendment has nothing to do with natural rights; those are covered in State Constitutions.

Even if true - it's a small price to pay for owning deadly weapons!

The most deadly weapon in America is the automobile... You have a Constitutional Right to own a firearm but you do not have a Constitutional Right to drive.

So let cut the nonsense and admit firearms are only dangerous to those like you that are ignorant...

Firearms are designed to kill . Cars are not .
Quit falling down the well, Vehicle ownership is not a right, firearm ownership is an absolute right till someone fucks it up for themselves.

“Absolute right “ ? Making shit up again?

Registering guns and their sales doesn’t infrInge on your right to bear arms.

There is no purpose for registering guns and their sales other than to facilitate infringements upon the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

Not true . The reason for it is to prevent guns from falling into the hands of criminals . How is it an infringement?

The most deadly weapon in America is the automobile... You have a Constitutional Right to own a firearm but you do not have a Constitutional Right to drive.

So let cut the nonsense and admit firearms are only dangerous to those like you that are ignorant...

Quit falling down the well, Vehicle ownership is not a right, firearm ownership is an absolute right till someone fucks it up for themselves.

There is no purpose for registering guns and their sales other than to facilitate infringements upon the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

Not true . The reason for it is to prevent guns from falling into the hands of criminals . How is it an infringement?

How does registration prevent a straw buyer from giving or selling a gun to a criminal and then reporting it stolen? How does registering a gun prevent a gun from being stolen?

Do you understand that actual felons do not have to register their illegal guns....by law? The Supreme Court ruling in Haynes v United States, states that criminals do not have to register illegal guns because it violates their Right against self incrimination....

Registration doesn't stop crime, it doesn't solve crime.....

Ten Myths Of The Long Gun Registry | Canadian Shooting Sports Association

Myth #4: Police investigations are aided by the registry.
Doubtful. Information contained in the registry is incomplete and unreliable. Due to the inaccuracy of the information, it cannot be used as evidence in court and the government has yet to prove that it has been a contributing factor in any investigation. Another factor is the dismal compliance rate (estimated at only 50%) for licensing and registration which further renders the registry useless. Some senior police officers have stated as such: “The law registering firearms has neither deterred these crimes nor helped us solve any of them. None of the guns we know to have been used were registered ... the money could be more effectively used for security against terrorism as well as a host of other public safety initiatives.” Former Toronto Police Chief Julian Fantino, January 2003.

3/24/18

https://www.quora.com/In-countries-...olved-at-least-in-part-by-use-of-the-registry

Tracking physical objects that are easily transferred with a database is non-trivial problem. Guns that are stolen, loaned, or lost disappear from the registry. The data is has to be manually entered and input mistakes will both leak guns and generate false positive results.

Registries don’t solve straw-purchases. If someone goes through all of the steps to register a gun and simply gives it to a criminal that gun becomes unregistered. Assuming the gun is ever recovered you could theoretically try and prosecute the person who transferred the gun to the criminal, but you aren’t solving the crime you were trying to. Remember that people will prostitute themselves or even their children for drugs, so how much deterrence is there in a maybe-get-a-few-years for straw purchasing?

Registries are expensive. Canada’s registry was pitched as costing the taxpayer $2 million and the rest of the costs were to be payed for with registration fees. It was subject to massive cost overruns that were not being met by registrations fees. When the program was audited in 2002 the program was expected to cost over $1 billion and that the fee revenue was only expected to be $140 million.

No gun recovered. If no gun was recovered at the scene of the crime then your registry isn’t even theoretically helping, let alone providing a practical tool. You need a world where criminals meticulously register their guns and leave them at the crime scene for a registry to start to become useful.

Say I have a registered gun, and a known associate of mine was shot and killed. Ballistics is able to determine that my known associate was killed with the same make and model as the gun I registered. A registry doesn’t prove that my gun was used, or that I was the one doing the shooting. I was a suspect as soon as we said “known associate” and the police will then being looking for motive and checking for my alibi.

What's wrong with a registry?

But gun registries have a number of problems. For one, they don’t solve crimes.

Canada’s experience with a long-gun registry illustrates this. After having spent some two billion dollars, the program was found to be ineffective at solving crimes or keeping people safe.

The State of Maryland has had a similar experience with its ballistic fingerprint records, finding that in fifteen years, only twenty-six cases were aided by the registry, and in those cases, law enforcement already knew which guns were involved.

All of this, of course, is in addition to the major question of how we would register American guns in the first place, considering the hundreds of millions here presently and our porous borders.

What registries do allow is confiscation. The experience in Britain of gun control worsening over time illustrates this. The same is true for Australia. And we’ve seen attempts to do the same thing in New York and California.

And then there’s the more basic question of privacy.

This is a concern that goes broader and deeper than just gun rights. Whether we’re talking about the NSA’s spying on our e-mail and telephone calls or the FBI’s desire to have a door opened for them into iPhones, it is abundantly clear that government wants easy access to our personal lives, in spite of and in contradiction to the protection of the Fourth Amendment.

A gun registry would simply be yet another example of this.

I’m sure that all of these points are a case of preaching to the choir, but as I was told once, even the choir needs to hear a good sermon now and then. In the battles over gun control, we risk letting some things slip through when confronted with a flurry of demands, and it’s up to us to make sure bad ideas are not converted into laws.

Well regulated militia are People, too.

Our Second Amendment has nothing to do with natural rights; those are covered in State Constitutions.

The right of the people shall not be infringed.

Lol! How in the world does registering prevent guns from falling into the hands of criminals?

Lol! How in the world does registering prevent guns from falling into the hands of criminals?
I guess it forces you to report it stolen if you do sell it to a criminal. Otherwise, not at all.

Making you jump through special legal hoops to be able to do something that's supposed to be a right is an infringement. Like for example, if you had to get a permit and pay a $200 fee every time you wanted to criticize Trump on the internet. Or if muslims had to pay $2,000 every time they wanted to pray or face 50 years in prison.

It's $100 bucks !!! No poor person in MassaHoochets gonna afford that. I sense a discrimination suit on this. Must be rich white privilege to have a "permit"..

Here's the Application that's so innovative and exciting.

https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2017/12/13/Updated LTC_FID card app - REVISED 05.19.15.pdf

Far as I can tell, most ALL of the questions are on the EXISTING NICS questionnaire.. Except maybe that "Green Card" question. And here's the WORST PART..

Far as I can tell the ACTIVE DATE on a "permit" is TEN DAYS.. $100 for a 10 day window to buy "ONE" gun or as many as you want??? And do you have to take the SAME COURSE everytime you purchase ANOTHER GUN?

If you do --- it's a $100 TAX on every gun you buy. THERE is what MassaHoochets is doing right there...

I smell law suits. Fire up the Supremes. I wanna hear "Come See About Me" or "Run RUn Run".

Even if true - it's a small price to pay for owning deadly weapons!

Firearm registration is absolutely unconstitutional

How can "gun"-free zones exist if the Second Amendment isn't being 'infringed'? Those 'gunners' are shirking their responsibility in letting this pass. They should go down to those sites and demonstrate bearing their well polished arms, if they truly believe what they claim.

How can "gun"-free zones exist if the Second Amendment isn't being 'infringed'? Those 'gunners' are shirking their responsibility in letting this pass. They should go down to those sites and demonstrate bearing their well polished arms, if they truly believe what they claim.
Shut the fuck up.

"Gunners" are not filthy leftist communist trash. We obey the law and don't riot like a bunch of Kansas City Faggots.

How can someone like Trump get elected when the Media, Education, most of Government, and Large Corporations are all Liberal Progressive Whack Jobs?

Forum List

Back