Massachusetts Residents Receive an Income Tax Cut!!!!

Discussion in 'Economy' started by PLYMCO_PILGRIM, Dec 16, 2011.

1. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    Ok so its going to save me about 40 cents a week but its still a tax cut :)

Mass. taxpayers in line for slight income tax cut - Boston.com

2. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,151
    So, the economy is on the rebound. Have you thanked President Obama for pulling us back from the brink in less than three years and putting America on the road to recovery?

California's revenues are up too, and we're seeing new construction projects underway in the SF Bay Area. Of course the nation is not yet out of the woods, Boehner and McConnell still want Obama to fail - as do several who post on this forum - no matter what the GOP says their leadership remains focused on politics and not the people they were hired to represent (and loyal to those who own them, corporate America and the special interests).

3. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    Once unemployment is back under 5%, we aren't running 900billion dollar budget defecits, and obama stops playing politics with the economy I'll thank him (well he doesn't have to stop playing politics i'll be happy with a 20% reduction in the budget defecit each year and the 5% unemployment)

Also I'll thank my fellow citizens who voted for this in 2000

4. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,151
    UE is one of many economic indicators, and usually the last to recover after a recession. Suggesting Obama is playing politics and not mentioning the rhetoric of McConnell, Boehner and Canto is disengenuous, IMO.

Personally I'm a fiscal conservative, my wife and I live within our means and have never paid interest on credit card debt (our only interest is on our house payment which we refied a year ago - took out no money - and will payoff the loan in a little over four years).

We also plan ahead. In august we had a roof put on our home and paid cash. Saving $50 per month every month for house repairs since 1980 made that possible. Some of these practices are transferable to the Federal Budget - we can expect every year to experience a regional catastrophe and The Congress ought to plan for it.

5. Defiant1

Defiant1 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +983
    What a great thing. I'm sure all the liberal democrats are going to send this windfall the IRS in extra taxes to show us conservatives what good patriots they are.

For me, since my kids still live in Mass. I'm going to reduce their Christmas presents. That will give me more money to spend on my boats. Money that will be spent locally in Florida.

6. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,460
    :eusa_whistle:

7. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    You only brought up obama so I only referred to obama playing his politics with all of our futures. If you had mentioned the others I would have said the same about them playing politics.

I personally don't have any debt of any kind as I don't borrow or use credit cards. I hold my politicians on both sides to that same standard....why do you think i liked the tea parties so much when they first came out? They went after the "republicans" who weren't conservative financially along with the dems who weren't conservative financially.

And you are right, they should have it planned for and if it doesn't happen take that money and put it directly to paying down the national debt.