Massachusetts Judge Orders Justina Pelletier To Be Returned Home

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
In breaking news this morning, a Judge has ordered the state of Massachusetts to return Justina Pelletier back to her family after taking her from her parents and holding her for 16 months due their dispute over a diagnosis Boston Children's Hospital. The state claimed Pelletier was a victim of 'medical child abuse.'

This should be a welcome relief for her parents, and now she can get on with her life. Congratulations Justina!

Justina Pelletier is coming home.

A Massachusetts judge ordered the 16-year-old Connecticut girl, who was taken from her family by child welfare advocates more than a year ago, to be returned to her mother and father effective Wednesday. The ruling caps a long-running medical custody dispute that began when two highly-respected Boston hospitals clashed over the girl's diagnosis. The case sparked national outrage, and led Lou and Linda Pelletier, of West Hartford, Conn., to wage a bitter legal battle.

“To hear the news is overwhelming," Lou Pelletier told FoxNews.com moments after learning of the ruling. "Now we can certainly begin the healing process.”

The case began when the girl's parents disagreed with a psychiatric diagnosis given by Boston Children's Hospital and said they wanted their daughter returned to her original physician at Tufts Medical Center, who had previously treated Justina for mitochondrial disease, a group of rare genetic disorders affecting cellular energy production. The Massachusetts Department of Children and Families moved in, claiming Justina was the victim of "medical child abuse."

Mat Staver, of the Liberty Counsel, which battled the Bay State bureaucracy on behalf of the Pelletiers, said the ruling handed down by Massachusetts juvenile court Judge Joseph Johnston was well-deserved.

"We are thrilled that Justina will finally be returning home," Staver said in a statement. "The family looks forward to putting this 16-month nightmare behind them. Justina and her family now begins the process of healing both physically, emotionally, and spiritually."
Justice for Justina: Judge orders Connecticut girl to be returned to family | Fox News

Last edited:
Massachuessetts is the state that prosecuted the Fells Acres case even though their evidence was trumped up testimony by 5year olds that surpassed belief. They are more Stalinist than Commiefornia.

Long overdue. The poor child's condition has deteriorated significantly during her captivity.

Yeah, now her parents can take her back tot he quacks...

I hope they have good medical insurance.

Yeah Tufts Medical Center is known for having quack doctors.
Joe, isnt it early to be hitting the MD20-20?

I'm sure when her insurance runs out, the folks at Tufts' will declare her 'Cured".

This was a problem of hypochondriac parents subjecting a child to unnecessary treatments.

"I don't want no gummit telling me I can't abuse my child!"

I'm sure when her insurance runs out, the folks at Tufts' will declare her 'Cured".

This was a problem of hypochondriac parents subjecting a child to unnecessary treatments.

JoeB's response to anything:

"TRUST THE GOVERNMENT THEY KNOW BETTER THAN YOU, SLURP SLURP SLURP."

Strikes me that it was the doctors who called the Government on the world's worst parents here.

"Sorry, you're kid doesn't have what you think she has."

"We think she does. We'll take her to some profit center who will subject her to unnecessary treatments!"

Gee, I'm hoping someone calls the government at that point.

Strikes me that it was the doctors who called the Government on the world's worst parents here.

"We think she does. We'll take her to some profit center who will subject her to unnecessary treatments!"

You didnt bother reading the article. Too drunk?

This is fucking Tufts medical center, not some Dr. Nick Riviera fly by night clinic.

The medical profession is a mostly empirical and observational based science. Its why it takes so long to train doctors. its not like engineering or chemistry with observable experimental datum. There are ALWAYS differing opinions between Doctors over what disease a person is suffering from, and how to treat it. What doesn't always happen is some government agency full of bureaucratic assholes getting involved.

She was being treated at Tufts Medical Center! Dude, just fucking STOP with the idiocy!

The only quacks were at Childrens, where she went from an active girl who loved ice skating to a wheelchair-bound cripple who may never walk again.

This was a problem of a child with a medical problem, being misdiagnosed as being mentally ill and illegally detained by some quacks an Mass.

I am beginning to wonder if you get off on being a loutish ignoramus.

This was a problem of a child with a medical problem, being misdiagnosed as being mentally ill and illegally detained by some quacks an Mass.

Really? You've seen her chart?

Hey, here's the thing. She's been in the custody of the state not getting treatment for her imaginary malady for over a year, and she didn't get worse.

Hmmmmm....

Hey, here's the thing. She's been in the custody of the state not getting treatment for her imaginary malady for over a year, and she didn't get worse.

Hmmmmm....

Really? You've seen her chart :rolleyes:

Even Mass DCF agreed she should go home. They effed up, doubled down for months and finally gave up.

Hmmmmm....

Really? You've seen her chart :rolleyes:

Even Mass DCF agreed she should go home. They effed up, doubled down for months and finally gave up.

Or they got her parents to agree to stop taking her to quacks trying to sell them snake oil.

Forum List

Back