Mass Shootings in 2016

I would think muslims shooting people is a REAL risk

I listened to a talk on how we perceive risk: real risk vs. perceived risk, and there is often a big gulf between the two.

Muslims engaging in mass shootings in this country is exceedingly rare but very high profile. If the number in 2016 alone is as high as 359 - how many were conducted by jihadists?

What makes it a "real" risk - a significant risk?

I listened to a talk on how we perceive risk: real risk vs. perceived risk, and there is often a big gulf between the two.

Muslims engaging in mass shootings in this country is exceedingly rare but very high profile. If the number in 2016 alone is as high as 359 - how many were conducted by jihadists?

What makes it a "real" risk - a significant risk?
Of course its more rare. How many muslims are in this country? But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be careful. As your OP points out, we have enough problems. NO need to import more.

Most shootings are by someone the victim knows. Terrorism is a whole other story.

288 or 359 depending on source.

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

Mass Shooting Tracker

The most recent one, Houston is the 19th in Texas.

Almost none of the shootings are perpetrated by Muslims (gang/drug violence seems to be the biggest category).

Maybe we should be looking at real risk rather than perceived risk?

WHen you say real risk, are you talking about mental illness, or Rosie O'Donnell?

Blowing people up is much more effective.
Lol. Yes, their children seem to have good aim...
child_suicide_bomber11.jpg

Your Mass Shootings Tracker leaves most shootings as unknown shooter. Any conclusions you arrive at from that are suspect.

Your Mass Shootings Tracker leaves most shootings as unknown shooter. Any conclusions you arrive at from that are suspect.

Gang violence/drug violence - that is most common. If it was Islamist - it would be all over the media and someone would claim credit. You know that.

Gang violence/drug violence - that is most common. If it was Islamist - it would be all over the media and someone would claim credit. You know that.

The source doesn't really say that, but it is the most likely answer.

Mass Shooting Tracker

Almost none of the shootings are perpetrated by Muslims (gang/drug violence seems to be the biggest category).

rosie------Really? how do you know?. Is there are breakdown by RELIGION in the number of persons killed by muslims by GUNSHOT----vs the number killed by Mormons by gunshot

one of the risks of mass shootings, individual shootings,
throat slitting is------actually ---muslim jihad----one of them.
The mafia is absolutely not coming after ME----or anyone
else in my family. I grew up in an area of the world which
included a known "execution ground" for the Mafia----it did
not touch me at all.

Mass Shooting Tracker

rosie------Really? how do you know?. Is there are breakdown by RELIGION in the number of persons killed by muslims by GUNSHOT----vs the number killed by Mormons by gunshot

one of the risks of mass shootings, individual shootings,
throat slitting is------actually ---muslim jihad----one of them.
The mafia is absolutely not coming after ME----or anyone
else in my family. I grew up in an area of the world which
included a known "execution ground" for the Mafia----it did
not touch me at all.

Mafia vs ISIS....might make a good movie.

Forum List

Back