Mass shooting near school in Baltimore

We should look at banning guns in the gang community.

Don't think there are many gang members that can legally carry a gun

How do they get them then ?

They buy them from white people. Do you know any Black people that make guns?

No, they make spears.
Spearing white woman has nothing to do with making guns.

Illegally.

Steal them, straw buyers, trunk of a car.

But liberals say if we have better background checks, and waiting periods, and stop selling guns to questionable people, then all gun related problems will go away ?

No one says, "if we have better background checks, and waiting periods, and stop selling guns to questionable people, then all gun related problems will go away". Why is this statement is followed by a question mark?

We need a national registry of those persons who should never be permitted to own, possess or have in their custody and control a gun.

There is an FBI record of arrest available to those with a right to know and a need to know, but it only includes some crimes. A national registry would include crimes reported to the DOJ plus crimes which are not now reported and civil issues.

Examples are, CA Penal Code Sec. 647ff is deemed a detention only when a person found to be too intoxicated for their own safety and kept in a county or city/town lockup until they sobered up; persons detained on a civil commitment to a psych ward per CA code W&I as a danger to themselves or others; and, those persons who have been restrained to remain away from a person or place by the court.

Yes, I agree gang members should never be allowed to own a gun. I'm certain a national registry would fix that.

Once again, laws do not prevent crime. We have laws because most people believe in them and some people are also afraid of the punishment. Thus a law prevents some illegal activity but never ever all of it.

That's obvious to all but biased people and stupid people.

But if we create a law that on paper says gang members are not allowed to own guns, surely that will take care of the problem.

Don't think there are many gang members that can legally carry a gun

Illegally.

But liberals say if we have better background checks, and waiting periods, and stop selling guns to questionable people, then all gun related problems will go away ?

No one says, "if we have better background checks, and waiting periods, and stop selling guns to questionable people, then all gun related problems will go away". Why is this statement is followed by a question mark?

We need a national registry of those persons who should never be permitted to own, possess or have in their custody and control a gun.

There is an FBI record of arrest available to those with a right to know and a need to know, but it only includes some crimes. A national registry would include crimes reported to the DOJ plus crimes which are not now reported and civil issues.

Examples are, CA Penal Code Sec. 647ff is deemed a detention only when a person found to be too intoxicated for their own safety and kept in a county or city/town lockup until they sobered up; persons detained on a civil commitment to a psych ward per CA code W&I as a danger to themselves or others; and, those persons who have been restrained to remain away from a person or place by the court.

Yes, I agree gang members should never be allowed to own a gun. I'm certain a national registry would fix that.

I'm certain a national registry would fix that.

How?

Think Loony Lou, and Stick are going to register the guns they just bought out of the trunk of a car?

Or the ones they just stole from someones house?

It already exists....just because everybody doesn't report everything you'd like to it doesn't make it any less real...and it hasn't stopped squat.

Do you have evidence that Mr. or was it Ms. squat was denied the ability to purchase a gun or ammunition?

It seems these guys should not have been able to legally buy a gun, but they did:

John Russell House
Dylan Root
Jared Lee Loughner
James Holmes

You might consider your opinion with a wider view, not a biased myopic one.
based on what?

Yes Virginia, there are stupid questions.
so you have no idea when and where any gun purchase was made. BTW, there is no way for you to know. So all you posted up was your dream last night. You have no legitimate anything to base any registry off of. Like someone else just posted, let's get the heads of all the gangs in the US and abroad on this list so everyone knows who they really are. But for now, you have jack

Illegally.

Once again, laws do not prevent crime. We have laws because most people believe in them and some people are also afraid of the punishment. Thus a law prevents some illegal activity but never ever all of it.

That's obvious to all but biased people and stupid people; a group not necessarily separate as can be proved by reading posts on gun control.

Thus a law prevents some illegal activity but never ever all of it.

Exactly

That's obvious to all but biased people and stupid people;

those would be the people that believe gun control would work.

One Cop got shot miles away from three schools in Fox Lake, IL. All three schools within that three miles went on lock down. No event actually at the school, but there was concern with the children. So you're saying the black students in Baltimore don't get offered the same kind of compassion? Really? BTW, it was a seven hour lock down.

I find this interesting, I can't recall a single school getting shut down from a nearby shooting incident like ever.
read about it on line. Fox Lake, IL Police Death Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz

Note: My apologies on this statement, I'd actually meant in my state, but I'd deleted my original first sentence to avoid sullying the debate parameters "Alaska has a gun ownership rate of like 70-80%" It was not until a few moments after posting I realized I'd not clarified; I cannot recall a single incident up here [in Alaska] is what I meant.
no problem. The same is true for Florida. Since making conceal and carry laws, the crime has dropped quite a bit. Gang areas may not be affected in all states. I know that in Illinois, Chicago gangs are going strong in their effort to destroy the inner cities.

So you support gun control measures?
If there's a gun, I want to control it.
I get it, it's only your rights that matter, not the rights of others.
My right to buy, own, possess, and use a firearm neither harms anyone nor places them in a condition of clear, present and/or immediate danger.
Why should that right be further limited?

My right to buy, own, possess, and use a firearm neither harms anyone nor places them in a condition of clear, present and/or immediate danger.
so he/ she can feel good about him/herself. It's funny stuff. Mandate punishment for use of illegal weapons and watch the crime rate go down. Guantanamo everyone?

so he/ she can feel good about him/herself. It's funny stuff. Mandate punishment for use of illegal weapons and watch the crime rate go down. Guantanamo everyone?

Too small.

How about a new facility....

somewhere close to the middle of the Nevada Test Site?

It already exists....just because everybody doesn't report everything you'd like to it doesn't make it any less real...and it hasn't stopped squat.

Do you have evidence that Mr. or was it Ms. squat was denied the ability to purchase a gun or ammunition?

It seems these guys should not have been able to legally buy a gun, but they did:

John Russell House
Dylan Root
Jared Lee Loughner
James Holmes

You might consider your opinion with a wider view, not a biased myopic one.

You just proved what I said. The system is there, just because it isn't populated the way you wish it was, doesn't make it any less so. So you can do one of three things:

1. Do what you can to get more and better FACTUAL information into the system.
2. Expand the system to include not so factual information, which appears to be your goal. "Hey, you visited a shrink once "NO RIGHTS FOR YOU!!!!"
3. Keep doing nothing but mouthing off and looking stupid.

Temper temper, you seem to have short fuse, and people with a short fuse should never ever possess a gun.

Ah, so calling your BS is exhibiting a temper?
Psst...dummy, you pay me to train people to use guns in your name. Whoops.

Now, which of those three choices do you feel fit your motives best...or feel free to add another, if you can stick to the subject without a bunch of bluff, bluster and BS.

I hope Obama plans to go to their community and harass them about how they need more gun laws to make them safe.

Illegally.

That's obvious to all but biased people and stupid people.

But if we create a law that on paper says gang members are not allowed to own guns, surely that will take care of the problem.

No, no, no. He just said that laws can't prevent crimes. It's obvious that laws are for controlling law-abiding folk to protect the rights of those poor, misunderstood gang members. #ganglivesmatter

Five shot near elementary school in West Baltimore

Why is this only local news? Why did it take someone to forward me this story for me to hear about it? Why isn't this national headlines? Mass shooting - check. Next to a school - check. Why wouldn't liberals and the media jump all over this?
That's not headline news today, only a few people wounded. Top news stories need death, crying parents and school mates. Someone is shot every 5 mins in the US.

Forum List

Back