‘Mass Casualty Incident’ reported following explosion at metal manufacturing plant in Bedford, Ohio; massive response underway

The company buys scrap metals- anything with copper, brass, or bronze in it, and recycles it into pellets and ingots for casting houses.

Producing brass and bronze alloys is very delicate business, the metals have a sort of natural dislike for each other. If the temperatures aren't perfect, and the metals are not introduced in the precise order and quantities, you can get a very violent reaction.

Sounds like a gas furnace explosion, blew molten brass all over creation. RIP for the poor workers.

Looks like it's an old place, probably with old equipment.
Possibly. Been around awhile. I understand it is a going concern and the article itself or another one I read said it had passed safety inspection, but noted foundries are inherently dangerous. I understand they melt metal to make copper and brass ingots. Article was only 3 hours or so old and the time. I expect there will be a better explanation of what happened. Some of the accounts from as much as a block away, were pretty wild with melt and melted metal landing on roofs and the streets. Few injuries. Hope the critical guy makes it. Most injuries, surprisingly were walk ins, probably burns, I figure. I think the critical guy was pulled out from under a pile of metal or something.

EPA Takes Charge of Cleanup In Toxic Ohio Train Derailment.

EAST PALESTINE, Ohio (AP) — Federal environmental regulators on Tuesday took charge of the cleanup from the East Palestine, Ohio train derailment and chemical burn and ordered Norfolk Southern to foot the bill.

The Environmental Protection Agency told Norfolk Southern to take all available measures to clean up contaminated air and water, and also said the company would be required to reimburse the federal government for a new program to provide cleaning services for impacted residents and businesses.

The EPA warned Norfolk Southern that if failed to comply with its order, the agency would perform the work itself and seek triple damages from the company.

The train derailment was solely Trump's fault for rolling back brake upgrade regulations.

Transport Safety Rules Rolled Back Under Trump.

Obama Era Safety Rules For High Hazard Cargo Trains Was Repealed Under Trump.

Trump Administration Rolls Back Rule Requiring new oil Train Brakes.​

The undeniable truth behind the toxic train derailment is this. The Traitor rolled regs on new brakes for toxic car carriers. Saying he did not does not change that truth.

Forum List

Back