Mason Jar Lunches.....

a friend was taking a jar outta my freezer.....she goes....you freeze water in mason jars.....i shook the unfrozen liquid and shook my head...shine dont freeze

it is going for 80 a gal here.....that just sucks

Haha..you can freeze in mason jars, as long as you leave enough headspace for expansion.

If you don't...uh oh. And of course if you hit them against something, they will break.

I used to make freezer strawberry preserves. I am thinking I got the recipe out of an old Farm Journal cookbook, the whereabouts of it now is unknown. Those preserves tasted like fresh strawberries. But I let all my mason jars go when I moved to Nashville. Didn't do any canning there. I did make some salt sour relish in an old stone jar I had and the kids ate it up before I got any of it.

Mason jars last longer than glasses in my house.

Plus they hold more, and they're more stable.

I only had a few until I went on my canning kick, but now we have lots of them! I have a whole case of pint jars that I haven't opened yet...and I have jars of the stuff I've canned...and cooked...and eaten...floating around. Those are what we drink out of...

And my daughter used them for her 4th grade science project to put specimens in...tiny 4 oz jars for the small specimens, and quart jars for the big ones. Pints for everything in between. They worked great!

Having seen this Hitchcock episode, I'm not so sure I wanna go there...

jar.jpg

What is it?

No spoilers. :D

Forum List

Back