Maryanne Trump Barry about Donald Trump

Former White House chief of staff John Kelly said that if he were a member of President Donald Trump's Cabinet he would support using the 25th Amendment to the Constitution to remove the President from office following a deadly riot at the US Capitol.

Tom Bossert, who previously served as former President Donald Trump's Homeland Security adviser, took aim at the ex-president for failing to "pressure" Russia and hold the adversarial nation accountable following cyberattacks.

The U.S. has seen several ransomware hacks carried out by Russian government-backed hackers and other hacking groups based in Russia in recent months. Cyberattacks have been on the rise for years, with analysts warning that the U.S. must do more to protect critical infrastructure. Bossert commented on the U.S. response, taking aim at Trump during Thursday remarks at the virtual Yale CEO Summit.

"Trump didn't put any pressure whatsoever on Russia, in fact he gave them latitude to act and regroup," Bossert said. The former Trump administration official went on to say that the problem right now is "short term risk."

"Biden has indicated his willingness to hold Russia accountable in some way for the pipeline attack, even though it was carried out by a criminal organization," the ex-Trump adviser said. "That's a big leap forward."

(full article online)

Sadder but finally wiser, Sims observes that the president "hadn't lifted a finger for countless loyal aides before me and ...wouldn't for countless aides to come." Concluding the book's final page, Sims notes that he had "let my personal relationship to the president blind me to the one unfailing truth that applied to anyone with whom he didn't share a last name: we were all disposable."

Sims suggests one way to understand the loyalty of Trump's evangelical backers. They are thankful for his defeat of Hillary Clinton (a nemesis for many religious conservatives) and for his subsequent recasting of the Supreme Court and the broader federal judiciary. Beyond that, Sims and his cohort seem to appreciate Trump as a flawed vessel who is nonetheless serving what they regard as a godly cause.

At times, Sims seems highly perceptive, as when he writes the following:

"Trump believes he alone, often through sheer force of will, can solve certain problems... Layered on top of that is his belief that all of life is a negotiation, and that every negotiation is a zero-sum game. There's no such thing as a 'win–win;' someone will win and someone will lose. Layered on top of that is his belief that personal relationships are paramount... And layered on top of that is his belief that creating chaos gives him an advantage because he's more comfortable in the mayhem than anyone else."
But Sims also maintains that, despite everything, "it's dang near impossible to spend one-on-one time with Donald Trump and not end up liking him."

In the movies, Mr. Smith stands by his principles and prevails. In Sims's story, the hero descends into disillusionment, but not before enjoying the ride and some of its thrills.

Omarosa Manigault Newman, former director of communications for the White House Office of Public Liaison

“Donald Trump, who would attack civil rights icons and professional athletes, who would go after grieving black widows, who would say there were good people on both sides, who endorsed an accused child molester; Donald Trump, and his decisions and his behavior, was harming the country. I could no longer be a part of this madness,” she wrote in her book.

Former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci

Scaramucci initially continued to defend the President after being fired from his job at the White House – a stint that lasted less than two weeks.

But last year, after Trump visited El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, following two mass shootings, Scaramucci described the visits as a “catastrophe.”

“For the last 3 years I have fully supported this President,” Scaramucci tweeted in September 2019. “Recently he has said things that divide the country in a way that is unacceptable. So I didn’t pass the 100% litmus test. Eventually he turns on everyone and soon it will be you and then the entire country.”

A month earlier, Scaramucci had called Trump’s attacks on four minority congresswomen “racist and unacceptable.”

He no longer supports Trump’s reelection bid.

Trump is an asshole and he’s not very smart. He proclaimed he would empty the swamp, then surrounded himself with establishment party people. Not smart.

However, how is Biden any better? He’s a long time corrupt lying politician who has done all he could to support the 1%. Just as did O and W.

This is what Americans get to vote for in their presidents.
Its our own fault, party over country, Hero worship over common sense

Gary Cohn, President Donald Trump’s former chief economic adviser, expressed concerns about the fierce loyalism among current aides of the president, saying he is worried no one is left in the White House to challengeTrump.

“I am concerned that the atmosphere in the White House is no longer conducive or no one has the personality to stand up and tell the president what he doesn’t want to hear,” Cohn, the former director of the National Economic Council, said in an hourlong interview on The Axe Files podcast.

“We were not bashful,” he said of the initial group of White House staffers following Trump’s inauguration. “It was a group that was willing to tell the president what he needed to know whether he wanted to hear it or not.”

“None of us are there anymore,” Cohn added.

The former president and CEO of Goldman Sachs underscored his “brutally honest” relationship with the president — a dynamic he said he hoped every adviser would have with any president.

“I advise some of the most important companies in the world. I made my reputation and brand in life by telling them the truth. … I wasn’t going to treat the president of the United States any differently. If he wanted to fire me, he could fire me.”

But Trump did not unceremoniously remove him from the White House, despite their constant headbutting. Cohn was instrumental in driving the tax reform policy that Trump has hailed as one of his administration’s major accomplishments, and the aide decided to stay on even after threatening to resign over Trump’s controversial comments following white supremacist attacks in Charlottesville.

“My ultimate decision to leave started with Charlottesville,” said Cohn, who cited his family history of Jews escaping Nazi Germany as a major influence on his disagreements with Trump. “These are very difficult conversations… You’re literally telling him things he does not want to hear, that he vehemently disagrees with you. You know that before you walk in. it’s not like you’re confused where his position is.”

Cohn agreed to see through his tax reform policy, which he called “very important” for the country, before departing in 2018.

The former aide also commented on controversy that has led to impeachment hearings, saying he was “surprised” by the withheld Ukrainian military aid.

(full article online)

“A 2024 declaration of his candidacy serves no interest but his self-defeating and overwhelming need for relevance, attention and money. Such an announcement also does not inoculate him from criminal investigation.

“He is a disaster for the Republican Party for which he prevented a Senate majority in 2020 and, as time will demonstrate, has already done the same for 2022 with his endorsements of unelectable candidates all based on their loyalty or his own driving desire for revenge.

“The Big Lie has been good only for Trump and has brought him millions in donations, which some evidence suggests may have been mishandled. The Big Lie, and the related violence, election interference and other perceived misconduct, was and is an affront to this nation and its first principles. It has permanently soiled the history pages and deepened the abyss that divides our country and continues to expand due to the delusions and lack of accountability of politicians in both parties.

“It should be disqualifying for Trump and his political acolytes, and would have been at any other time in our history. To modify a well known Seinfeld quote—SANITY NOW!

“The country needs desperately to move on with new and actual leadership from a younger generation. New leadership must return to serving and championing our Constitutional form of government and its three essential pillars and accompanying checks and balances.

“Because of the grand design of that Constitution and the courage of those who preceded us, the United States has led the world, fought tyranny, and promoted peace and freedom in our two and a half centuries. Now we must unite and save our own country—right now, while there is time.”

(full article online)

President Donald Trump is on the way out of office—perhaps even earlier than the Jan. 20 inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden. But the legacy he leaves behind—not just in terms of increasingly polarized domestic politics but also in terms of foreign policy—will greatly shape the next administration right out of the gate.

The Trump administration spent years ramping up the confrontation with China, with little to show for it. The “maximum pressure” campaign on Iran only redoubled Tehran’s development of nuclear materials. Russian efforts to undermine NATO have continued undeterred. And U.S. relations with traditional allies have grown more frayed.

(full article online)

In a new interview, former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson had nothing nice to say about what President Donald Trump will be leaving behind next week.

Speaking with Foreign Policy, Tillerson — a former ExxonMobil executive who served as Trump's first secretary of state from 2017 to 2018 before being fired; and who faced his own criticism — said that, in his view, "nothing worked out" with Trump's foreign policy decisions.

"We squandered the best opportunity we had on North Korea. It was just blown up when he took the meeting with Kim [Jong Un], and that was one of the last straws between him and I," Tillerson told Foreign Policy. "With [Russia's Vladimir] Putin, we didn't get anything done. We're nowhere with China on national security."

"We're in a worse place today than we were before he came in, and I didn't think that was possible," Tillerson, 68, added.

There's little love lost between the president and his former top diplomat: Tillerson, echoing previous statements about working for Trump, said that the president is grossly limited in his "understanding of global events, his understanding of global history" and hamstrung by his own attention span.

"It's really hard to have a conversation with someone who doesn't even understand the concept for why we're talking about this," Tillerson said.

He went on: "I had to constantly evaluate my last conversations with [the president] — what seemed to resonate, what seemed to get across, what didn't — and I would try different approaches with him. I used to go into meetings with a list of four to five things I needed to talk to him about, and I quickly learned that if I got to three, it was a home run, and I realized getting two that were meaningful was probably the best objective."

Tillerson even began bringing charts and pictures into his meetings with Trump, 74, because he found that those "seemed to hold his attention better," he said.

The president could not even hold a sustained conversation, according to Tillerson.

"If I could put a photo or a picture in front of him or a map or a piece of paper that had two big bullet points on it, he would focus on that, and I could build on that," Tillerson said. "Just sitting and trying to have a conversation as you and I are having just doesn't work."

(full article online)

Its our own fault, party over country, Hero worship over common sense
Don’t blame the people. That’s a typical cop out and one the establishment prefers you believe.

Blame the establishment. They control everything and have effectively divided the people for their gain.

When we get to vote for two jackasses who are very similar and who only care about the concerns of their big donors, the system is the problem.

It doesn't even bother you that Trump has nothing but contempt for our military?
Case in point.

As I said:

Meaningless garbage, but the Democrats are so pathetic and deranged, they'll grasp at anything at this point.

Former President Trump’s Justice Department pushed for a criminal investigation of former Secretary of State John Kerry, an ex-U.S. attorney revealed in a new book, according to The New York Times.

The push for an investigation of Kerry was one of several instances in which Trump’s Justice Department pressured the U.S. attorney’s office in Manhattan to take action against the then-president’s critics, according to Geoffrey Berman, the former U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York. Berman was fired by Trump in June 2020.

In May 2018, the Justice Department told Berman’s office it would be investigating Kerry’s Iran-related conduct, Berman details in his new book “Holding the Line,” out Tuesday, according to the Times.

The request came days after Trump publicly attacked Kerry on Twitter over the Iran nuclear deal, which he helped negotiate as head of the State Department in the Obama administration, Berman said. Trump withdrew the U.S. from the accords around the same time.

“The conduct that had annoyed the president was now a priority of the Department of Justice,” Berman wrote, according to the Times.

After Berman’s office declined to prosecute Kerry, the request was sent to another U.S. attorney’s office, in Maryland, which also declined to prosecute, Berman said in his book, according to the Times.

In another case of what he described as a “clear” and “outrageous” pattern, Berman said the Justice Department referred a case against Gregory Craig, former White House counsel for the Obama administration, to his office.

Berman claims he was asked to charge Craig prior to the midterm elections in order to “even things out,” according to the Times. The case was similarly shuffled around to another U.S. attorney’s office after Berman declined to prosecute.

Trump’s Justice Department also sought to block cases against the former president’s allies, including his personal lawyer Michael Cohen, Berman noted in his book, according to the Times.

As president, Trump often publicly and privately said he wanted prosecutors to lay off his allies and go after his perceived political enemies — from top Democrats like Hillary Clinton and the Bidens, to his own former appointees like John Bolton, to former FBI officials like James Comey and Andrew McCabe.

These demands ran up against a Justice Department culture that prized independence from the White House on criminal matters. Trump’s demands for prosecutions were usually legally dubious if not utterly groundless, and even many of his own DOJ appointees were reluctant to pursue them. As I wrote in August 2020, there was effectively a dam preventing the president’s corrupt or political pressures from crashing through and flooding the DOJ — but, as Trump’s term stretched on, that dam began to spring more and more leaks.

Berman, in his telling, was part of the dam. And according to the Times, his book provides new details on how he faced private pressure to prosecute two Trump targets in particular: former Secretary of State John Kerry and former Obama White House Counsel Greg Craig. In both cases, Berman reveals a troubling pattern: Once he concluded no charges were merited, top Trump appointees working under the attorney general simply reassigned each case to another US Attorney’s office in the hope of a different outcome.

Trump allegedly concocted an investigation into John Kerry​

Back in May 2018, the Boston Globe reported that Kerry, who left public office at the end of the Obama administration, had recently engaged in “some unusual shadow diplomacy with a top-ranking Iranian official” — specifically, he’d met Iran’s foreign minister to discuss Obama’s Iran nuclear deal, which Trump was about to withdraw from.

Trump was furious about this report, tweeting on May 7 that this was “possibly illegal” for Kerry to do. Two days later, Berman claims that Justice Department officials assigned an investigation of Kerry to his US Attorney’s office, per the Times.

Trump wanted Kerry prosecuted under the Logan Act, which bans private citizens from conducting US foreign policy. The law was last used in 1852; some legal experts now view it as a “dead letter” and question its constitutionality.

However, when the FBI investigated Trump advisers’ links to Russia, they did research whether the Logan Act would apply to Michael Flynn’s conversations with the Russian ambassador before Trump took office — though they never came close to bringing charges related to it.

(full article online)

Donald Trump 's sister has told the truth about him to her niece Mary L. Trump.

Regardless of those truths, many have not heard or read them, and many have chosen to not believe or disregard what she has said.

But it is the truth, nevertheless, and a truth which shows where part of the country has gone to, or chosen to go to. Power. Power to control elections, power to control other people's rights. Power to not concede an election lost and do whatever can be done to overturn it. Power to take classified documents, leaving office as a citizen, to one's home.

If only more people would have listened to her words and others who have been warning, or had warned about Trump during his candidacy or afterwards. How long will it take?

The rivalrous sister uglier criticizes Trump based on religion, and all she can say next is "goddamned."

Wait till she gets to St. Peter's and hasta 'splain why she used the Lord's name in vain against his servant, since she used it as hatefully as she possibly could. I'm surprised you missed that one. The woman hates him because he got more than she did when their father passed because she was hateful to him, too.

Forum List

Back