Martin Polikoff on Global warming..

I confess I had to look up who Martyn Poliakoff was, an accomplished British chemist and popular lecturer. Video was basic stuff, but correct stuff. The part that was new to me was how magnesium is able to burn in a pure CO2 atmosphere.

Since the video was so basic, it totally sailed over most denier heads, and thus they had to resort to their usual deflections. That's why the whole planet ignores them now, if they're lucky. Whenever a denier speaks in public, they get laughed out of the room, so they've had to retreat to these message boards to do their pissing and moaning.

Last edited:
Wait a minute. Half this graph falls in the period of the great global cooling hysteria. What's up with that? Furthermore, how much of this graph falls in the great warmiecoolie transition phase? Sorry, but I don't believe shit from any useful idiot global warmie snake oil salesman, nor does 90% of the American public. Go back to the your Bay Area billionaire puppet masters and tell them "no dice".

What is up is that there was NEVER a great global cooling hysteria. A handful of scientists made a claim in the 1970s in a couple of papers which were not widely accepted and yet people like you don't do their homework and have latched onto it ever since. That's what is up with that.

Oh my. They've really got you by the gonads, don't they? The coolie hysteria was sufficient to spark at least three Time Magazine covers, two Newsweek covers and countless chicken little televison scares. That went on for years. I was there.

Did the media run with it? Yes they did, as they always do any sensational bit of news. The fact of the matter is that only a handful of scientists ever made that claim. It was not well received in the scientific community. And dude, I was there too. I am a geologist and have been for 24 years.

Wait a minute. Half this graph falls in the period of the great global cooling hysteria. What's up with that? Furthermore, how much of this graph falls in the great warmiecoolie transition phase? Sorry, but I don't believe shit from any useful idiot global warmie snake oil salesman, nor does 90% of the American public. Go back to the your Bay Area billionaire puppet masters and tell them "no dice".

What is up is that there was NEVER a great global cooling hysteria. A handful of scientists made a claim in the 1970s in a couple of papers which were not widely accepted and yet people like you don't do their homework and have latched onto it ever since. That's what is up with that.

Oh my. They've really got you by the gonads, don't they? The coolie hysteria was sufficient to spark at least three Time Magazine covers, two Newsweek covers and countless chicken little televison scares. That went on for years. I was there.

http://www.climatemonitor.it/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/1974.pdf

the "western world's leading climatologists" convinced the CIA that we were headed back into a Little Ice Age. someone tell me again that it was just a media hysteria that no one was paying attention to.

All that paper does is demonstrate that in 1974 we knew very little about long term trends wrt climate change, and recommendations were made for a lot more funding of agencies like NOAA in order to make advances in our knowledge of climate change. Next.

Have you ever noticed that the first thing warmies do when caught with their pants down, is to start pasting up meaningless graphs, the first one hundred thousand of which have all been proven to be bullshit, but in no way will that prevent them from pasting up another one hundred thousand.

Have you ever noticed that the first thing warmies do when caught with their pants down, is to start pasting up meaningless graphs, the first one hundred thousand of which have all been proven to be bullshit, but in no way will that prevent them from pasting up another one hundred thousand.

You post a meaningless CIA memo as evidence against global warming that isn't actually evidence against global warming but does promote funding for NOAA, and then criticize the very NOAA that publishes the graphs that dare to refute your claims. Put the bottle down, son before you make a fool out of yourself.

This does not explain why you arrived on this thread and immediately posted some VERY obvious lies about Arctic Ice.

A genuine question here - what for you is the point of making claims you know to be false?

does anyone want to discuss the video I put up? It had facts and other things people don't like, but Ir was very informative and entertaining too.

what part did you want to discuss?

The Tragedy of the commons is an economics theory by Garrett Hardin, which says that individuals acting independently and rationally according to each one's self-interest, behave contrary to the whole group's long-term best interests by depleting some common resource.

this?

or fun with dry ice? me and my boys have had lots of entertainment out of dry ice with only one near calamity. never tried burning magnesium in a CO2 vessel though.

This does not explain why you arrived on this thread and immediately posted some VERY obvious lies about Arctic Ice.

A genuine question here - what for you is the point of making claims you know to be false?

You know mamasan, if I started getting this critical of the mountains of bullshit you paste up on the board, I'd never have time for anyone else's posts. I already told you that 500,000 sq. miles was a typo. We don't often use the metric system in the US as our spatial paradigm for measuring things like new ice. It should have read "500,000 sq. kilometers". I already told you that. Now pipe down.

Tom -

Try answering the question. This has nothing to do with your typo. They happen.

Why did you lie and pretend that Arctic Ice is growing, when you obviously know precisely the opposite is true?

This is the reality:

Sea ice extent in October averaged 8.06 million square kilometers (3.11 million square miles). This is 850,000 square kilometers (328,000 square miles) below the 1981 to 2010 long-term average of 8.91 million square kilometers (3.44 million square miles) and 1.29 million square kilometers (498,000 square miles) above the record low for the month observed in 2007.

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

Why did you post the opposite?

Last edited:
sea-ice-anomaly-1975-1990.jpg

I confess I had to look up who Martyn Poliakoff was, an accomplished British chemist and popular lecturer. Video was basic stuff, but correct stuff. The part that was new to me was how magnesium is able to burn in a pure CO2 atmosphere.

Since the video was so basic, it totally sailed over most denier heads, and thus they had to resort to their usual deflections. That's why the whole planet ignores them now, if they're lucky. Whenever a denier speaks in public, they get laughed out of the room, so they've had to retreat to these message boards to do their pissing and moaning.

"Laughed out of the room"???:biggrin::biggrin::eusa_dance:

s0n......your brain navigates only in the ozone layer above Disney...........

"the whole planet ignores them, now if they are lucky...."

Einstein doesn't get that 2/3rds of the American public doesn't give a crap about global warming according to 2014 Gallup poll >>>

Poll Global warming no big threat to USA life

Who's not winning?

Like Ive said......nobody cares about the science except the AGW k00ks.:boobies::boobies::fu:

The only thing that counts is that 93% of Americans believe global warming hyperbole is complete bullshit. Can you blame them in light of morons like you spreading your crap all over the Internet?

And more lies.....

Nearly two in three Americans (63%) believe global warming is happening. Relatively few – only 16 percent – believe it is not. However, since Fall 2012, the percentage of Americans who believe global warming is happening has dropped 7 points to 63%, likely influenced by the relatively cold winter of 2012-13 in the United States and an unusually cold March just before the survey was conducted. - See more at: Americans 8217 Global Warming Beliefs and Attitudes in April 2013 Yale Project on Climate Change Communication

You're not actually terribly smart, are you Tom?

The only thing that counts is that 93% of Americans believe global warming hyperbole is complete bullshit. Can you blame them in light of morons like you spreading your crap all over the Internet?

Science is hard. Delusions are easy. Which is why 93% of Americans (according to you) believe global warming is complete bullshit. No one ever said Americans were smart.

All that paper does is demonstrate that in 1974 we knew very little about long term trends wrt climate change, and recommendations were made for a lot more funding of agencies like NOAA in order to make advances in our knowledge of climate change. Next.

Hundreds of billions spent and in 2014 we still know very little about long term trends regarding climate change....prove me wrong by describing precisely how energy moves through the system highlighting all proven feedbacks both positive and negative.

You know mamasan, if I started getting this critical of the mountains of bullshit you paste up on the board, I'd never have time for anyone else's posts. I already told you that 500,000 sq. miles was a typo. We don't often use the metric system in the US as our spatial paradigm for measuring things like new ice. It should have read "500,000 sq. kilometers". I already told you that. Now pipe down.

You should throw in some spelling and punctuation errors as well..pointing them out is the only time they get to be right.

Science is hard. Delusions are easy. Which is why 93% of Americans (according to you) believe global warming is complete bullshit. No one ever said Americans were smart.

There is hard science and there is soft science...climate science is not hard science.

Forum List

Back