Martin Bashir kicked out of MSNBC

Martin Bashir quits at MSNBC over Palin slur | Fox News

Martin Bashir has resigned from MSNBC, nearly three weeks after delivering a scathing personal attack on Sarah Palin that brought him widespread condemnation.

The afternoon talk show host, a former co-anchor of "Nightline," says he decided to leave the network after meeting with MSNBC President Phil Griffin.

Bashir had already apologized for what he called "offensive" comments about the former Alaska governor, whom he also called an "idiot" and "dunce." He told viewers in a scripted commentary last month that someone should defecate in Palin's mouth.

If MSNBC had ANY class at all it would have terminated Bashir for cause, not allow him to resign.

Guess what would have happened to Bill O'Reilly if he said the same thing about Hillary Clinton!

Last edited:

Martin Bashir has resigned from MSNBC, nearly three weeks after delivering a scathing personal attack on Sarah Palin that brought him widespread condemnation.

The afternoon talk show host, a former co-anchor of "Nightline," says he decided to leave the network after meeting with MSNBC President Phil Griffin.

Bashir had already apologized for what he called "offensive" comments about the former Alaska governor, whom he also called an "idiot" and "dunce." He told viewers in a scripted commentary last month that someone should defecate in Palin's mouth.

If MSNBC had ANY class at all it would have terminated Bashir for cause, not allow him to resign.

Guess what would have happened to Bill O'Reilly if he said the same thing about Hillary Clinton!

She may take him up on that notion.

He would have been FIRED, and rightfully so. MSNBC obviously has different and lower standards.

Contracts were involved so I understand the delay but honest to goodness...................

What can one say? And never let any progressive on this board stand up and defend him as they have.

Always remember who they are. They are your enemy.

He would have been FIRED, and rightfully so. MSNBC obviously has different and lower standards.
MSNBC has no standards, as proven by the continued presence of Al Sharpton.

I'm telling you right from the get go if any one and I mean anyone starts to pull bullshit on Hillary I will personally take them out in a campaign like you wouldn't believe.

I'll hit Hillary with every thing I have on her and work boards unless of course our side decides to run "jeb" :lol: and at that point in time I will become a Clinton cheer leader.

So many choices up and coming.

I'm telling you right from the get go if any one and I mean anyone starts to pull bullshit on Hillary I will personally take them out in a campaign like you wouldn't believe.

I'll hit Hillary with every thing I have on her and work boards unless of course our side decides to run "jeb" :lol: and at that point in time I will become a Clinton cheer leader.

So many choices up and coming.

I'm pretty sure nobody will call for defecating in Hillary's mouth.
The left media already is willing to eat her shit and the right media has more respect for people.

The story claims he "resigned".

Yep. Just like Nixon "resigned".

Another one bites the dust.

But... will anyone notice?

PMSNBC has been losing half their viewers every year. Bashir is actually one of the more minor reason why. When will they get around to kicking out the ones that are REALLY driving their own audience away?

----------------------------------------------

Martin Bashir Resigns From MSNBC | Mediaite

Martin Bashir Resigns From MSNBC

by Tommy Christopher | 2:35 pm, December 4th, 201333

Just over two weeks ago, MSNBC host Martin Bashir delivered a harsh piece of commentary that culminated in the suggestion that someone should “s-h-i-t” in former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin‘s (R-AK) mouth. Bashir offered an abject apology on his next broadcast, but a chorus of critics continued to demand action against the host. After a reported “vacation” for the host earlier this week, Bashir announced, Wednesday afternoon, that MSNBC and Martin Bashir are parting ways.
I'm very saddened that it came to this. I don't know why the bigwhigs at msnbc cave like they do.

He didn't have to resign.

He should not have.

Nice job lying in the title shithead, but that's expected from radical right wing idiots like yourself. Take a truth (he resigns) then just make up a lie (he was fired) and believe it as the truth :cuckoo:
Let's face it Black...he was forced out.

Right after the debacle he took a sudden extra vacation.

Then he resigned.

I was wondering why everybody else BUT Bashir was hosting his show.

I'm saddened by this. I really like Bashir, he's a good fighter...like Big Ed.

*sigh*

PMSNBC has been losing half their viewers every year. Bashir is actually one of the more minor reason why. When will they get around to kicking out the ones that are REALLY driving their own audience away?

Just over two weeks ago, MSNBC host Martin Bashir delivered a harsh piece of commentary that culminated in the suggestion that someone should “s-h-i-t” in former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin‘s (R-AK) mouth. Bashir offered an abject apology on his next broadcast, but a chorus of critics continued to demand action against the host. After a reported “vacation” for the host earlier this week, Bashir announced, Wednesday afternoon, that MSNBC and Martin Bashir are parting ways.
I'm very saddened that it came to this. I don't know why the bigwhigs at msnbc cave like they do.

He should not have.

Nice job lying in the title shithead, but that's expected from radical right wing idiots like yourself. Take a truth (he resigns) then just make up a lie (he was fired) and believe it as the truth :cuckoo:

Then he resigned.

*sigh*

"Fighter"? Hardly. He's a closet coward who can talk tough in front of a camera but if the chips were truly down he'd cry like a baby.

A little harsh? Like the idiots here who say Hitler was misunderstood? That was just beyond the pale revolting.

What does this have to do with the OP? I will agree that this country has a dark future, at the rate we're going.

The "free stuff" she is referring to: what exactly is it? Is she speaking of entitlement programs, or the 17,000 Americans who allegedly have Swiss bank accounts, that are possibly full of decades of tax evasion? :doubt:

bashir was simply the fall guy

msnbc knew what he was going to say

A little harsh? Like the idiots here who say Hitler was misunderstood? That was just beyond the pale revolting.

What does this have to do with the OP? I will agree that this country has a dark future, at the rate we're going.

The "free stuff" she is referring to: what exactly is it? Is she speaking of entitlement programs, or the 17,000 Americans who allegedly have Swiss bank accounts, that are possibly full of decades of tax evasion? :doubt:

I get it, you hate Jews and mock our spelling of G-d.

that is their standard

who else could they get to say that crap

He should not have.

Then he resigned.

*sigh*

"Fighter"? Hardly. He's a closet coward who can talk tough in front of a camera but if the chips were truly down he'd cry like a baby.

What a stupid comment. He said it on camera, you keyboard commandos are the cowards.

Please stop whining, you all are making me laugh.

:happy-1:

He should not have.

Then he resigned.

*sigh*

What a stupid comment. He said it on camera, you keyboard commandos are the cowards.

Please stop whining, you all are making me laugh.

:laugh2:

Nutter Playbook Chapter 6 Section 1

Pronounced Fake Outrage Must Be Followed By Feigned Indifference

When a liberal of some note....especially a television personality.....utters a politically incorrect comment aimed at a famous nutter, the order of action is as follows:

1. Express Extreme Outrage
2. Say that if it was a conservative who said that, liberals would be going CRAZY.
3. Equate the comment with every nasty thing that a conservative has ever said.
4. Demonize all liberals. Especially if the offender is not fired and/ or jailed within minutes.
5. When the offender is eventually punished in some way..and this is VITAL....pretend that you have never heard of him/ her and that you don't really care either way. We must not allow ourselves to be labeled as PC police......ever.

I practice #4 daily and I don't need any outrage to proceed it.

You guys are wack

Forum List

Back