Marriage Equality and the Catholic Church

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
6500480-3x2-340x227.jpg

In 1987 the Catholic Church dominated social and political debate in Ireland. When there was a referendum to allow divorce, the vote was a resounding no. Last weekend people across Ireland ignored the pleas of the Catholic Church and voted overwhelmingly to legalise gay marriage. So what has changed in the past 30 years?

AUDIO
Marriage Equality and the Catholic Church - Late Night Live - ABC Radio National Australian Broadcasting Corporation

Western Civilization is in decline, and many millions have turned their back on Christianity, the religion that defines the West. We only have a few more decades, at best. I won't live to see the end, but my children will.

Western Civilization is in decline, and many millions have turned their back on Christianity, the religion that defines the West. We only have a few more decades, at best. I won't live to see the end, but my children will.
Christians have been saying that for 2,000 years.
Same sex marriage is a Trojan Horse. The real goal of the left is to destroy the institution of marriage, destroy the power of parents over their children, and to have all children raised by the state. This happened in the kibbutzes in Israel.

Same sex marriage is a Trojan Horse. The real goal of the left is to destroy the institution of marriage, destroy the power of parents over their children, and to have all children raised by the state. This happened in the kibbutzes in Israel.
You sound like a crazy person. You should spend more time spreading the word of Jesus than sounding like a crazy person.

You sound like a crazy person. You should spend more time spreading the word of Jesus than sounding like a crazy person.
Did you even bother to look at what the kibbutzes did? No, you didn't. Hostility to the family is a basic principal of the left. It is not a coincidence that families are breaking apart, the divorce rate is high, and there are so many women having children outside of marriage. All of these trends were caused by the left.

Did you even bother to look at what the kibbutzes did? No, you didn't. Hostility to the family is a basic principal of the left. It is not a coincidence that families are breaking apart, the divorce rate is high, and there are so many women having children outside of marriage. All of these trends were caused by the left.
You should ask Rush Limbaugh's 4th wife for her opinion about that.

You're not really debating me, you are just trying to provoke a negative reaction. I deem you nothing more than a troll and I will no longer pay attention to anything you say.

You're not really debating me, you are just trying to provoke a negative reaction. I deem you nothing more than a troll and I will no longer pay attention to anything you say.
Cool. Go spread Jesus' message of love and hope. Stop rambling about how you hate that the left wing is trying to do some good for the world and it pisses you off.

I did not notice one thing you said that I disagree with.
Nor did I notice one thing you said that would turn that other poster into some tragic figure. No, I do not know him personally and maybe his words do not represent his soul, but what he says sounds so lame (to me) and his excuses or his examples mean nothing. Yes, this world's demise is at our doorstep, especially in the West. But as long as the left celebrates immorality, sexual perversions, abortion on demand, gay marriage, Hollyweird, an increase in atheism, the degeneration of a culture, the degeneration of youth into self-absorption, rudeness, laziness, hedonism, and silliness --- then what can we do but pray?

At the time of the American Revolution, about 1 in 3 babies in New England were born out of wedlock. Ben Franklin commented on how strict and joyless New Englanders were, but they didn't seem to worry about bastards running around. It just wasn't an issue until the Victorian age and how everything had to be oh, so proper.

6500480-3x2-340x227.jpg

In 1987 the Catholic Church dominated social and political debate in Ireland. When there was a referendum to allow divorce, the vote was a resounding no. Last weekend people across Ireland ignored the pleas of the Catholic Church and voted overwhelmingly to legalise gay marriage. So what has changed in the past 30 years? ,,,

Interesting question, because unipolar marriages are still impossible. The political elites in the western world like to [re-]define a competly new form of marriage, what has absolutelly nothing to do any longer with this what was called thirty - or even thirtythousand - years ago "marriage". The base of a family was in former times always a mother with her child. Marriage woved a man into the band of love of a mother to her child. Mothers and their children are often alone today - and on the other side we have now man-man-connections what try to be protected like married people - while in former times men protected their families. I guess what changed in the last 30 years is it that women are suffering more now and men lost their identity and became more superflous, while all european nations are dying out the same time. Maybe even life itselve is not any longer in the interest of our own people.

Last edited:
The opposition Labor Party put forward a bill yesterday replacing the words “man and woman” with the term “two people” to define who can be legally married.

In a TV debate on the issue yesterday Grahame Morris, a Conservative commentator and former advisor to the ruling Liberal party, said that both the country and parliament ‘aren’t ready’ to vote on same-sex marriage.

He said that he felt that Australia is being bumped into a vote after Ireland’s referendum, describing Irish people as a people who “can’t grow potatoes”:

The trigger was a vote in Ireland. Now I love the Irish, the parliament is full of Irishmen but these are people who can’t grow potatoes, they’ve got a mutant lawn weed as their national symbol and they can’t verbalise the difference between tree and the number three. But, and then all of a sudden, Australia has to follow suit.
“I have a feeling this could end up like that stupid referendum on a republic where the electorate wasn’t ready,” he added.

“The parliament wasn’t ready and you’ve got to put it off for another ten years. This is going to be divisive and I’m just not even sure the parliament is ready.”

VIDEO

These are people who can t grow potatoes Ireland dragged into Australia s gay marriage debate

Which is actually one in the same.

Ignorant, hyperbolic nonsense.

Western Civilization is not in 'decline,' and that some are rejecting Christianity is the consequence of the failings of the religion.

... Western Civilization is not in 'decline,' and that some are rejecting Christianity is the consequence of the failings of the religion.

Sorry. But I had to see in my life an american mother who had to go in war in Iraq. A short time ago I heard from married men who were paying poor women in Asia to bear them children with their own genetical code. A german women got artificially pregnant in the age of 64 in the Ukraine and has now quads. Her children will not be sane. As far as I know this all breaks our laws in Germany and we can do nothing against. We are tolerating ourselve progressively to suffer and death. But what has this to do with "failings of the religion"?

Last edited:

What a bunch of rubbish. I am a Republican and a Christian and even I don't view the left's attempts at legalizing gay marriage to be motivated by a desire to destroy the institution of marriage. This is exactly the kind of propaganda that we see from both sides that creates polarization in society

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
So, the Jews in Israel are working to destroy marriage?

Nor did I notice one thing you said that would turn that other poster into some tragic figure. No, I do not know him personally and maybe his words do not represent his soul, but what he says sounds so lame (to me) and his excuses or his examples mean nothing. Yes, this world's demise is at our doorstep, especially in the West. But as long as the left celebrates immorality, sexual perversions, abortion on demand, gay marriage, Hollyweird, an increase in atheism, the degeneration of a culture, the degeneration of youth into self-absorption, rudeness, laziness, hedonism, and silliness --- then what can we do but pray?
The sky is falling!

The sky is falling!

So you do not believe in a final judgment, heaven and hell then I take it?

No wonder our priorities will rarely cross paths.

Forum List

Back