Mark Lev-in showed up as a blip on my Phony Radar

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
approx. 2 weeks ago I heard Mark Levin on the radio, he said

"You don't understand , you WANT a trade deficit"

He's trying to imply a "deficit" means we're selling more than we're buying

i'm no economy expert, but that's not the way they calculate that sht.

They calculate the monetary amount of merchandise moved.

China makes 20 trillion selling to us, and we make 50 bucks selling to them, that's a "deficit" for us.

...and that's why they call it a "deficit" and not a surplus or profit.

For the amount of detail Mark Levin goes into, there's no way this is a simple mistake.

Siding with the Democrats? supporting sending manufacturing jobs to China? Trying to help confuse the topic?

all I have to say is , highly suspicious Mr Levin.

latest

approx. 2 weeks ago I heard Mark Levin on the radio, he said

"You don't understand , you WANT a trade deficit"

He's trying to imply a "deficit" means we're selling more than we're buying

i'm no economy expert, but that's not the way they calculate that sht.

They calculate the monetary amount of merchandise moved.

China makes 20 trillion selling to us, and we make 50 bucks selling to them, that's a "deficit" for us.

...and that's why they call it a "deficit" and not a surplus or profit.

For the amount of detail Mark Levin goes into, there's no way this is a simple mistake.

Siding with the Democrats? supporting sending manufacturing jobs to China? Trying to help confuse the topic?

all I have to say is , highly suspicious Mr Levin.

Trade figures do not measure the amount of merchandise moved. It is a imperfect measure of trade. The iPhone is a case in point. It is assembled in China. However the parts are sourced from numerous countries and are assembled. The entire iPhone is counted as a import even though the assembly may have cost $10.

There are 2 reasons why we have a trade deficit. The first is because the other country is poor and cannot afford to buy American goods.

The second is we are a consumer society. Our savings rate is among the lowest of the industrialized countries. Other countries do not spend the way we do and thus we have a trade deficit.

Also we need to include services. We have a trade deficit with Canada but a surplus when you add goods and services.

Levin is right. A trade deficit in this case is a sign of strength.

New Topics

Forum List

Back