Marine Arrested

The reaction of the far right above is what the mainstream of America will no longer tolerate politically.

One can yell all one wants but threatening gets one the attention of the authorities.

Raub is not far right, he threatened former President BUSH. How many cites does it take to get some to read?

Raub says the Bush's (sic) have a castle in Colorado where they are raping children, among other.....odd things. Spoke of magic credit cards, his being brainwashed; see how his suit goes, but it does not take too many threats for a psych hold. Local authorities saw him as a danger to himself or others. The Facebook posts are only part of it, neighbors reported other disturbing threats and accusations.

Mostly on sites like "prisonplanet" "rightwingnews" and the always reliable Russia Today. Some posters might want to read about about Russia today, it could become a threat to the US; AB Kirill finds the US a sinful, wicked nation....as do extremist Muslim groups.

Marine Brandon Raub Speaks from Psych Ward to AdamvTMan, "Don't Really Know" Why Here - Bodybuilding.com Forums

More from Raub's attorney:

More alarming, is when Beck asked if people of left-wing ideology – specifically members of Occupy Wall Street – are being detained Whitehead responded saying he can’t say for sure because people all over the country are just disappearing. He also reveals that while Raub was in psychiatric detention one of the psychiatrists that he was seeing threatened to “brainwash” him and force him to take medication.

Veterans Being Rounded Up Nationwide, People Everywhere Just Disappearing | Opinion - Conservative

I said the far right not Raub. The far right believes that one being a perceived threat to folks should be constitutionally protected to threaten.

Not acceptable.

Brandon Raub, a decorated Marine who was forcefully admitted to a mental health institution for posting Facebook posts that were at-odds with the Obama Administration’s political agenda, is now suing the federal government for the apparent civil rights violation.
VIDEO: Marine Arrested and Institutionalized for Facebook Posts Critical of the Government

he wasn't arrested for being "at odds" with anything. he was sent for observation in a mental health facility because he was posting threatening anti-government hate-filled rants so extreme he sounded mentally ill.

or is it ok for someone to preach violent overthrow of the government? should there be a balance between free speech and incitement to violence? how many timothy mcveigh's do we need?

In a free, democratic society such as ours the First Amendment freedoms of thought and speech are among those most cherished by the citizenry, whether serving their country in the military or as a civilian. The recent incidents of domestic terrorism and widespread vocal and printed rhetoric of hate-groups motivated by racism, religious intolerance, anti-government, or anarchist views have awakened many Americans, including leaders in government and military service, to the reality that "freedom isn't free", and that to solve these problems we must first acknowledge and attempt to understand them.

Military Personnel and Domestic Terrorism

But you cannot just be scooped up and arrested without a court order or arrest warrant and he was.

Yes, one can if probable cause is extant.

Brandon Raub, a decorated Marine who was forcefully admitted to a mental health institution for posting Facebook posts that were at-odds with the Obama Administration’s political agenda, is now suing the federal government for the apparent civil rights violation.
VIDEO: Marine Arrested and Institutionalized for Facebook Posts Critical of the Government

he wasn't arrested for being "at odds" with anything. he was sent for observation in a mental health facility because he was posting threatening anti-government hate-filled rants so extreme he sounded mentally ill.

or is it ok for someone to preach violent overthrow of the government? should there be a balance between free speech and incitement to violence? how many timothy mcveigh's do we need?

In a free, democratic society such as ours the First Amendment freedoms of thought and speech are among those most cherished by the citizenry, whether serving their country in the military or as a civilian. The recent incidents of domestic terrorism and widespread vocal and printed rhetoric of hate-groups motivated by racism, religious intolerance, anti-government, or anarchist views have awakened many Americans, including leaders in government and military service, to the reality that "freedom isn't free", and that to solve these problems we must first acknowledge and attempt to understand them.

Military Personnel and Domestic Terrorism

He was reported to local police by neighbors, concerned about his behavior, the FBI didn't pick this up, local authorities did, the FBI came in after his threats to former President Bush.

Asshole was arrested for making threats, not expressing political opinion.

You're a liar!
If he made a single threat to anyone he would have been taken to jail not a hospital and he would not be free today, nor should he be if he made a threat. :eusa_liar:

Any one with a quarter of a working brain and if they were in the military KNOWS the President is the commander in chief as the head of the military. Even if you do not personally like the president , he still is the leader of the Military and as a member of the military you do not openly attack your leader, I was in the Navy an In Vietnam and a lot of people disliked Nixon, but one waited until their military tour of duty was over to publicly voiced ones opinion. Looks like the military has let some low grade white trash slip into its ranks

I remember what happened to people back then who tried that stuff who were in the military during Nixon's term during Vietnam an spoke out while in uniform. :eusa_hand:

The judge ruled that they violated his 1,4, 5 and 14th constitutional rights and you shit on another Vet to defend that POS in the WH and YOUR democrat party.

You have proved to be nothing but a liar and should just STFU.

Why would anyone want to kill Bush? I mean, I know why people want to kill Bush. Hint: It's because of war crimes. But honestly, for a pampered little bitch like George W. Bush who has had the world handed to him and mangled it, a long healthy life in solitary confinement, stripped of all wealth, prestige and reputation, would be a much more severe punishment. He left office with two unfinished wars started by lies and the worst economic crash since the 1930s.

If we put Bush in solitary confinement, he'll be safe from anyone who wants to hurt him.

The judge ruled that they violated his 1,4, 5 and 14th constitutional rights and you shit on another Vet to defend that POS in the WH and YOUR democrat party.

You have proved to be nothing but a liar and should just STFU.

evu4y7e3.jpg

Take it up with LEO, Taz, not me.

A judge ordered his release after just a couple of days, Jake, stating that there was no justifiable reason for them to have held him in the first place. This is an old story. The only reason it's now in the news is because his lawyer has finally filed a lawsuit.

You're a liar!
If he made a single threat to anyone he would have been taken to jail not a hospital and he would not be free today, nor should he be if he made a threat. :eusa_liar:

Any one with a quarter of a working brain and if they were in the military KNOWS the President is the commander in chief as the head of the military. Even if you do not personally like the president , he still is the leader of the Military and as a member of the military you do not openly attack your leader, I was in the Navy an In Vietnam and a lot of people disliked Nixon, but one waited until their military tour of duty was over to publicly voiced ones opinion. Looks like the military has let some low grade white trash slip into its ranks

I remember what happened to people back then who tried that stuff who were in the military during Nixon's term during Vietnam an spoke out while in uniform. :eusa_hand:

I'd like to see the commander in chief be required to serve on the front lines with the troops though. We'd have fewer unnecessary wars, such as every war the USA has been in since ww2.

False, held by after a local mental health investigation, after a few of these:

In one message earlier this month according to authorities, Raub wrote: "Sharpen my axe; I'm here to sever heads."

He is a 9/11 "truther", more anti Bush than Obama. In short, a few bricks shy of a load.

He is critical and suspicious of our government. And he has a right to say so. Think of living in a nation without that right. He has fought for that right. Literally!

Stop being stupid and defending threats that necessitated a mental health evaluation.
Stop making Marines look like idiots!!!

I'm not defending threats...I've seen no threats. If there were legitimate threats the man would still be in jail...not free and suing the government.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back