Marie Yovanovitch: Exactly why Would Trump fire her?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by healthmyths, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,451
    I hope it is not redacted too... or not too much.

well, remember this is the day of scuzzy politics on steroids...

it is likely going to drop closer to the election, or when some other scandal hits Donald Trump, so to change the subject! And Bill Barr will write a 5 page summary of the 2 year, 400 page IG Report saying something the report never said! And no one will read the actual report! :p

can't help being a skeptic.... ;)

2. JWBooth

JWBooth Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,508
    Yet another personnel decision that bit him in the ass

3. OldLady

OldLady Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43,036
    WHAT is cable news stuff? I don't watch tv anymore. I watched the testimony and that was it. I can make up my own mind; I don't need five talking heads to make it up for me.

I agree it's not over, and I wish there was someplace I could go for the other side that was factual, not just crazy imaginings or partisans shrieking with spit flying. If the Pres has come out with good substantial reasoning for what he has done, I haven't heard it.
    I wish he'd stop complaining and offer to testify. That would be welcomed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Flash

Flash Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46,526
    I have never seen a bigger crybaby in my life than that Yovanovich bitch. She also didn't seem that smart for having a job at that level. I suspect it was the stupid government's affirmative action program that got her upward mobility in the State Department.

She certainly didn't have any ethics because she let Hunter Biden get away with his corrupt shit and didn't say a damn thing about it when Joe Biden put pressure on the Ukraine to not investigate the crackhead.

That is the type of weenie we want to be our ambassador in a country next to Russia?

Glad Trump fired her scrawny ass.

By the way, she needs to go see a good hairdresser. That butch hairdo she has now looks like shit.

5. Billiejeens

Billiejeens VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,805

Maybe she should have kept her nose clean,
    However reporting facts should still be acceptable even if the facts dont flatter your precious Democrats

6. Billiejeens

Billiejeens VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,805

There's nothing remarkable about ambassadors usually it is simply a gig to repay financial support or loyalty

7. Billiejeens

Billiejeens VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,805
    While true
    It's a little bigger than just that.
    They have literally stumbled onto a shadow govt being ran by state in Ukraine.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Flash

Flash Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46,526
    [​IMG]

9. WEATHER53

WEATHER53 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,098
    So after 2 days we have three servants of America and the President stating that they heard some guys talk about what some other guys said and a dear lady who feels her perfectly permitted dismissal did not cater to her emotions sufficiently
    And for this, the Nation has to go thru a load of partisan crap.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. toomuchtime_

toomuchtime_ Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,080
    The job of an ambassador is to advance the policies of the administration; obviously, the President did not believe she was doing that effectively. She doesn't have to be caught doing something wrong to prove grounds for her dismissal; the President thought she was not being as effective as he would like, that is sufficient grounds for removal.

The question is, why did the Democrats call her to testify since she claims to have no knowledge of the events concerning the investigation of the Bidens' involvement in corruption in Ukraine? In fact, the only relevant information she did provide was that the Obama administration was just as concerned with the Bidens' involvement in corruption in Ukraine as President Trump is, but while Obama attempted to cover up the facts, President Trump is determined to expose them.

"Former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch revealed at an impeachment hearing Friday that Hunter Biden’s job at a Ukrainian energy company Burisma Holding was a major issue for the Obama White House.

She acknowledged that the Obama State Department included coaching her to answer questions about former Vice President Joseph R. Biden’s son Hunter when she faced Senate confirmation hearings for the ambassador post in 2016.

“It wasn’t just generally about Burisma and corruption. It was specifically about Hunter Biden and Burisma. Is that correct?” asked Rep. Elise Stefanik, New York Republican.

“Yes it is,” Ms. Yovanovitch responded.

President Trump’s request for an investigation of alleged corruption involving the Bidens and Burisma is at the heart of Democrats’ impeachment case that the president abused his office for personal political gain.

"For the millions of Americans watching, President Obama’s own State Department was so concerned about potential conflicts of interest from Hunter Biden’s role at Burisma that they raised it themselves while prepping this wonderful ambassador nominee before her confirmation,” Ms. Stefanik said. “And yet our Democratic colleagues and the chairman of this committee cry foul when we dare ask that same question that the Obama State Department was so concerned about. But we will continue asking it.”

Obama officials wary of Hunter Biden’s big-money job, ousted Ukraine ambassador admits

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1