Marcott2013

He worked on the stock market side of the mineral exploration business. That hardly qualifies him as a climate scientist. De holds no science degree, no advanced degree, holds no scientific certifications, but has published two articles in a journal that is not carried in the ISI listing of peer-reviewed journals. But I wasn't, strictly speaking, talking about McIntyre. I was talking about you.

And you hold no such degrees and here you are trying to argue it anyway..

I have a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Louisville and a Masters of Science degree from the University of Kentucky. I was a registered geologist for 15 years before I became disabled. From 1990 to 2003 I was an environmental consultant. Clients included The States of Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, Louisiana, and Florida, Chevron, BP, Shell, Ashland Petroleum, Enro Marketing, which is a subsidiary of Marathon, Marathon, Caterpillar, the City of Louisville, and many others. I've written over 400 proprietary environmental reports (though many are accessible via FOIA request with various agencies). I am also published in the Journal of Invertebrate Paleontology, and in the Journal of the Louisville Museum of Natural History (now the Louisville science Center). And two of my astrophotographs were published today in the Courier Journal newspaper in relation to an article about the Louisville Astronomical Society's 80th anniversary, of which I am currently a board member and have been a member since 1984. That's the reality here, gslack.

And what degree did that schmuck have? Seems Shaun Marcott is a post-doctoral researcher at the oregon state university..

Right, as opposed to McIntyre, who holds no advanced degree in any field whatsoever, holds no science certifications, and is not published in any recognized peer reviewed journal. Next.

And who regularly destroys every assertion that the climatologists make. Every single one. Must piss you off to have one of the unwashed make you all look like idiots. It sure amuses the hell out of me.

He worked on the stock market side of the mineral exploration business. That hardly qualifies him as a climate scientist. De holds no science degree, no advanced degree, holds no scientific certifications, but has published two articles in a journal that is not carried in the ISI listing of peer-reviewed journals. But I wasn't, strictly speaking, talking about McIntyre. I was talking about you.

I have a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Louisville and a Masters of Science degree from the University of Kentucky. I was a registered geologist for 15 years before I became disabled. From 1990 to 2003 I was an environmental consultant. Clients included The States of Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, Louisiana, and Florida, Chevron, BP, Shell, Ashland Petroleum, Enro Marketing, which is a subsidiary of Marathon, Marathon, Caterpillar, the City of Louisville, and many others. I've written over 400 proprietary environmental reports (though many are accessible via FOIA request with various agencies). I am also published in the Journal of Invertebrate Paleontology, and in the Journal of the Louisville Museum of Natural History (now the Louisville science Center). And two of my astrophotographs were published today in the Courier Journal newspaper in relation to an article about the Louisville Astronomical Society's 80th anniversary, of which I am currently a board member and have been a member since 1984. That's the reality here, gslack.

And what degree did that schmuck have? Seems Shaun Marcott is a post-doctoral researcher at the oregon state university..

Right, as opposed to McIntyre, who holds no advanced degree in any field whatsoever, holds no science certifications, and is not published in any recognized peer reviewed journal. Next.

BULLSHIT...

Pure and simple and complete bullshit...You sir are a forum trolling sock..If you had one tenth of those credentials you wouldn't be spending so much time on here. You'd have shit to do.. I don't have all of thos ecredentials and I am lucky to spend one hour a day on here, so what's your excuse? By disabled I assume you mean you can't do the physical work any longer? So why not use that academic knowledge? Why not DO SOMETHING other than trolling a web forum most of the day?

The only thing in your BS I beleive is you no longer working. If you ever did...

Why not call yourself president of the united states? Moron..

BULLSHIT...

Pure and simple and complete bullshit...You sir are a forum trolling sock..If you had one tenth of those credentials you wouldn't be spending so much time on here. You'd have shit to do.. I don't have all of thos ecredentials and I am lucky to spend one hour a day on here, so what's your excuse? By disabled I assume you mean you can't do the physical work any longer? So why not use that academic knowledge? Why not DO SOMETHING other than trolling a web forum most of the day?

The only thing in your BS I beleive is you no longer working. If you ever did...

I hate to burst your bubble, but that is all me. Or was. I use to be a damned good hydrogeologist until my health failed. I have plenty of time these days, pal, because I am disabled with COPD, coronary artery disease, and other chronic problems; and I live alone. I volunteer as a board member of the Louisville Astronomical society, which, of course, is a non-paying very part-time position. And I only participate when I am healthy enough to get out and do so. Not that any of this is any of your business. But I have nothing to hide, do you? If you go here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/science-and-technology/304917-awaken-to-astronomy.html

You will see some of what I have been doing since I became disabled. I haven't been idle. I have been doing what I can when I can.

Last edited:

BULLSHIT...

I hate to burst your bubble, but that is all me. Or was. I have plenty of time these days, pal, because I am disabled with COPD, coronary artery disease, and other chronic problems; and I live alone. I volunteer as a board member of the Louisville Astronomical society, which, of course, is a non-paying very part-time position. And I only participate when I am healthy enough to get out and do so. Not that any of this is any of your business. But I have nothing to hide, do you? If you go here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/science-and-technology/304917-awaken-to-astronomy.html

You will see some of what I have been doing since I became disabled. I haven't been idle. I have been doing what I can when I can.

Really? Well then I suppose people like Hawking should just sit home on their asses too..

Dude, you're full of shit.. Another in a long line of internet bullshit artists who continually try and claim themselves somehow more qualified than the rest of us. The fact none of your posts back up the claim, means nothing.. Seriously when are you idiots going to grow up? Your claimed list of accomplishments is the most exagerrated yet... All those credentials, why not do something? You can write, consult, teach, any number of things, yet instead you sit on your ass and collect disability...

My son had a teacher, recently passed away. She had heart disease, diabtetes so bad she lost her leg, as well as probably the worst breathing I have ever heard from anybody still wotrking. She worked until she passed away at 55.. Please don't give me your BS..

BULLSHIT...

I hate to burst your bubble, but that is all me. Or was. I have plenty of time these days, pal, because I am disabled with COPD, coronary artery disease, and other chronic problems; and I live alone. I volunteer as a board member of the Louisville Astronomical society, which, of course, is a non-paying very part-time position. And I only participate when I am healthy enough to get out and do so. Not that any of this is any of your business. But I have nothing to hide, do you? If you go here:

Really? Well then I suppose people like Hawking should just sit home on their asses too..

Dude, you're full of shit.. Another in a long line of internet bullshit artists who continually try and claim themselves somehow more qualified than the rest of us. The fact none of your posts back up the claim, means nothing.. Seriously when are you idiots going to grow up? Your claimed list of accomplishments is the most exagerrated yet... All those credentials, why not do something? You can write, consult, teach, any number of things, yet instead you sit on your ass and collect disability...

My son had a teacher, recently passed away. She had heart disease, diabtetes so bad she lost her leg, as well as probably the worst breathing I have ever heard from anybody still wotrking. She worked until she passed away at 55.. Please don't give me your BS..

And I am probably not far behind her. Look, you guys love to do FOIA requests. Contact the Kentucky Division for Environmental Protection, or any of the other states I've cited, and submit a FOIA request. Or not. I really don't give a shit. I didn't come here to be insulted by low lifes like you. I've been completely honest with you about who I am and my circumstances. Maybe you've lied to yourself and others for so long in your own life that you don't even recognize anymore when somebody is telling you the truth. I don't know. What I do know is that if the only responses you can manage are petty, childish insults, then you've got worse problems than I do.

Last edited:

And I am probably not far behind her. Look, you guys love to do FOIA requests. Contact the Kentucky Division for Environmental Protection, or any of the other states I've cited, and submit a FOIA request. Or not. I really don't give a shit. I didn't come here to be insulted by low lifes like you. I've been completely honest with you about who I am and my circumstances. Maybe you've lied to yourself and others for so long in your own life that you don't even recognize anymore when somebody is telling you the truth. I don't know. What I do know is that if the only responses you can manage are petty, childish insults, then you've got worse problems than I do.

Do an FOIA request for what purpose? I have no clue who the hell you are nor do I care. I do care that you try and claim some kind of scientific superiority over people with your BS.

Calling me a low life? LOL, you came into this forum on your fisrts day speaking to people as if you knew them from experience. At no point have you shown any form ofexpertise in this, yet now you suddenly pull credentials that would be the envy of most Climate researchers.. WTH kind of nonsense is that? The funny thing is you aren't the first totry this even in the last few weeks.. You're a carbon copy of at least one other poster here, and that one used the same nonsense..

Grow up. No one cares about your BS credentials, and frankly no one can prove or disprove them anyway. What you should try and do is prove YOUR ability to debate and discuss on the level your BS credentials would imply. Then I wouldn't bother doubting you,it would be pointless...

You freaking internet "experts" are ridiculous.. All of you have degrees yet none of you have a life beyond here.. WTH? Seriously, it's just not believable, so give it a rest, mammooth or whoever the hell you are this time..

Do an FOIA request for what purpose? I have no clue who the hell you are nor do I care. I do care that you try and claim some kind of scientific superiority over people with your BS.

Calling me a low life? LOL, you came into this forum on your fisrts day speaking to people as if you knew them from experience. At no point have you shown any form ofexpertise in this, yet now you suddenly pull credentials that would be the envy of most Climate researchers.. WTH kind of nonsense is that? The funny thing is you aren't the first totry this even in the last few weeks.. You're a carbon copy of at least one other poster here, and that one used the same nonsense..

Grow up. No one cares about your BS credentials, and frankly no one can prove or disprove them anyway. What you should try and do is prove YOUR ability to debate and discuss on the level your BS credentials would imply. Then I wouldn't bother doubting you,it would be pointless...

You freaking internet "experts" are ridiculous.. All of you have degrees yet none of you have a life beyond here.. WTH? Seriously, it's just not believable, so give it a rest, mammooth or whoever the hell you are this time..

Gee, you must be McIntyre's mother. I hate that for you. But don't take your own personal problems out on others. It just makes you look petty and, frankly, stupid. And by the way, if you don't care about the credentials of others, don't challenge them on the issue. You're not too very good at this, are you?

I don't think the ordinary Joe understands the profound dishonesty involved with grafting cherrypicked high resolution endpoints on to low resolution proxy reconstructions. But 'useful idiots' like Old Rocks and Saigon just accept it without question.

So you reject all of paleoclimatology.

Last edited:

Gee, you must be McIntyre's mother. I hate that for you. But don't take your own personal problems out on others. It just makes you look petty and, frankly, stupid. And by the way, if you don't care about the credentials of others, don't challenge them on the issue. You're not too very good at this, are you?

Oh stop crying ya bullshit artist.. Don't understand this very well do ya? Read very carefuly this time...

I DON"T CARE ABOUT YOU"RE CREDNTIALS..Get it yet? YOU not anybody, just YOU....

LOL, Do you internet experts understand the difference between reality and your BS anymore? LOL, you're another mamooth, claiming some kind of expertise and daring people to doubt you..The fact you act like a teenager begging for acceptance doesn't scream "educated adult" to us moron..

Oh stop crying ya bullshit artist.. Don't understand this very well do ya? Read very carefuly this time...

LOL, Do you internet experts understand the difference between reality and your BS anymore? LOL, you're another mamooth, claiming some kind of expertise and daring people to doubt you..The fact you act like a teenager begging for acceptance doesn't scream "educated adult" to us moron..

I understand that you took a nose dive off the reality tree and hit every branch going down. It must suck being you.

I understand that you took a nose dive off the reality tree and hit every branch going down. It must suck being you.

Uh-huh, BUT.. I work for a living, and pay taxes, hell I even coach baseball half of the year. And the pay for coaching, I give back to the school to pay for things like uniforms... And I don't have a made-up list of degrees and credentials.. Yet I find a way to get by just the same.

Reality? Reality is paying your own way ..

You just can't seem to pick your battles so as to preserve any of your personal dignity -- or humanity can ya? This fellow is new to USMB, seems to have put in his time studying the environment (although he consumes some toxic rubbish here and there), and SAYS he is a man of science.. Really Slack, lighten up.. Read my footer quote again.. I chose it JUST BECAUSE I know message boards are full of folks like you..

Don't know what set you off.. I used to actually enjoy your posts...

You just can't seem to pick your battles so as to preserve any of your personal dignity -- or humanity can ya? This fellow is new to USMB, seems to have put in his time studying the environment (although he consumes some toxic rubbish here and there), and SAYS he is a man of science.. Really Slack, lighten up.. Read my footer quote again.. I chose it JUST BECAUSE I know message boards are full of folks like you..

Don't know what set you off.. I used to actually enjoy your posts...

Oh go take a hike.. He's another BS artist...He came in here talking to people as if he knew them... He's no more new than I am... In fact it was your pal Ian he was claiming should have learned not to use Spencerby now... WTH? By now? It was his first freaking day here.. And his excuse was? Oh he actually does know some people herepersonally... WTF?

You want to buy his BS, be my guest, but when he starts to clone IFITZPMZNEUMANMAOOTHSAIGON, which he already has, don't say you weren't warned...

Nothing set me off, what set you off? I argue with Ian over something we have fundamentally disagreed on from day one on here, and you go on a rant about me daring to discredit SPencer? And what's worse when you finally realize your position is no more scientifically sound than mine, you go off in a huff...

I am the same I have always been. I have never been tolerant of socks or clones. And my postion has been the same for years. You want to defend the schmuck? LOL, be my guest..if you think your principles can handle it have at it... ROFL

I don't think the ordinary Joe understands the profound dishonesty involved with grafting cherrypicked high resolution endpoints on to low resolution proxy reconstructions. But 'useful idiots' like Old Rocks and Saigon just accept it without question.

That's a good question. I Hope you actually try to understand my response.

Paleo recontructions are fine, for what they are. A rough guideline to what may have happened in the past. May. The intrinsic uncertainty does not go away just because someone uses sophisticated mathematical tools.

Proxies need to be chosen for an underlying signal but manipulating the start and end dattes to maximize correlation with preconceived conclusions is dishonest. That is what has happened a lot lately. Why did MBH98 chose to hide data? Unscientific and misleading

Even pasting on modern thermometer readings is misleading because the ordinary layman doesn't understand that they are different types of data, and assumes the thick black average line implies the same validity for the whole length of the graph.

The same types of arguments hold for climate models. Just because we can fine tune them to approximate past temps, that does not mean you can infer that projections will be skillful. Both reconstructions and models are useful tools to help access our understanding of the underlying processes but they cannot be handed out to people who are expecting the 'truth'. Marcott just got caught making public statements about how his graph confirmed that modern times are 'the warmest', only to be forced to back away from his claims because they were not scientifically true.

Scientists should stick to science in clear terms and leave politics to politicians.

Orogenicman, just ignore the energy creature. He wants to pull you into endless pissing matches, because he gets emotional sustenance from it. You annoy him most by depriving him of the attention he so badly wants. Do as everyone else eventually learns to do, and ignore him. Arguing with him is like winning the Special Olympics. You may have won, but you're still retarded for having played.

As for McIntyre, he was disgraced 4 years ago, so no one of note pays any attention to him now. The guy had good intentions once, but then he got a taste of being worshiped as a cult leader, and it went to his head big time. Now he's all about making up red meat to keep that cult adulation flowing towards him.

Scientists should stick to science in clear terms and leave politics to politicians.

The problem with that is modern science depends on funding from governments, and that often requires bending the ears of politicians to their concerns. Now, if the politicians were savvy with regard to science issues, that wouldn't be such a problem. Unfortunately, the average politician doesn't know the first thing about science. And so that takes education. I will be the first to admit that us scientists have done a piss poor job of educating not only the politicians, but the public at large with regard to what the issues are (and just as important, what they are not). We have to do better if we are going to get anywhere with these issues.

BULLSHIT...

I hate to burst your bubble, but that is all me. Or was. I use to be a damned good hydrogeologist until my health failed. I have plenty of time these days, pal, because I am disabled with COPD, coronary artery disease, and other chronic problems; and I live alone. I volunteer as a board member of the Louisville Astronomical society, which, of course, is a non-paying very part-time position. And I only participate when I am healthy enough to get out and do so. Not that any of this is any of your business. But I have nothing to hide, do you? If you go here:

I am saddened when anyone is overtaken by a chronic disease...I too have CAD and underwent a sextuple bypass a couple of years ago so know what it's like. I am a tad older than you I think however. The COPD definitely makes things more difficult.

However, as a hydrologist don't you find it in the slightest bit strange that empirical testing refutes every claim made by the warmists?

Not at all. We do reject that which is factually incorrect however. Start messing with the facts to suit your pre-conceived idea and we have a serious problem. All good scientists do.

BULLSHIT...

I am saddened when anyone is overtaken by a chronic disease...I too have CAD and underwent a sextuple bypass a couple of years ago so know what it's like. I am a tad older than you I think however. The COPD definitely makes things more difficult.

However, as a hydrologist don't you find it in the slightest bit strange that empirical testing refutes every claim made by the warmists?

What? As a hydrogeologist (not a hydrologist), I find the bulk of the scientific research on climate change to be very compelling. What I find disturbing and annoying is that so many people are so easily swayed by people who bring no appropriate scientific skill sets or credentials to the table. What I find even more annoying is that these people who bring no appropriate scientific skill sets or credentials to the table expect to be treated as peers. It's like expecting to survive heart surgery performed by a dish washer. It is a sad statement about the state of education today.

What? As a hydrogeologist (not a hydrologist), I find the bulk of the scientific research on climate change to be very compelling. What I find disturbing and annoying is that so many people are so easily swayed by people who bring no appropriate scientific skill sets or credentials to the table. What I find even more annoying is that these people who bring no appropriate scientific skill sets or credentials to the table expect to be treated as peers. It's like expecting to survive heart surgery performed by a dish washer. It is a sad statement about the state of education today.

Why do you place so much emphasis on credentials? I place the emphasis on what is factually correct. The credentialed "consensus" scientists of the day thought that Wegener was a quack.

But, like McIntyre, he was correct and the consensus scientists were flat assed wrong. Put another way, anyone who places credentials over facts has chosen to no longer think for themselves and is no longer a true scientist, who's raison d'etre is the pursuit of knowledge....wherever and whoever advances that knowledge.

And, you still haven't addressed the HARVARD study, with all those credentials you care so much about, that says acidification is bollocks.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back