Marco Rubio & Sheldon Whitehouse agree on something! Group of bipartisan senators pushes for permanent Daylight Saving Time

I want this sooooooooooo much. It fucking sucks in the winter when you come home from work in darkness. We need light in the evenings, not the mornings.

When I lived in Denver, it would be dark by 4:30pm. That is fucking retarded.

It's dark by 4pm here, dusk around 3:45 on the winter solstice, and summer solstice the sun is shining around 4:50 AM. I am as far east as you can go, in the U.S., or close to it.

What do the facts indicate? Are people in Grand Rapids near the western edge of the Eastern Time Zone more productive and have less accidents than Mainites?

After all, the sun sets at a later time every day of the year in western Michigan, no? If its a good idea, there should be easy to show it.

Last edited:
It's dark by 4pm here, dusk around 3:45 on the winter solstice, and summer solstice the sun is shining around 4:50 AM. I am as far east as you can go, in the U.S., or close to it.

Are you just used to it, or does it kinda suck?

Nice to get the xtra hour of sleep, but it is really hard on our bodies and people die from natural and accidents when you lose an hour.

Time to ditch it. The real reason Nixon did it was the energy crunch. (We will feel it again soon)

The energy savings is statistically insignificant.

The only drawback is kids will go to school with more darkness.

We should compromise! Shift clocks by a half hour forward in the Spring or if we can't get it done by March, wait and shift a half hour backwards in the Fall and leave it there. There are half-hour times zones already in the world, so it will not take much getting used to. See Newfoundland Standard Time.

It passed the Senate!

WASHINGTON, March 15 (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate on Tuesday passed legislation that would make daylight saving time permanent starting in 2023, ending the twice-annual changing of clocks in a move promoted by supporters advocating brighter afternoons and more economic activity.

The Senate approved the measure, called the Sunshine Protection Act, unanimously by voice vote. The House of Representatives, which has held a committee hearing on the matter, still must pass the bill before it can go to President Joe Biden to sign. The White House has not said whether Biden supports it.

On Sunday, most of the United States resumed daylight saving time, moving ahead one hour. The United States will resume standard time in November.

Senator Marco Rubio, one of the bill's sponsors, said after input from airlines and broadcasters that supporters agreed that the change would not take place until November 2023.

Stupid name though.

I want this sooooooooooo much. It fucking sucks in the winter when you come home from work in darkness. We need light in the evenings, not the mornings.

When I lived in Denver, it would be dark by 4:30pm. That is fucking retarded.

I hate changing time twice a year, but I also like sunlight in the mornings as much as I do in the evening.

I am annoyed the fake time will become the permanent time

I hate changing time twice a year, but I also like sunlight in the mornings as much as I do in the evening.

I am annoyed the fake time will become the permanent time
I does not make much difference to me now that I'm retired. I just want it left one way or the other so I don't have to mess with the clocks. ;)

daylight%2Bsavings%2Btime.jpg

I does not make much difference to me now that I'm retired. I just want it left one way or the other so I don't have to mess with the clocks. ;)

daylight%2Bsavings%2Btime.jpg

I would settle for the fake time if it means no going back and forth. Too many years living in Japan and Az gave me an irrational hatred of changing time

Daylight savings time made sense when the primary light came from oil lamps and candles. Not so much now.

Forum List

Back