March 16, Paris brûle t-il ?

But I do not like France alone (because now the damage is done ) or with Europe because before the Franc France was prosperous but we were told that it would win economically with the euro which was wrong and there is a difference between American states and European states. you are all Americans here the cultures of the states are different. I know one thing that austerity has become common in Europe which makes people unhappy. I said that my purchasing power is no longer as before. it is not an invention.

But I do not like France alone (because now the damage is done ) or with Europe because before the Franc France was prosperous but we were told that it would win economically with the euro which was wrong and there is a difference between American states and European states. you are all Americans here the cultures of the states are different. I know one thing that austerity has become common in Europe which makes people unhappy. I said that my purchasing power is no longer as before. it is not an invention.

France has gone through many different periods and to say that France was prosperous when it had the Franc is not accurate. In the 70s and 80s there were some serious economic downturns and people felt many of the same difficulties. The 50s and 60s were plagued by strikes, conflict and constant economic uncertainty. How long have you been living in France?

Decus, Do you think that the yellows vests are prostesting for no reason ?

I remember one idiot comparing the EUs founding document to the U.S. Constitution (whatever they called that totalitarian monstrosity! 1500 pages i believe it was )
1500 pages of nimporte quoi

Hang in their sweetheart the whole EUssr is coming down, its just a matter of time .
the corporate Main stream American press ignores you while your own demonizes you, but we hear you.

Find a bank or service provider that exchanges physical currency . go stuff some lower denomination US $ , small half gram, and gram gold rounds under your mattress.
A currency meltdown and break up is imminent

a lil bit coin wouldn't hurt either

Quite right, Europe makes us swallow a big pill for several years since the bankruptcy of 2008 it is the people who paid ... France is more revolutionary in nature did not want to pay the bill but little by little all the President since that date took in our pockets discreetly and hop our purchasing power is gone. people are becoming poorer, there are burglaries, violence because the French are hungry ... a friend of mine sometimes has nothing to eat and she works, she is paid to the SMIC, she is not lazy as the government says, she only wants to live from her work and she has to count to the last Euro. I'm not in that difficult position, I help her too, and I'm keeping money aside precious collectors because I collect the American currency that I will show you this summer once it will be in all frames.

4517.jpg

I believe and said repeatedly that France is over-taxed. But the problem is with French governments not the EU. Here is a comparison of OECD countries' tax-to-GDP ratio (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development - OECD). There are many EU member countries which are part of the OECD. They are:
  • Austria,
  • Belgium,
  • Czech Republic,
  • Denmark,
  • Estonia,
  • Finland,
  • France,
  • Germany,
  • Greece,
  • Hungary,
  • Ireland,
  • Italy,
  • Luxembourg,
  • Netherlands,
  • Poland,
  • Portugal,
  • Slovak Republic,
  • Slovenia,
  • Spain,
  • Sweden,
  • United Kingdom
The fact is:

"France ranked 1st out of 36 OECD countries in terms of the tax-to-GDP ratio in 2017. In 2017, France had a tax-to-GDP ratio of 46.2% compared with the OECD average of 34.2%. In 2016, France was ranked 3rd out of the 36 OECD countries in terms of the tax-to-GDP ratio."
https://www.oecd.org/tax/revenue-statistics-france.pdf

Why are other EU member countries able to tax their citizens differently if the EU is blamed for France's tax problem?

I'm not convinced that leaving the EU is in the best interests of France. I do however believe that cultural sovereignty has to be returned to each member country. The EU makes perfect sense as an economic bloc but becomes destructive when it seeks to remodel each country as having a mandated set of "European" values.

The point is the EU doesnt have a choice. If the EU wants to be a single economic and financial bloc with a common currency, then it has to move towards further centralisation.

I dont say that it is the best way, but it is how that stands.

a friend of mine sometimes has nothing to eat and she works, she is paid to the SMIC, she is not lazy as the government says, she only wants to live from her work and she has to count to the last Euro
How many yours per week does your friend work?

Quite right, Europe makes us swallow a big pill for several years since the bankruptcy of 2008 it is the people who paid ... France is more revolutionary in nature did not want to pay the bill but little by little all the President since that date took in our pockets discreetly and hop our purchasing power is gone. people are becoming poorer, there are burglaries, violence because the French are hungry ... a friend of mine sometimes has nothing to eat and she works, she is paid to the SMIC, she is not lazy as the government says, she only wants to live from her work and she has to count to the last Euro. I'm not in that difficult position, I help her too, and I'm keeping money aside precious collectors because I collect the American currency that I will show you this summer once it will be in all frames.

View attachment 251906

Don't buy those. Those are not American currency and a scam! Invest in real gold and silver.

I'm not convinced that leaving the EU is in the best interests of France. I do however believe that cultural sovereignty has to be returned to each member country. The EU makes perfect sense as an economic bloc but becomes destructive when it seeks to remodel each country as having a mandated set of "European" values.

The point is the EU doesnt have a choice. If the EU wants to be a single economic and financial bloc with a common currency, then it has to move towards further centralisation.

I believe that setting standards and norms for industrial activities like manufacturing enhances possible synergies within an economic bloc. Assuring that banking and financial practices are harmonized to facilitate trade between EU members is logical.

However creating and imposing a set of cultural values and norms enforced through EU regulations are well beyond the scope or necessity in the creation of an economic bloc.

I believe that setting standards and norms for industrial activities like manufacturing enhances possible synergies within an economic bloc. Assuring that banking and financial practices are harmonized to facilitate trade between EU members is logical.

However creating and imposing a set of cultural values and norms enforced through EU regulations are well beyond the scope or necessity in the creation of an economic bloc.

I think that there are only two options:

1. The EU only as a common trade area. Yes, there may be common standards and norms in manufacturing, banking sector, finance services etc. But that is all. All the member states can feel free in their actions in external and internal affairs.

2. The EU as virtually a federation of states with common budget (including dotations for member states, areas and some sectors all over the EU), common currency, free movement of workers inside the EU etc.
Creating this federation is impossible without a set of common cultural values and norms.

All two options have their obvious advantages and flaws.

I believe and said repeatedly that France is over-taxed. But the problem is with French governments not the EU. Here is a comparison of OECD countries' tax-to-GDP ratio (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development - OECD). There are many EU member countries which are part of the OECD. They are:
  • Austria,
  • Belgium,
  • Czech Republic,
  • Denmark,
  • Estonia,
  • Finland,
  • France,
  • Germany,
  • Greece,
  • Hungary,
  • Ireland,
  • Italy,
  • Luxembourg,
  • Netherlands,
  • Poland,
  • Portugal,
  • Slovak Republic,
  • Slovenia,
  • Spain,
  • Sweden,
  • United Kingdom
The fact is:

"France ranked 1st out of 36 OECD countries in terms of the tax-to-GDP ratio in 2017. In 2017, France had a tax-to-GDP ratio of 46.2% compared with the OECD average of 34.2%. In 2016, France was ranked 3rd out of the 36 OECD countries in terms of the tax-to-GDP ratio."

Why are other EU member countries able to tax their citizens differently if the EU is blamed for France's tax problem?

This is no longer the case, as for the example given In 2011, France paid a net amount of 6.4 billion euros to the EU. "This is the European logic, says Henri Sterdiniak, director of the globalization economics department at the OFCE. When one is a rich country like France, one pays for the countries in catch-up ". Since the beginning of the 2000s, France has benefited less, in proportion, from European funds. While 16.1% of European expenditures were made on French soil in 2000, they are only 11.2% in 2011. In cause? "European aid to agriculture is down, says the economist, who also quotes the aid" granted to all countries of the south and east. "
Decus, I transmit the link which is in French.

Ce que coûte et rapporte l'Europe aux Français

a friend of mine sometimes has nothing to eat and she works, she is paid to the SMIC, she is not lazy as the government says, she only wants to live from her work and she has to count to the last Euro
My friend works 40 hours a week in a women's clothing store.

View attachment 251906

Don't buy those. Those are not American currency and a scam! Invest in real gold and silver.
I'm only going to frame it to put it on my wall it's kind of a decoration, I bought it at an American from Tampa by ebay and I also bought some 1 dollar bills that are collector's…

world.jpg

tintin.jpg

haddock.jpg

My friend works 40 hours a week in a women's clothing store.
Oh, she works a full labour week. It is sad then she cant make ends meet.

It is really sad and she is alone she lost her husband now she could barely survive.

• Austria,
  • Belgium,
  • Czech Republic,
  • Denmark,
  • Estonia,
  • Finland,
  • France,
  • Germany,
  • Greece,
  • Hungary,
  • Ireland,
  • Italy,
  • Luxembourg,
  • Netherlands,
  • Poland,
  • Portugal,
  • Slovak Republic,
  • Slovenia,
  • Spain,
  • Sweden,
  • United Kingdom
The fact is:

This is no longer the case, as for the example given In 2011, France paid a net amount of 6.4 billion euros to the EU. "This is the European logic, says Henri Sterdiniak, director of the globalization economics department at the OFCE. When one is a rich country like France, one pays for the countries in catch-up ". Since the beginning of the 2000s, France has benefited less, in proportion, from European funds. While 16.1% of European expenditures were made on French soil in 2000, they are only 11.2% in 2011. In cause? "European aid to agriculture is down, says the economist, who also quotes the aid" granted to all countries of the south and east. "

And in 2017 France paid 2.75 billion Euros more to the EU than it received. I doubt that France will balance its budget by leaving the EU.

The EU is not France's biggest problem. French politicians are.

I think that there are only two options:

1. The EU only as a common trade area. Yes, there may be common standards and norms in manufacturing, banking sector, finance services etc. But that is all. All the member states can feel free in their actions in external and internal affairs.

2. The EU as virtually a federation of states with common budget (including dotations for member states, areas and some sectors all over the EU), common currency, free movement of workers inside the EU etc.
Creating this federation is impossible without a set of common cultural values and norms.

All two options have their obvious advantages and flaws.

Option 1 is the only sensible approach. With EU citizens free to travel and establish themselves in other member countries, maybe in a generation or two the idea of a Federation may prove to be desirable. For now a common trade area is what most people seem to want, nothing more.

• Austria,
  • Belgium,
  • Czech Republic,
  • Denmark,
  • Estonia,
  • Finland,
  • France,
  • Germany,
  • Greece,
  • Hungary,
  • Ireland,
  • Italy,
  • Luxembourg,
  • Netherlands,
  • Poland,
  • Portugal,
  • Slovak Republic,
  • Slovenia,
  • Spain,
  • Sweden,
  • United Kingdom
The fact is:

And in 2017 France paid 2.75 billion Euros more to the EU than it received. I doubt that France will balance its budget by leaving the EU.

Whoever is to blame the yellow vests need that Macron respond to their request and it is since November 17 that it lasts

• Austria,
  • Belgium,
  • Czech Republic,
  • Denmark,
  • Estonia,
  • Finland,
  • France,
  • Germany,
  • Greece,
  • Hungary,
  • Ireland,
  • Italy,
  • Luxembourg,
  • Netherlands,
  • Poland,
  • Portugal,
  • Slovak Republic,
  • Slovenia,
  • Spain,
  • Sweden,
  • United Kingdom
The fact is:

Whoever is to blame the yellow vests need that Macron respond to their request and it is since November 17 that it lasts

I agree that taxes in France are too high.

On the spending side do you feel that spending on programs like RSA (revenu de solidarité active) are reasonable?

Forum List

Back