March 16, Paris brûle t-il ?

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Bonjour, This is what has become of France under Macron ... Paris is a war zone and 18 Saturday that it lasts and Macron still does not respond to requests from the French.

51807946_672703653132005_6234738723473326080_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Dalia. What's funny is that Europe is often held up as an example that the US should follow. Europe has the best healthcare...the best care for its citizens.....and on and on. Europe is the shining example of what the US should be.

The riots in France started with a proposed carbon tax to help "save" the planet from carbon dioxide. It evolved with the French saying that they are over-taxed in all aspects of their lives and are no longer able to bear these taxes.

Hope you are doing well.

Hello Decus, thank you I'm fine and you? Europe is becoming more and more an austere place as for example the English want to leave Europe. Here in France we are the most taxed country in the world ++ all costs more and more everything are expensive and the French are really fed up a lot of French no longer have money on the 15th of the month.

Hello Decus, thank you I'm fine and you? Europe is becoming more and more an austere place as for example the English want to leave Europe. Here in France we are the most taxed country in the world ++ all costs more and more everything are expensive and the French are really fed up a lot of French no longer have money on the 15th of the month.

Glad you are doing well. I know that things are rough in France. Tragic because it is a beautiful country.

I have spent quite a bit of time in France and the changes over the years have been sad to see. The educational system, the food, and attitudes in general have slowly eroded to the point of that France is at times unrecognizable.

I also don't see a candidate in the near term to replace Macron, to change the direction of the country.

Hello, I'm fine but I see my pouvoir d'achat/ purchasing power is melting as the snow, we live cuts from everywhere in all sectors and this government is a dictator in full power the next Saturday Macron has actually called the army now the CRS were firing LBDs with a lot of people wounded by the LBDs, the army have live ammunition.

Yes, for me the only one is Marine Le Pen but the french Don't seem to want to vote for her as a President.

Hello, I'm fine but I see my pouvoir d'achat/ purchasing power is melting as the snow, we live cuts from everywhere in all sectors and this government is a dictator in full power the next Saturday Macron has actually called the army now the CRS were firing LBDs with a lot of people wounded by the LBDs, the army have live ammunition.

Hi Dalia; how is it along the Loire? My wife and I stayed on that Island in La Charite sur Loire; absolutely loved it and the lack of pretentiousness. We were on a camping holiday; just packed the car with tents and took off. Is it still as beautiful as we remember it? One of my brothers went on a bike riding holiday there after our visit; he also loved it. Hopefully we'll be back soon.

Greg (It's a bit of a drive from where we live in Australia though; we finished a stint in the UK and went over the channel.)

Yes, for me the only one is Marine Le Pen but the french Don't seem to want to vote for her as a President.

I looked at Marine's economic platform and it is full of promises but not very realistic. Also it is hard to imagine how she would be able to pay for all of her proposed generosity towards the French people. Her niece Marion however has proven to be very intelligent and I believe is far more capable than Marine.

Marion could make a good president or prime minister.

Hi Dalia; how is it along the Loire? My wife and I stayed on that Island in La Charite sur Loire; absolutely loved it and the lack of pretentiousness. We were on a camping holiday; just packed the car with tents and took off. Is it still as beautiful as we remember it? One of my brothers went on a bike riding holiday there after our visit; he also loved it. Hopefully we'll be back soon.

Greg (It's a bit of a drive from where we live in Australia though; we finished a stint in the UK and went over the channel.)
Hello gtopa1 ,the yellows vests are everywhere in France and the beginning of the event started in the Loire in this sector and several violence can break out in France but it is especially the blacks blocks who are the most dangerous and those who also face the CRS those are the extreme right as in the picture below.

French man are not all Sissy.jpg

Hello gtopa1 ,the yellows vests are everywhere in France and the beginning of the event started in the Loire in this sector and several violence can break out in France but it is especially the blacks blocks who are the most dangerous and those who also face the CRS those are the extreme right as in the picture below.

View attachment 251336

Thank you. It is sad to see France in such a mess; Macron promised too much. Now he is delivering just violence. Very sad indeed. Is it fairly easy to avoid the mobs?

Greg

View attachment 251336

Thank you. It is sad to see France in such a mess; Macron promised too much. Now he is delivering just violence. Very sad indeed. Is it fairly easy to avoid the mobs?

Greg
The demonstrations are all Saturdays but the pressure and the anger is at the highest level here in France tourists were also wounded in Paris, it's not like before the French are very nervous and outside we feel the tension rising more and more

I looked at Marine's economic platform and it is full of promises but not very realistic. Also it is hard to imagine how she would be able to pay for all of her proposed generosity towards the French people. Her niece Marion however has proven to be very intelligent and I believe is far more capable than Marine.

True, but Marine Le Pen will not give way to her niece at least that's what I think.

True, but Marine Le Pen will not give way to her niece at least that's what I think.

Marine is afraid of Marion.

Marine is not the brightest and has too much baggage. Too many small scandals in her entourage and poor decisions on her part. Her platform is terrible and there is little chance Marine is ever elected as president.

As you said few French don't want to openly support and vote for a Le Pen but frustration is growing.

Marion has a real chance to be elected, Marine doesn't.

Yesterday, there was a debate between all parties and Marine she was the best to discuss the news in France, you should also know that the media are not soft with her a little like Trump and CNN.

Yesterday, there was a debate between all parties and Marine she was the best to discuss the news in France, you should also know that the media are not soft with her a little like Trump and CNN.

I follow what happens in France and agree that the media doesn't like Marine. Marine however is not smart enough to use that to her advantage.

Marine also has a big problem - she has a very poor reputation. One that she largely created. She has been battling it for years. She even broke off relations with her father hoping to improve her image.

Sooner or later she says or does something that make all her efforts ineffective. What makes it worse is that her economic platform is very similar to that of France's Communist Party. As you know the communists haven't been popular with the French either.

She obtained 11 million votes for her in the last presidential elections but her name also plays against her Le Pen is very badly seen here in France because of her father who has a diabolical reputation ... economically it's true that it is not clear especially she wanted to leave the Euro before and now she don't, she also wanted to leave Europe and she Don't now, I am for the exit of Europe and also of the Euro for this program it is the party the patriots who launches in this direction.

Les_Patriotes_2018.png

Link of the party….

The Patriots (France) - Wikipedia

I'm not convinced that leaving the EU is in the best interests of France. I do however believe that cultural sovereignty has to be returned to each member country. The EU makes perfect sense as an economic bloc but becomes destructive when it seeks to remodel each country as having a mandated set of "European" values.

Europe is not what it was, France must obey the orders of technocrats in Brussels they are the ones who decide our fate Macron is stuck because he is not the master of his decisions, he can not meet the demands of the yellow vests because it must continue in the program of austerity ask by Europe and France lost a lot with the euro 56,000 Euro for each French since the change of the currency, it's not like American states, I say that because some people compare the United States with the countries of Europe it is not at all the same thing.

Europe is not what it was, France must obey the orders of technocrats in Brussels they are the ones who decide our fate Macron is stuck because he is not the master of his decisions, he can not meet the demands of the yellow vests because it must continue in the program of austerity ask by Europe and France lost a lot with the euro 56,000 Euro for each French since the change of the currency, it's not like American states, I say that because some people compare the United States with the countries of Europe it is not at all the same thing.

Like it or not the world is built on trade. Economically European countries as a block are stronger and better able to negotiate trade deals. The UK has seen over this past year an enormous difficulty negotiating new trade deals with other countries. Britain is also losing companies who prefer the larger EU market to the smaller potential that the UK offers.

If France were not a member of the EU and competing for international trade it would have a temporary advantage of being able to return to the Franc and manipulate the value of the Franc. It could make French products cheaper for foreign customers boosting its sales but it would also make imports more expensive for the average person in France.

All recent projections and economic forecasts have shown that it will be very tough on the UK. Why do you think it will be any easier for France? Please keep in mind that countries like China and India are increasingly shaping global trade. France alone is a small player.

Marine has made the claim that France will grow and prosper under Frexit. Sadly she is wrong.

I've lived some ten years in France and return yearly. I know the difference between the US and France.

Forum List

Back