Many hunters use AR15s...

Yes, it IS about self defense. Stop lecturing us about things you know nothing about.

...actually this has already been fought in court, and they decided that the Second Amendment doesn't say a person has the right to own an AR-15 or any rifle for that matter.

Even late Justice Scalia said:

"The late justice also more generally offered the belief that “like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited.” It is “not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.” For instance, Scalia said concealment laws were permitted at the time of the Constitution’s ratification and should be permitted today."

How Antonin Scalia helped shape today's gun control reform debate
The guy is dead... so irrelevant
So come take them... lol

And? If the government told AR-15 owners to turn them in... there isn't shit that would happen. Period.
The federal government can’t even deal with some crazy guy in Florida that shot up a bunch of kids in a gun free zone… The federal government is incompetent

I'm glad you admitted the Trump led federal government is incompetent. You are starting to come around.

:abgg2q.jpg:
The deep state checked on the guy 30 some times... :abgg2q.jpg:

And? Most laws are looking to limit clip size as well, as they should. Do you need a 30 round clip to hunt deer? Do you plan on being attacked by 30 deer while sitting in your tree stand?

Absolutely excellent point. No, I don't plan on being attacked while sitting in a tree stand...which is why a round restriction makes some sense.

BUT. Here is a common sense question for you. If someone broke into your home at 2am...would you rather have more available ammunition without reloading...or less?

...actually this has already been fought in court, and they decided that the Second Amendment doesn't say a person has the right to own an AR-15 or any rifle for that matter.

"The late justice also more generally offered the belief that “like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited.” It is “not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.” For instance, Scalia said concealment laws were permitted at the time of the Constitution’s ratification and should be permitted today."

So come take them... lol

And? If the government told AR-15 owners to turn them in... there isn't shit that would happen. Period.
The federal government can’t even deal with some crazy guy in Florida that shot up a bunch of kids in a gun free zone… The federal government is incompetent

I'm glad you admitted the Trump led federal government is incompetent. You are starting to come around.

Trump's been in office over a year. He owns that shit.

You just made an argument against them yourself. Why buy an AR-15 then if you are handicapped while hunting to have to use it in a similar fashion to normal hunting rifle?

Because I can use an AR15 in dual roles...home protection and hunting.

And it is modular, I can keep the lower and buy an upper in 300 blackout for deer hunting. (we have pretty good sized deer in Missouri)

Plus, I learned the platform inside and out when I was in the Army, including repair. I have a lever action 45 Colt that I would never consider repairing myself...driving out rolled pins to disassemble would be the first of many hindrances. But my AR, I can have it disassembled in minutes with the bare firing pin laying in my hand.

And, it is far easier to customize. The problem with discussing these things with you is you don't know the unfathomable depth of the knowledge you do not possess. You think one just grabs a rifle off the shelf, puts any old bullet in it and it's good to go. I would have to explain length of pull, maximum point blank range, bullet types and weights, charge throws, rifling turn rates and why a 1 in 8 might be better than a 1 in 9 or even 1 in 12 for an AR.

Suffice it to say, anything you can do yourself saves you a pile of money, and when it comes to length of pull, you used to be forced to permanently alter the stock to adjust to a shorter LOP meaning my 5'2" wife and I couldn't share a firearm...or fathers and sons/daughters..prior to the adjustable six position stock.
You might as well give up progressives will never understand the firearms
They understand. As such they piss down their leg as they realize that free men, can, and will engage their henchmen if need be. Which is exactly why the second amendment exists....

The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting nor self defense.

Yes, it IS about self defense. Stop lecturing us about things you know nothing about.

So come take them... lol
Precisely. He had a right to his opinion. I have mine.

So come take them... lol

Trump's been in office over a year. He owns that shit.
The federal government has always fucked up everything it touches, live with it

Great...but let's look at the decision on which this statement is based...Miller.

United States v. Miller, 307 U. S. 174, does not limit the right to keep and bear arms to militia purposes, but rather limits the type of weapon to which the right applies to those used by the militia, i.e., those in common use for lawful purposes.

District of Columbia v. Heller - Wikipedia
Today's militia would use M4 select fire automatic rifles.

There are roughly 30 million semiautomatic rifles in the US...I'd call that "in common use"...and self defense and hunting are "lawful purposes".

So come take them... lol

You think your opinion has the same weight as his?

So come take them... lol

No... On my land. My opinion is the only one that matters.

Great...but let's look at the decision on which this statement is based...Miller.

United States v. Miller, 307 U. S. 174, does not limit the right to keep and bear arms to militia purposes, but rather limits the type of weapon to which the right applies to those used by the militia, i.e., those in common use for lawful purposes.

District of Columbia v. Heller - Wikipedia
Today's militia would use M4 select fire automatic rifles.

There are roughly 30 million semiautomatic rifles in the US...I'd call that "in common use"...and self defense and hunting are "lawful purposes".

It's even recently been reviewed and courts still say AR-15's are not covered by the Second Amendment.

So come take them... lol

When you buy land in the United States, you still have to follow the rules of the land.

So come take them... lol

When you buy land in the United States, you still have to follow the rules of the land.
Uh-huh...

So come take them... lol

Owning land doesn't make you a sovereign nation. If you think that, you live in the wrong country.

So come take them... lol

Owning land doesn't make you a sovereign nation. If you think that, you live in the wrong country.
Till someone proves me wrong... I'll keep doing what I'm doing.

[QUOT

No they don't.

You are lying Moon Bat. Either that or confused. Maybe both.

I used an AR-15 for hog hunting just a few weeks ago.

Works great.

You really need pay better attention to what you post so you won't look like a fool so much.

I keep hearing this talking point...AR15s aren't good for hunting. This talking point is patently false. It is advanced by people who know nothing about guns or hunting. AR15s are accurate, in a hunting caliber, easy to work on, and simple to customize. They will eventually supplant the bolt action rifle in the same way the bolt action rifle supplanted the lever action rifle and the lever action rifle supplanted the single shot.

Link to list of Youtube AR-15 Hunting Videos
The weapon of choice for poor marksmen. They can get off more rounds against a defenseless animal. Real sportsmen.

The weapon of choice for poor marksmen. They can get off more rounds against a defenseless animal. Real sportsmen.

Another poster that has no idea what they are talking about.

Educate yourself...cheapest AR-15 $465, .95 MOA @ 100 yards right out of the box.

Can a Cheap AR-15 Be Accurate? Lots of Pics - The Box O' Truth

From the website above...

AR15 group.png

Last edited:
I keep hearing this talking point...AR15s aren't good for hunting. This talking point is patently false. It is advanced by people who know nothing about guns or hunting. AR15s are accurate, in a hunting caliber, easy to work on, and simple to customize. They will eventually supplant the bolt action rifle in the same way the bolt action rifle supplanted the lever action rifle and the lever action rifle supplanted the single shot.

Link to list of Youtube AR-15 Hunting Videos
:CryingCow:

Forum List

Back