Many Deep South Republican Voters Believe Interracial Marriage Should Be Illegal

Thankfully in less then a generation these "people" will be long gone or totally marginalized

Despite the fact that the number of interracial marriages in the U.S. reached an all-time high this year, there are many who still believe that mixed-race marriage is unacceptable and should be made illegal, according to a new report.

On Monday, polling firm Public Policy Polling (PPP) revealed that 29 percent of likely GOP voters surveyed in Mississippi believe that interracial marriage should be illegal. Fifty-four percent said intermarriage should remain legal, and the rest responded that they weren’t sure. The survey also found that 21 percent of likely GOP voters polled in Alabama believe that interracial marriage should be illegal.

Interracial Marriage: Many Deep South Republican Voters Believe Interracial Marriage Should Be Illegal

I'm a Black and for some reason, interracial relationships in America seem like for me something that I shouldn't do. But if others don't feel that way I say good for them. A bigger choice of fish in the sea.

"Shouldn't do," why?

th
Yup, and the racists and other assorted bigots sure know how to sugar coat bullshit.
There is nothing racist about being against miscegenation.

Those who think there is are idiots who do not know what the term "racist" means.

Thankfully in less then a generation these "people" will be long gone or totally marginalized

Despite the fact that the number of interracial marriages in the U.S. reached an all-time high this year, there are many who still believe that mixed-race marriage is unacceptable and should be made illegal, according to a new report.

On Monday, polling firm Public Policy Polling (PPP) revealed that 29 percent of likely GOP voters surveyed in Mississippi believe that interracial marriage should be illegal. Fifty-four percent said intermarriage should remain legal, and the rest responded that they weren’t sure. The survey also found that 21 percent of likely GOP voters polled in Alabama believe that interracial marriage should be illegal.

Interracial Marriage: Many Deep South Republican Voters Believe Interracial Marriage Should Be Illegal

I'm a Black and for some reason, interracial relationships in America seem like for me something that I shouldn't do. But if others don't feel that way I say good for them. A bigger choice of fish in the sea.

"Shouldn't do," why?

Not sure why I feel like that.

I guess it's like allergies. Some have them and some don't (not that interracial relationships are the equivalent of things people are allergic to.)

And civil marriages in those states, are becoming increasingly rare, so it'll probably become a Supreme Court case in no time

Duval, Clay, Baker counties to end courthouse weddings to avoid marrying gays

Judge ends courthouse weddings after same-sex ruling

Yup, and the racists and other assorted bigots sure know how to sugar coat bullshit.

Obviously there is.
Bullshit.

It is what it is. Accept yourself or change yourself.
Your concession is respectfully accepted.

Obviously there is.
Bullshit.

It is what it is. Accept yourself or change yourself.
Your concession is respectfully accepted.

Wrong again.

I'm betting there are an equal number of black Democrats against interracial marriage, fool.
So much for the "progressive" party...

I'm betting there are an equal number of black Democrats against interracial marriage, fool.
Really fool? Where are you getting that from? And so what if it's true? Intolerance by anyone is still intolerance and it does not exonerate these southern yahoos who do not know that they lost the civil war.
Do you honestly think these hacks would poll black supremacists and black nationalists in this country?

Really fool? Where are you getting that from? And so what if it's true? Intolerance by anyone is still intolerance and it does not exonerate these southern yahoos who do not know that they lost the civil war.

People have a right to believe as they do, and that includes being intolerant.

Grow up.

BTW, it was the Democrats who lost the Civil War, and will lose the next one as well.
Yes you have a right to your bigoted antediluvian bovine excrement beliefs. You do not have the right to discriminate, marginalize or demean others. And save that idiotic civil war era "Democrats as racist" horseshit. It is just desperate and stupid. That was then and this is now and we know what the Republicans stand for NOW
Of course he has the right to discriminate, marginalize and demean. He thinks you're an idiot and I agree. It's called disagreement.
I don't like barack obama's policies, you call me racist.
I think illegal immigrants should be deported, I'm "anti immigrant".
I don't think gays should get special treatment and people who are confused about their gender should use the bathroom that corresponds to their plumbing and DNA and you call me a homophobe.
You'd have a damned hard time convincing my second wife that I'm racist, you twit, and for your information, I intensely dislike barack obama's white half as well.
My grandparents were immigrants, son. They came here LEGALLY.

I have lots of gay friends. They don't make me uncomfortable at all much less fearful of them, then they aren't asking me to install another bathroom for them and they don't bitch that the bar's pool team calls themselves the Straight Shooters As a matter of fact, it's a joke with our lesbian member.
Your thing is, you want to create groups and assign them a grievance that you can pretend to care in return for their votes.
Conservatives think we all should strive for excellence despite our differences.
Hell yes! black lives matter, but no more and no differently than any other life. People want equal rights? ACT equal and put in equal effort or shut the fuck up.
Wow dude! That is quite a rant. You sound like you blew a gasket. Chill!! I do not recall calling you a racist, and I certainly would not have called you- or anyone – a racist for simply opposing Obama’s policies. That is just made up bovine excrement. However, BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION you think that people have the right to” discriminate, marginalize and demean” So WTF bubba.

However, if you think that all undocumented immigrants should be deported- then yes you are anti-immigrant. There is no other word for it. And, if you do not think that LGBT folks should treated with respect, equality and dignity- you are indeed anti LGBT- as is anyone who pushed that “special rights” crap or who clings to ignorant misinformation about transsexuals. But, this thread is not about any of that, is it?

It’s funny how people who are in fact racists love to call liberals racists, how people who hate call us hateful and claim that we are the ones who do not want equality. That is just horseshit. You claim that conservatives believe that “we all should strive for excellence despite our differences.” But it is conservatives who’s policies seek to hold back minorities, women, LGBT people, immigrants, the poor and even children. So that assertion is just more horseshit.
EVERYTHING Democrats do holds back white people(including white women, poor white people and white children), men(including non-white men) and Christians(including every minority group within the Christian faith).

The problem is that YOU are the ones who dare to put social justice as part of your platform when you willingly fuck over hundreds of millions of people.

This is that slippery slope toward beastiality. first we let the negroes run free unsupervized, then we give them the right to vote and even mix with civilization and now there destroying that very civilization we let them access. this is the same reason we dont let kids run around with swords!

This is that slippery slope toward beastiality. first we let the negroes run free unsupervized, then we give them the right to vote and even mix with civilization and now there destroying that very civilization we let them access. this is the same reason we dont let kids run around with swords!

You're an idiot.

You're an idiot.
your only mad because im telling it like it is. sorry not sorry u cant handle the truth.
ps Kys

You're an idiot.
your only mad because im telling it like it is. sorry not sorry u cant handle the truth.
ps Kys

Hardly. I do enjoy a haughty lecture from an illiterate fool, though. lol

You're an idiot.
ps Kys

Hardly. I do enjoy a haughty lecture from an illiterate fool, though. lol
ur probly an ignorant non american who is either a pathetic lazy loser who got a college degree in flipping burgers or an enabler of lazy losers that want govt handouts all the time so they vote lib
again KYS

Forum List

Back