Manning's Legacy...Under Pressure Yikes !!

Considering the quality of the teams he played for, not too impressive

Great at running up a good regular season record and getting a good playoff seed. Not so good once he gets there. Have rarely seen Peyton beat a better team or carry a playoff team on his back with a heroic drive with time running out

I dunno... He practically WAS the Colts. I mean year after year of 10+ win seasons. He gets a neck injury and misses a year - the Colts plummet to 2-14 and draft Andrew Luck. Can't argue about his lack of postseason success though. He's kind of like Farve - makes great plays but winds up making boneheaded mistakes at critical times.

very true.Like farve,he only has one superbowl win which pretty much is only going to be his ONLY win since this was really his last chance.that is so correct,farve was a good quarterback and everything,but he cost his team MANY chances to advance further in the playoffs with his boneheaded decisions.so very well said.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I thought the same thing about Tim Duncan when they lost to the Heat last year. Who knew they still had it in them. And they almost won last year. Had they, they'd have won 2 in a row and from what I hear, the Spurs might win again next year.

So we don't know if Denver will be good, bad or great next season. I love this about football. Who would have known Seattle would win last year? I sure didn't. But I have to say I don't root for Payton. I like him, respect him, but I'm just not a fan. I'd rather his brother beat him when it comes to championships. I'm sure Eli has lived in Payton's shadow his whole life. I want him to always have this on Payton. 2 rings vs Payton's 1.

Oh, and there is no shame in Payton's record. As long as he has 1 ring he'll be fine. Just not the greatest of all time which people were suggesting last year before he got embarrassed in the Superbowl.

who knew Seattle would win last year? you dont know whou Huggy is do you?:D:lmao:

and here is the proof in the pudding I did as well.I said the week before the NFC title game the team that won that game would win the superbowl because they were the two best teams in the NFL.That that game would be the REAL superbowl. You guys who picked the Broncos sure havent followed his past performances because i have said for YEARS,that he is a clone of dan marino,someone who puts up impressive numbers and statistics during the regular season,but in the big game against top notch competition,he chokes.:D

how many times does he have to do that over and over again before people acknowlede he will never win another superbowl,that that was his last chance? he isnt getting any younger this year.:cuckoo: matter of fact even though he plays in the weak AFC where the only team in there that can caise him problems is the pats,expect the pats to make it back to the superbowl this year and the donkeys to stay home.

the pats will be getting some key players back this year that they didnt have for the playoffs last year because of injurys on defense and the donkeys will have to play the NFC this year,easily the toughest division in football.they dont call it the black and blue for no reason at all.the donkeys found out last year they could not handle their physical type of play in the NFC.matter of fact i would be surprised if manning doesnt get hurt in one of those games and miss quite a few games for the first time.

if you had ever watched manning and how he plays against top notic competion in big games like i have over the years,you would see that it doesnt take a genius to have figured out back then the game would be a blowout like i knew it would.:D

http://www.usmessageboard.com/sport...ng-the-broncos-to-win-forget-these-facts.html

Last edited:
Manning's legacy done.

All teams have to do this season is watch the SB to see how to stop Denver and that should be the last we see of manning since he is 39 years. Don't see him playing another season after 2014

Manning's legacy done.

All teams have to do this season is watch the SB to see how to stop Denver and that should be the last we see of manning since he is 39 years. Don't see him playing another season after 2014

This is the most important season of Peyton's life. The difference between a great QB and a Legend is going to be what happens this season.

Manning's legacy done.

This is the most important season of Peyton's life. The difference between a great QB and a Legend is going to be what happens this season.

And I am so sick of hearing "the great peyton manning" when he has 1 SB ring and Brady has 3

Manning's legacy done.

And I am so sick of hearing "the great peyton manning" when he has 1 SB ring and Brady has 3

They're both in question right now. Brady won them with his last QB's team and the best kicker of all time. Manning gets it done in every month but January and February.

I can't wait until September!!!!!!

They're both in question right now. Brady won them with his last QB's team and the best kicker of all time. Manning gets it done in every month but January and February.

exactly.Brady without the best kicker of all time back then on his team,it makes you question how many of those 3 superbowls he won early on,how many of them he really would have one had he not had him back then early in his career the fact he hasnt won one since he lost him.

Dont know if you're aware of this or not,but one patriot player said after the superbowl that he was glad the patriots lost to the broncos and did not advance to the superbowl :Dand that was because had they done so,Bradys legacy would have taken a much bigger hit than Mannings did because Manning rightfully so,has been tagged ever since his college days of always choking in big games so this was nothing new for him,where if it had been Brady and the pats had suffered that blowout loss,then Bradys legacy would have really taken a big hit losing a superbowl in having it be a blowout.:D

Its a lot easier to come from behind and win a game in the last couple minutes of it by completing passes and getting out of bounds to move the sticks so the kicker can kick the winning field goal than it is if you have to drive for a touchdown to win the game at the end.When you get inside the 20 year line its harder to complete passes to wide open receivers cause you run out of real estate to thrown the ball to him.

Last edited:

exactly.Brady without the best kicker of all time back then on his team,it makes you question how many of those 3 superbowls he won early on,how many of them he really would have one had he not had him back then early in his career the fact he hasnt won one since he lost him.

Dont know if you're aware of this or not,but one patriot player said after the superbowl that he was glad the patriots lost to the broncos and did not advance to the superbowl :Dand that was because had they done so,Bradys legacy would have taken a much bigger hit than Mannings did because Manning rightfully so,has been tagged ever since his college days of always choking in big games so this was nothing new for him,where if it had been Brady and the pats had suffered that blowout loss,then Bradys legacy would have really taken a big hit losing a superbowl in having it be a blowout.:D

Its a lot easier to come from behind and win a game in the last couple minutes of it by completing passes and getting out of bounds to move the sticks so the kicker can kick the winning field goal than it is if you have to drive for a touchdown to win the game at the end.When you get inside the 20 year line its harder to complete passes to wide open receivers cause you run out of real estate to thrown the ball to him.

Remember the pick six that Manning threw to lose the second SB vs the Saints?

Remember the pick six that Manning threw to lose the second SB vs the Saints?

yep and it was at the most crucial time during the game when they were driving to try and tie it at the end as well.:D I never followed his college career but someome mentioned before that in his boggest game in his collge career on the biggest stage of his life,he did the same thig back then as well.:D

Mercifully the Seahawks put the game totally out of reach with the second half kickoff return sparing Manning the embarrassment of blowing a last second comeback drive like Kaeperenick tried in the NFC Championship game.

:lol:

oh yeah,the ones that are blowouts are easier to stomach then the close losses at the end like it was with kapernick.

oh yeah,the ones that are blowouts are easier to stomach then the close losses at the end like it was with kapernick.

Many forget that Denver was 2 1/2 - 3 point favorites. Vegas missed that one by 38 points.. :lol:

don't you wish you had gone to vegas last year? you would have won tons of money from them had you done so.i am kicking myself in the butt for not thinking of it.had I thought of it I would have gone. those people in vegas that were picking them were not using logic and common sense.They were thinking with their hearts instead with their minds because they overlooked what we have known for a long time,that in big games against top notch competition going back to his days in college,manning chokes.:D

That his brother is a much better quarterback when it comes to winning the big game than he is.:D they were ignoring all those facts wanting to see Manning ride out on a horse as one of the greatest since he had set a single season record so they were thinking with their hearts instead.:D when he faces the NFC west this year,they will change their minds about him being so impressive scoring all those points against the weak AFC defenses teams.

Many forget that Denver was 2 1/2 - 3 point favorites. Vegas missed that one by 38 points.. :lol:

don't you wish you had gone to vegas last year? you would have won tons of money from them had you done so.i am kicking myself in the butt for not thinking of it.had I thought of it I would have gone. those people in vegas that were picking them were not using logic and common sense.They were thinking with their hearts instead with their minds because they overlooked what we have known for a long time,that in big games against top notch competition going back to his days in college,manning chokes.:D

That his brother is a much better quarterback when it comes to winning the big game than he is.:D they were ignoring all those facts wanting to see Manning ride out on a horse as one of the greatest since he had set a single season record so they were thinking with their hearts instead.:D when he faces the NFC west this year,they will change their minds about him being so impressive scoring all those points against the weak AFC defenses teams.

The AFC and Manning will be undressed completely as the NFC West rips them a new A-Hole in the regular season. The "Super Bowl rematch" played in Seattle this season will best be preceeded by warnings to children and the weak of heart. The NFL should do the right thing and black out the game in Denver. :lol:

The Christians had better odds going against the Roman Lions in the Coleseum.

It won't be pretty.

the one time the donkeys face them this year the hawks MIGHT decide to go easy on them and the score might not be so one sided like it was in both the superbowl and in the pre season game last year is their preaseason game this year.sure is strange that they are scheduled to go up againt them in the preseason again this year isnt it?

The preseason game MIGHT be one game where they take it easy on them and its not a blowout.In last years blowout in the preseason,they didnt hold much back because since it was the first time they had faced manning they wanted to throw everything at him.

This years preseason game against them wont be as easy as last years because they will be in denver and it will be much tougher for the offense to call plays so that will help out denvers D.Since last year was the only time they faced them during the entire season not knowing they would face them again in the superbowl,they pretty much threw the kitchen sink at them even though it was a preseason game since they wanted to see how good their defense was against a peyton manning led offense.

This year I dont think they will show the donkeys much in that game.They will be wanting to save much of what they run and what defenses they disguise for them during the regular season and again since its in denver,it wont be as easy on their offense to call plays with that crowd noise and the mile high altititude they're not used to. Remember they know they can easily beat them.unlike last years preseason game,they wont be very pumped up for this game knowing they can beat them to a pulp when they want to.

They wont be motivated to want to go out and play hard in that game since its only a preseason game that means nothing to them.It will mean MUCH more by far to the donkeys than it doesa to the Hawks so while the Hawks will be conservative on plays this time around,denver wont be pulling any punches and will pull out all the stops and playing in denver and everything this time,they wont be at such a disadvantage.

The seahawks are going to be much more concerned with staying healthy in that game than winning it and will be saving everything they have for them for the regular season game where you just know denver unlike seattle, wont hold anything back for that game knowing that will be the last time they will ever have a chance to beat them again.unlike seattle,they are badly going to want to win that game.

For the Hawks,that game means nothing whatsoever to them,where it means everything to the donkeys. so that one game,they MIGHT have something to smile about.they'll have to enjoy it while they can because that will be the last game for Manning he will have where his team played them close and he wasnt knocked around.:D:lol:

come the regular season,he is in for a world of hurt when he faces them again.:D:lol::lol:

Makes you wonder how the schedule makers could have been so cruel.:D the guy would have at LEAST had a much better chance to walk out of the game after its over without limping had they did the donkeys a big favor which would have been to schedule the donkeys and seahawks to play in seattle for the preseason game then during the regular season,schedule them to face off again in denver.

That way the donkeys at least have some kind of of a remote chance to make the game close playing them in denver where the seahawks would have to deal with the mile high thin air and their deafening crowd noise.that was the ONLY reason the Ravens/donkeys playoff game the previous year was close was because of those two factors that faced the ravens that game.Had it been in baltimore it would have been a blowout.

For the NFL to schedule the donkeys to have to go to SEATTLE to face them during the regular season this year,its like the scedule makers couldnt have done anything more cruel to manning than that.:D Its like they want to see Manning go out and get killed or something.How cruel can you be on a guy sending him into a vipers nest at the end of his career when he is playing on his last legs?:D:lol::lol:

Last edited:
the one time the donkeys face them this year the hawks MIGHT decide to go easy on them and the score might not be so one sided like it was in both the superbowl and in the pre season game last year is their preaseason game this year.sure is strange that they are scheduled to go up againt them in the preseason again this year isnt it?

The preseason game MIGHT be one game where they take it easy on them and its not a blowout.In last years blowout in the preseason,they didnt hold much back because since it was the first time they had faced manning they wanted to throw everything at him.

This years preseason game against them wont be as easy as last years because they will be in denver and it will be much tougher for the offense to call plays so that will help out denvers D.Since last year was the only time they faced them during the entire season not knowing they would face them again in the superbowl,they pretty much threw the kitchen sink at them even though it was a preseason game since they wanted to see how good their defense was against a peyton manning led offense.

This year I dont think they will show the donkeys much in that game.They will be wanting to save much of what they run and what defenses they disguise for them during the regular season and again since its in denver,it wont be as easy on their offense to call plays with that crowd noise and the mile high altititude they're not used to. Remember they know they can easily beat them.unlike last years preseason game,they wont be very pumped up for this game knowing they can beat them to a pulp when they want to.

They wont be motivated to want to go out and play hard in that game since its only a preseason game that means nothing to them.It will mean MUCH more by far to the donkeys than it doesa to the Hawks so while the Hawks will be conservative on plays this time around,denver wont be pulling any punches and will pull out all the stops and playing in denver and everything this time,they wont be at such a disadvantage.

The seahawks are going to be much more concerned with staying healthy in that game than winning it and will be saving everything they have for them for the regular season game where you just know denver unlike seattle, wont hold anything back for that game knowing that will be the last time they will ever have a chance to beat them again.unlike seattle,they are badly going to want to win that game.

For the Hawks,that game means nothing whatsoever to them,where it means everything to the donkeys. so that one game,they MIGHT have something to smile about.they'll have to enjoy it while they can because that will be the last game for Manning he will have where his team played them close and he wasnt knocked around.:D:lol:

come the regular season,he is in for a world of hurt when he faces them again.:D:lol::lol:

Makes you wonder how the schedule makers could have been so cruel.:D the guy would have at LEAST had a much better chance to walk out of the game after its over without limping had they did the donkeys a big favor which would have been to schedule the donkeys and seahawks to play in seattle for the preseason game then during the regular season,schedule them to face off again in denver.

That way the donkeys at least have some kind of of a remote chance to make the game close playing them in denver where the seahawks would have to deal with the mile high thin air and their deafening crowd noise.that was the ONLY reason the Ravens/donkeys playoff game the previous year was close was because of those two factors that faced the ravens that game.Had it been in baltimore it would have been a blowout.

For the NFL to schedule the donkeys to have to go to SEATTLE to face them during the regular season this year,its like the scedule makers couldnt have done anything more cruel to manning than that.:D Its like they want to see Manning go out and get killed or something.How cruel can you be on a guy sending him into a vipers nest at the end of his career when he is playing on his last legs?:D:lol::lol:

Great post!

I agree with all your points.

For the last two seasons Carroll placed much more emphasis on winning EVERY time the team stepped on the field be it a seemingly unimportant game like pre season or a regular season game.

This season there is little to find out in a pre season game and much to lose with ANY injury.

The Seahawks are SET with who will be starting. They are not a team searching for answers. All this team needs is conditioning and real time game speed workouts. There is nothing to prove to anyone including themselves in making any special effort to win pre season games. They know how to put their foot on the gas and crush their opponents.

The worst thing in the world would be to get critical players injured in pre season.

The Pre Season Game up in Denver is especially important to show the Broncos absolutely NOTHING.

I hope that Carroll only plays Wilson, Harvin, Lynch and EVERY starter on Offense ONE FIRST QTR series if THAT.

The whole rest of the game should be the players trying to make the Seahawks squad.

If I was Pete Carroll I would spend the whole pre season getting ready for the first couple of regular season games to get a good jump on the regular season. After game one and two of regular season play there will be enough video available to prepare for game three and so on.

The success of the 2014 Seahawks will be TOTALLY injury driven. Barring injury the Hawks will go undefeated.

Last edited:

Great post!

I agree with all your points.

For the last two seasons Carroll placed much more emphasis on winning EVERY time the team stepped on the field be it a seemingly unimportant game like pre season or a regular season game.

This season there is little to find out in a pre season game and much to lose with ANY injury.

The Seahawks are SET with who will be starting. They are not a team searching for answers. All this team needs is conditioning and real time game speed workouts. There is nothing to prove to anyone including themselves in making any special effort to win pre season games. They know how to put their foot on the gas and crush their opponents.

The worst thing in the world would be to get critical players injured in pre season.

The Pre Season Game up in Denver is especially important to show the Broncos absolutely NOTHING.

I hope that Carroll only plays Wilson, Harvin, Lynch and EVERY starter on Offense ONE FIRST QTR series if THAT.

The whole rest of the game should be the players trying to make the Seahawks squad.

If I was Pete Carroll I would spend the whole pre season getting ready for the first couple of regular season games to get a good jump on the regular season. After game one and two of regular season play there will be enough video available to prepare for game three and so on.

The success of the 2014 Seahawks will be TOTALLY injury driven. Barring injury the Hawks will go undefeated.

I figured that post would FINALLY get a like from you.:D yeah i agree as well about playing wilson,harvin,lynch,rice and the other starters just one series then after that,let all the backups play the rest of the game and yeah,the last couple games of the preseason do the same thing,just one series to use those two games to evaluate players.

Its understandable his approch that he used while he was there the past four years to try and win every game including the preseason especially these past two seasons when they first got wilson because wilson was still learning the game and they needed that mindset his first two seasons there to have them play to win every game to get them in that mindset.

But now that he knows what he has in his players like you said,he just needs to get his starters in there for the first couple games and play through most the third quarter those two games to get them to game conditions again and after that,just play the backups the final two preseason games.

Normally this time of the year,i could care less about the upcoming season because i lost interest in pro football when the rams moved away from LA.But wilson and carrol have both made the game fun for me to watch again and for the first time in 20 years since the rams were in LA,I am actually excited about the upcoming season getting started so much so that I plan to even watch the PRE SEASON games of the hawks.

Phillip Rivers best years are behind him so I have nothing to look forward to with my chargers now this year and for a long time as well so might as well tune to see how my second favorite team currently is doing. the general manager of the chargers is an idiot.

He should have hired ken whisenhunt who I knew was going to be an excellent coach with the cardinals and would turn that organization around,had he gone and hired him as their HEAD coach like he should have instead of just their offensiver coordinater,they would be a force to be reckoned with again.Instead who do the chargers have? mike mccoy. whats he ever done?:mad:

Man your Hawks are so lucky.I wish my chargers had a general manager who was smart enough to hire pete carrol and draft russel wilson.:mad:Its especially maddening to me knowing they could have had Wilson easily had they wanted him.:mad:

Last edited:
For anyone that has an interest in the Seahawks I recommend they go over to Seahawks.com and click on the videos and pics menu. There you will find in today's selections a good couple of interviews with Kam Chancellor. Known as the hit man for the Hawks he is remarkably articulate and focused on what he does in preparation for the season. One would think a hard hitter like Kam would be a boring knuckle dragging mouth breather. Not so. He is as dialed in as one could expect.

just wondering,do you have any desire to watch that last game outdoors the Vikings played in the Met from 82 from that thread I created? that was when football was actually a fun game to watch before teams like the Vikings and Lions became wussies and went indoors,the owners ruined the fun of the game when they let those two cold weather teams move indoors.Its one thing for warm weather team like Arizona to do that,but its disgusting and nauseating to see cold weather teams like the Vikings and lions get to do it as well.:mad:

the 80's were really the decline and fall of pro football with cold weather teams like the Vikings and Lions moving indoors and then the colts and raiders being the first teams to start the trend of moving their teams away to another city.its a travesty of justice that there isnt some kind of law against that.:mad:

till the seahawks turned things around their first year with Wilson and got me to start watching all their games last year,thats what I did after the rams left was just watch old NFL games from the past.the good old days when football was fun to watch all the time.

I know you're not a Vikings fan but neither am I but seeing them in that cold weather game with players who played it back then for the love of the game instead of the love of the money like so many do now,it sure brings back a lot of fond memories.

glad to see football will be fun for me again for at least two more years with the Vikings outdoors again for two seasons before the A hole owner moves them indoors again.:mad:

Last edited:
your seahawks did the right thing moving outdoors finally .its about fucking time the Vikings did as well PERMANETELY.:mad:

Forum List

Back